Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[COMPETITION] Scenario Creation Competition

Me too! :S Learning the editor from scratch though...

Really? How great is that mate. I'm really looking forward on your creation. This is a great way to learn working with the editor. Perhaps you will be hooked and create even more awesome scenarios.

Quick question; can we get playtesters who are registered with TFG but not currently involved in the competition? Elsewise there might be an issue with testing, depending on the mission creator's luck...

TFG? Is that some other group then this one? If so then that is no problem mate. They are no FGM members and not involved in the judging.

Hmm... I'll see what I can do about this playtesting thing. Will get to this sometime. We are not in the phase of playtesting yet so :p;)

Quick question; can we get playtesters who are registered with TFG but not currently involved in the competition? Elsewise there might be an issue with testing, depending on the mission creator's luck...

@ Artemis:
Why don't you, as Dutch Grenadier suggested earlier, recruit someone from the Battlefront forums? It is a sound idea, the BF Forum is the biggest one related to CM so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Other good advice from Grenadier was to playtest with yourself (pun intended :D) in hotset-mode. I gonna playtest with myself. ;)

@ Dutch Grenadier:
Thanks for the clarification! The story-issue is settled with me but I am still semi-happy with the "No setup-zone"-rule. I still think that it reduces the tactical flexibility too much. My map is intended to have many avenues of aproach to be exciting.
Is it okay for you when I make one version of my map for the contest without zones and publish a second version with setup-zones later?

By the way: I am also already up and running! Real-life location found and basic layout drawn. :2charge:

@ Dutch Grenadier:
Thanks for the clarification! The story-issue is settled with me but I am still semi-happy with the "No setup-zone"-rule. I still think that it reduces the tactical flexibility too much. My map is intended to have many avenues of aproach to be exciting.
Is it okay for you when I make one version of my map for the contest without zones and publish a second version with setup-zones later?

sure thing. I think that it is exciting to have a H2H scenario where you have to jump in anf deal with it :)

i'm going to re-write the rules and clarify them beter. Will be done within the next few days. Map rules will be the same. I will give a more indepth clarifiation about the minor things like briefing, story, units, details

@ Artemis:
Why don't you, as Dutch Grenadier suggested earlier, recruit someone from the Battlefront forums? It is a sound idea, the BF Forum is the biggest one related to CM so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Other good advice from Grenadier was to playtest with yourself (pun intended :D) in hotset-mode. I gonna playtest with myself. ;)

I have put up a post there, but it's been a few days and interest seems low :( Those forums are not as active as they once were I feel. I have been playtesting the 'proof of concept' version with myself, but as I know what I'm doing and how I've sort of... designed it to play... there's a limit to what I can do. Testing needs to be done with people a little in the dark as to the full design + intent, and who are actively trying to 'break' it to really put it to it's limits! Particularly as it's my first scenario so the first test is of me, not the mission!

I have put up a post there, but it's been a few days and interest seems low :( Those forums are not as active as they once were I feel.
<snipped>

Give that some time. Visits there are irregular during the lull between game releases.
Another thought for BFC; is it worthwhile to create "Playtesters wanted" threads for the WW2 games there after @Dutch Grenadier updates the rules? That might generate more interest for playtesting.

Yeah, just chill. :cool: Or is your Scenario finished already? Because mine will take at least a month before it reaches playtesting.
Your pionts are valid... Playtesters are needed! Have a game with a friend, who plays so COMPLETELY different than I would have expected, very useful information regarding the design if the scenario!

Don't worry I have a solution in my head but I'm at work atm and don't have the time to update them yet. We are in the mapmaking proces atm so it can wait a few days.

I'm building a fairly small scenario (first tie and all) so I have enough down all at once to do proof of concept matches... that and I had a bit of spare time this week :S

I have a few ideas about this playtesting problem: (let me know which option you prefer (with motivation)

There are 2 stages of playtesting for this competion:
Alpha stage: only you test your scernario in hotseat mode
Beta stage: one of the 2 options below (and you can finetune your scenario for release)

1: you and an FGM member playtest the scenario and this member can give dubble (bonus) points for playability
2: 2 FGM members playtest your scenario and they are the only 2 that can give points for playability (this is my best option)

Other rules will be finetuned tomorrow.

Ahh, I realise now that I misread the rules - didn't see the point about it being an open competition where the whole forum could post scores.... hmmm tricky. You could do it the other way - playtesters -can't- offer scores... *shrug* or keep it how it was, only playtest outside the site :S Sorry for confusing things a bit!

Seriously, I am thinking of putting together a tournament, with Booties permission of course, and would need, oh, at least four scenarios. I was thinking all Tiny and Small or maybe one Medium. All about 20-30-45 minutes long.
Ideally it would be one scenario from each game, CMBN - FI - RT - FB. My concern would be that not enough players have all four games.

How is it going guys? Any problems or things that are not clear?
Could you also create a thread to keep members informed?

Back