Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What is old, is new again

B

bweiß

As the sun begins to set upon my graying brow I find it more and more common that those things of joy I once knew so long ago, have returned to me all shiny and new again. I was in high school when I purchased Midway from Avalon Hill. I was fascinated by the graphic detail of the ship counters. And even the map had appeal if only a cardboard view of the ocean. Still, in an age when the calculator that had the slot machine arm was the latest and greatest technology, that game was amazing. I went on to buy many of the AH titles but Squad Leader was undoubtedly the most fun of all, if not hair pulling in reading and remembering all the rules.

Then one day I stumbled across Battlefront and the CM game Beyond Overlord. I was hooked. For a long time I enjoyed those CM titles, BB and AK. Played PBEM quite a bit in those days. Flash forward to the present and I'm... back in d saddle agin. Won't be long before I'm looking to learn a few things from the more experienced gents in FGM while getting my tail feathers plucked. CMx2 is a far cry from CM. Lots of new tactics and strategy to study. And playing a human is the best method for learning. My Grandfather used to explain how they taught someone to swim in the old days. "You just rowed out in the river and toss em over the side... They learned".

So hello there, glad to sign onto FGM, looking forward to meeting new opponents along the way.

Welcome aboard
I am sure you will find many willing teachers and opponents here
What titles you have in the CM2 line btw?

Greetings, @bweiß! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Jump right in. The river water is mighty fine. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Hello bweiß, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN! :)
Good to have you with us!

:2charge:

Hello All, and thank you for the warm welcome. Not sure how to do the "@name" highlight thingy yet, but:

(Abbasid), I use CMBN(CM/MG), CMFI(GL/*RV*), CMFB and CMRT.
(Badger), thanks for the tip. I will use the CM Helper undoubtedly.
(Shorker), ~Salute!
(Panzer Lehr), ~Salute!
(fabishd), Ha! Very true. Of course when he rowed me out in the river to learn, he made me put a life jacket on. At first anyway. With CM I played the AI for a while and eventually thought I knew what I was doing. Then I played my first human... Humans do the darndest things.

Welcome! I had so much fun with "CM game Beyond Overlord"
as well as some older titles for C=64 like wargame construction set, and Typhoons of steel, and Modem Wars :)

Back