Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rambler's Gallery

Two 30 sec. clips from the latest scenario I finished in the CMSF USMC campaign, Road to Safita.

This HMMWV was providing overwatch when it came under fire from uncon fighters. Ma Deuce made her displeasure known.

Two T-62s are taken out by a SMAW team and a TOW equipped HMMWV (offscreen, just behind the camera). These two tanks were a surprise arrival, and the only units I had to take them on in that area of the village were these. I think they deserve some Bronze Stars.

Last edited:
YjZvLrp.jpg

KJCDmlw.jpg

Nice! I think that is my favorite fighter. One of these days DCS will have this thing as playable. Here's to crossing your fingers. :)

Thanks! Yeah, the bug is a sweet little fighter. One of my friends from back in college flies them IRL; so jealous. I too am anxiously awaiting ED's 18C module! I just hope they get around to completing it sometime in my lifetime. This Arma 3 addon will have to suffice in the meantime. It's extremely well done and a lot of fun. I highly recommend downloading it if you have a copy of Arma 3. Sure, it ain't DCS level fidelity, but it's still satisfying dropping JDAMs all over the place with it :D.

I've been playing the CMBN scenario The Mace with a friend of mine for a year and a half now, and it's been a pretty brutal battle. Most of the heavy fighting has centered around the Vimoutiers Road objective. My friend committed four Panzer IVs and a Panther, over half of his armored force (4x PIVs, 4x PVs, 1x StuG) to this objective. I had seven Sherman IIIs to hold the road with. I was able to kill all the PIVs with only two losses, but the Panther proved to be a tough nut to crack. It singlehandedly destroyed three more Shermans and immobilized another (not without my tanks getting some good hits on it, just not the knocking out kind). I had one Sherman left, and I started bringing over another that was defending a different objective. Meanwhile, I had a contigent of Polish troops clearing the woods around Vimoutiers Rd. The road the Panther was occupying runs right next to the edge of the woods. In a gamble of desperation, I sent a broken HQ squad and a three man assault team to kill that mofo once and for all. Everything pretty much hinged on this, and I was betting the Panther was too occupied with finishing off one of my Shermans it was eating for breakfast. Here's what happened:

Different perspective:

The rifleman in the broken HQ squad assaulted the Panther and knocked it out. Victoria Cross nomination for him. Had he not killed it, that Panther could have wreaked havoc in my rear area at Vimoutiers Rd and seriously put a crimp in my plan of pushing the enemy forces back off the objective. Now there should be no problem pushing the Germans off in the 22 minutes left. Moral of story: never leave your valuable tanks unguarded next to woods :D.

Aah I see! Funny! :cool: :D Thx!

"For all cases" I have now put Arma III on my wishlist at Steam - maybe in the next "Big Sale" event I will buy it finally - depends on the price then. ;)

Yep, the dinosaurs are from the pack Vart linked to. The map is Island Panthera, which has a Jurassic Park-like park on the northeast island, right down to the main gate you see in the movie. The Longbow is from a US Helicopter mod.

When you get Arma 3, be sure to join in on our highly professional FGM Sunday Arma sessions ;). Couldn't ask for a better group to co-op with.

A day in the life of a raptor:

RAWR!
U2ZfLjY.jpg

Eat breakfast! Crunch, crunch!
9R01RTP.jpg

Chase traffic!
tAtVZq8.jpg

Play hide and seek! Where are you? Not here!
g0iRmWG.jpg

There you are! RAWR!
bDbSpN3.jpg

Eat lunch! Munch, munch!
5sa391M.jpg

Play leapfrog! Scare humans!
NxfcH93.jpg

Lay trap, catch dinner! Clever girl!
E9DGsA6.jpg

Last edited:
Some shots from the CMBS scenario Dueling Shashkas. Definitely recommend this one.

They won't have to go far to bury what remains of this Oplot crew:
zhxSk3d.jpg

What happened here was...frustrating. An Oplot took out one of my BMP-3s, killing everyone in it. The second BMP-3 that was trailing it decided to run right into the back of the wreck and not go around. At that moment, the knocked out BMP-3's magazine cooked off and destroyed the second BMP-3, killing one passenger :mad:.
qwroczM.jpg

Boom...
NUh67M6.jpg

and boom! Three more dead Uke Oplots:
IaAKGgr.jpg

This Oplot didn't quite make it to Donetsk:
gT5EOZj.jpg

Back