Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Yo What Up

G

goldeneale

Hey all, Gold here. Long time fan of authentic wargaming, tactics, and military history. I have over 2,000 hours in ArmA3, mostly spent leading in or within platoon-level operations with my unit, the 3rd Ranger Battalion, which some of you may recognize from Shermanator's videos on YouTube. I also enjoy making operations and running them for my unit as Zeus. I got into CM relatively recently, around the same time that SF2 came out on Steam, though I'd been CM-curious ever since watching a few YouTube videos on the franchise. I started with CMBS and CMFI and just recently claimed victory in the Troina campaign, and am now thinking of buying CMRT to get some of that Ostfront action. I love the depth of the CM franchise and how accurately real-life tactics apply within the engine, and playing has really developed my tactical mindset more than anything else before it.

I've done a couple PBEM games but am relatively inexperienced in multiplayer and still solidifying my fundamentals, but I'm hoping to get some more action here in the FGM forums, which I've often heard about in various videos. Finally decided to sign up when I saw the CMBS multiplayer campaign, which I'm hoping to partake in!

I enjoy fiction writing and rolling my eyes at impractical or inaccurate violence in media, video games—especially of the tactical or strategic flavor—and wargaming. Tabletop RPGs are another big interest of mine, where I both play and DM. GURPS is my favorite system! The creative side of me keeps leering at the CM scenario creator and licking its lips, too, so maybe I'll get into that at some point, though I wonder if I have the time to really try my hand at that particular art.

Nice to meet you all. If anyone would like to start a game, hit me up!

Big welcome to the Club @goldeneale The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome to the group!
Let me know if you want to start playing a PBEM game (we both have CMBS)?

No preference...I'm fine with either side. Do you want a QB? Or...a pre-made battle?

No preference...I'm fine with either side. Do you want a QB? Or...a pre-made battle?
I guess we can just do a QB to start with, medium size, any map. Since I'm new I'll take Americans! I'm sure you can beat me with either side.

Back