Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**NSFW** Australia Appreciation Thread

Australia has some great place / local government (counties) names. These are just from my home State of Western Australia.

Mukinbudin <muck - in - boo - din>
Meekatharra <meek - a - tha - ra> (The 'h' can be silent depending on who you ask)
Ngaanyajarraku <good - luck>

Australia has some great place / local government (counties) names. These are just from my home State of Western Australia.

Mukinbudin <muck - in - boo - din>
Meekatharra <meek - a - tha - ra> (The 'h' can be silent depending on who you ask)
Ngaanyajarraku <good - luck>

On a hot day, good to know there's some relief just down the road. :D

koolyanobbing.jpg

On a hot day, good to know there's some relief just down the road. :D

View attachment 25085

I pass that sign on a regular basis during the course of my work, always gives me a chuckle - the other one is Doodlakine, which can't be said without giving finger guns at the same time. DUDE-lakine! :cool:

We have these boys come into the house quite often and prowl around ceiling corners -- called "rain spiders", they can get quite large (although our cat considers them a delicacy) ... but are pretty harmless... a species of huntsman spider native to Southern Africa.[2] It is the most common and widespread species in the Palystes genus. Its distribution ranges from KwaZulu-Natal province in the east, then westwards to the provinces of Mpumalanga, Limpopo, and North West in the north, and Eastern Cape and Western Cape in the south. It has a body length of 25–30 mm ... venom apparently about as painful as a bee sting.

Generally just trap 'em in a tupperware and chuck em back into the garden.

1280px-Palystes_superciliosus%2C_a%2C_Pretoria.jpg

Although this is a baby one... wouldn't want to be doing this for fun...

south-africa-yebo-gogga-2010-10-5-11-4-55.jpg
The fact that these just turn up in your house is horrific

Reactions: mTk
Don't you guys have tarantulas? I know the USA does, wasn't sure about Canada...

Huntsmans are pretty cool though, and bloody fast!

Not naturally, people just get them as pets. We have spiders that are too big for me, but honestly they aren't much bigger than your hand

Back