Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[HOW TO] Register on the Ladder

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello Guys

Im actually holding my breathe as I type this. I can feel it in my bones there is going to be a forum wide outcry that yet again Bootie is fickering with the ladders. But please hear me out before formulating an opinion and pointing accusing fingers in my direction.

Let me start by telling you 'why' we need a new ladder system. Its quite simple really. The one we have just now is not fit for purpose any longer. It did work fine for a good period of time and I am grateful for the work that Zaraza put into it but due to time constraints with him he has been unable to carry out some much needed maintenance that has been outstanding since we switched over to the new software we run for the forum today.

The issue relates to new members not being able to access the ladder with their log in. Results for members who have joined since the forum switch over have all been inserted by yours truly and to be honest I don't have the time to have to deal with what basically amounts to a manual ladder. So, despite my head telling me Im gonna be kicking a hornets nest I released some club funds kindly donated by you guys and set forth to buy some proper software which we can run all our ladders on.

I purchased the software on Tuesday and have been working my ass of behind the scenes to get it fit for purpose. When I finally release the link to the ladders you guys are gonna think 'what the f*ck is this' and may seem a bit overawed by everything contained within. Hence Im gonna post a detailed walk through here on how to get started before throwing open the doors. Please do read through as it will make your first view that much less daunting!

Unfortunately I cannot transfer the results from the current ladders, half the players are no longer with us anyway but what I plan to do is still run the main ladders, CMX1 and CMX2 until the end of the year. You guys can still post results to them AND the new ladder system. Now if come the end of the year the new system is stable and successful we will shut down the present CMx1 and X2 ladders and award prizes for those folk who have (a) finished top of the heap and (b) reported the most games. If come the end of the year the new ladder system falls on its arse then we can do away with it and run the current ladders as best we can.

Now Ive gave you guys the bad news let me tell you what the new ladder offers and hopefully it will come across as good news.

The new ladders will have....

• Fully automated ladder ranking system.
  • Teams/Players ranked using complex ranking algorithm for more accurate ranking.
  • Suitable for all game types especially action games, card and board games and strategy games.
  • Create unlimited ladders for team play or 1v1 play. Users need only sign up once.
  • Rank, last rank, wins, losses, games played, streak, win % etc. recorded for each player account.
  • Full contact info for each player and team account including email, website, MSN, AIM, Yahoo etc.
  • Personal profile for each player and team including all their contact information, stats and logo.
  • Fully automated sign-up and validation system.
  • Completely automated ladder system, standings and statistics updated immediately after report.
  • Player login to report matches, change account details and make challenges.
  • Match page listing all recent match results and details.
  • Search page allowing users to search for individuals.
Some real neat features there and not listed above is the Overall Ladder where no matter what game you play it all gets recorded on the one ladder so we can find out who the real heroes of the FGM are.. Without further ado let me introduce to the *NEW* FGM Ladder System.

Ok... when you first go to the ladder page you will see this screen.

Main Screen.jpg

The first thing you need to do is head over to the left hand menu and select new player sign up.

2.png

Once clicked the registration page will open up which must be filled in. All pretty self explanatory. Player logo is basically a picture of you. I have added an actual picture of me and would urge others to put real pictures of yourselves in their. Its great to know what your opponents look like.

3.JPG

When finished click Create My Account and this screen will appear. Follow the instructions.

4.JPG

Go to your email and click on the link to validate. It is very fast sending the email so if it hasn't arrived be sure to check your spam folder. That is where mine ended up. But I hauled it out and validated account.

Once the link is pressed in your email it takes you back to the ladders page.

5.JPG

Then over to the left menu to click Validate Account or just click the box that appears in the middle of the screen

6.JPG

Once you press that you get this pop up.

7.JPG

Now we just need to log in from the top right. Once you log in you will notice that the menu on the left changes.

8.JPG

What is important to note is that this is not your individual account for joining ladders. This is your 'Player' Account. For each ladder you wish to join you create a 'team account' for. Sounds confusing but hey.... just follow me!!

I want to join the CMX2 ladder so I go voer to the left hand menu and choose Join a Ladder.

9.JPG

When clicked the below form pops up. Choose the ladder you wish to join from the drop down menu and fill the rest in. Dont worry about the Tag as it is more for team games. And while your at it why not upload a team logo/flag. :)

10.JPG

Press join ladder....

11.JPG

Go to your account manager and view your player account and team account for the CMX2 ladder!

12.JPG

13.JPG

Now you have set up your overall player account and set yourself up as a one man team on the CMX2 ladder lets go over and check the ladder out.

Choose the ladder from the left hand section.

14.JPG

It in turn opens this. Click the link to your ladder.

15.JPG

Now I have yet to report a game but as soon as I have one to report I will do a walk through of that.

Well, thats about all for tonight... its nearly 2AM and Im up at 0630 with the baby so Im gonna call it a night. For now you can access the ladders at this link.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/FGMLADDERS/

Tomorrow afternoon I will get a link set up at the top of the forums. Thanks for reading and any questions just ask.

Well done Boss !

I am sure the new ladders will be a great success !

Great news Chief!!
The new ladders will certainly give a boost to our club.
Also the new software looks promising and full of interesting features!

Sorry to bother You, Shane! No e-mail arrived - neither at spam nor at common folder. :( Waited a few minutes but nothing. Will try it later again.

Greetings

I ve created an account but no mail arrived in order to validate my account.

Cool! We have rocketed forward. Amazing work! You really should get paid for doing this.

Back