Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM:Battle for Normandy General Discussion

Yes! I was just reading more about all of this in the manual. The ability to provide first aid, popping smoke, better arty control, how units will realing to better cover with the "face" command, etc etc..... Holy crap I am like a kid at christmas! This is all good stuff...it is just going to take a lot of learning and getting used to to implement it all effectively. What fun. Though the grapics are already stunning...just wait till the modders get ahold of this thing.

I just printed out the Tutorial Basic Training Campaign (pages 17 to 31) from the online manual and will wade through its 3 parts-
1- 'Out on Patrol' (movement command training)
2- 'Firing Range' (weapon training and arty support)
3- 'Battle Drill' (against a mock enemy force)

After that comes the second Training Campaign called 'Task Force Raff' against a (gulp) real live German force on D-Day, send out search parties if I don't make it back..

Though the grapics are already stunning...just wait till the modders get ahold of this thing.

So you want to tell me - in my face - that my textrues aren't good enough for you? See, that's the reason I won't release my textures as template for modders. :tongue1:

Oh Earl!!! You know I meant no personal slight! I have hardly even begun to delve into most of the visuals on this bad boy. I just cannot wait to see some of the fine tuning and personal touches get added by the modders. It is a beautiful game. As with all the other CM games....it will just be fun watching it get better and better!!!! :)

And I'm just kidding. Due to time constraints, some textures could of course have been better. And I admit I have thought of a mod for my own textures already... :biggrin1:

PzIV-town.jpg

Straight into the deep end... street battle vs MGK... my Pz IV lurking... the little heap in a cloud of dust is one of MGK's bazooka teams that got caught in the open.
Street fighting is a nasty business.

^ I am feeling your paint bootie, minus house work..I am knee deep in suffering from other things!! ARGHHH!

Yeah, really cool they made that one work - actually the game isn't suppsoed to do that! :biggrin1: Only through the exploit of a bug was it possible...

I fear I have to purchase this game eventually ....

The graphics from these screenshots look much better then I remember from the demo on my laptop.

I very much like what you can do with an arty strike, the resupply of ammo and possibility to give firstaid.

Are any of these things possible in PCO ?

EoG you'll like the tally of this StuG.

Indeed, I do! Good job! :biggrin1: Sadly, it also highlights how mediocre my textures are compared to Kwazydog's original effort (the Tiger)... :RpS_sad:

Are any of these things possible in PCO ?

Either "no" or "not in this detail". PCO is far more similar to CMBB than to CMBN. I admit I haven't really looked into it yet, but will.

Casualties are far less abstract and more visceral in this game... one of my infantry squads gets caught in crossfire when exiting a building in my street fight vs MGK.

CMNB-screen.jpg

Cool screenie Rico.

Back