Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle 1# - Day 1 Dawn (North) Dutch Grenadier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wll do it asap BUT one more minor delayment. It is my birthday tomorrow and I'm working the nightshift this weekend. In one hour my best friend is coming for my birthday and I have to start work @20:00h. Tomorrow once I have awoken the rest of my friends and family will come and they will stay untill I leave for work @20:00h. So the best I can give you is sunday afternoon once I have awoken :) after that things can get rolling as normal.

The AT Guns are to the south and are outside of the CM engagement zone. The Marders are also outside the engagement zone to the west but you elected earlier to bring them on as reserves so they haven't arrived at the battlefield yet. Minimum wait is 20 mins.

You do made an error Chad. You gave me shelters instead of MG42 bunkers and I'm missing my AT mines. My whole defence was setup around those MG42 bunkers and AT mines :D

Your fortifications were aligned to from Odin's selections on the matter. Did you noticed you had more trenches and foxholes instead? :) There was a lot of confusion this campaign round on my end as I had to trawl through lots of forums posts with no definitive 'this is it' selection to a number of matters. (Both sides were 'guilty') Will cut some slack for first turn but I've already got plans to tighten the whole process for next campaign turn.

Check your dropbox, updated file with fortification selection aligned to your forum post ready to go. (So you lost some trenches and other fortifications).

Thanks mate and my post regarding fortifications was pretty clear. I even posted screens on how i planned to use them ;)

Finally my setup is done!!!

Overview

Battle plan

The yellow lines are fields of fire for HMG's
The red circle's are infantry platoons
The blue curcle are 2 infantry squads with extra AT weapons. They will performing the scouting mission

He only has 1 crossing and that is the bridge. Since I lack long range AT weapons the plan is to let his armor cross the bridge. The end of the bridge is heavely mined with AT mines. If his infantry crosses they will be cut down by the HMG's. If his infantry moves into the forrest they will be slowed down by anti-personal mines and infantry

I have enough TRP's laying around to blast his infantry

@Odin

I do not wish to see this plan in the general topic. I don't see any Russian topic with their battle tactics.

First contact is made. In the far distance I've spotted a T34/85

+1
+1
+1

Man I wished i had some Flak88's! The distance is about 900m in open ground

So far no fire contact but loads of sound and visual contact. I spotted around 6-8 T34/85's and 1 BA64.
I withdrawn my scouts and have them set up in a gully. His forces are all going for that gully and towards the bridge. I hope to hurt him a little bit near the gully. And once my Marders arrive I hope I can pick his armor off on the bridge. Once the first tank hits the bridge it will be knocked out by mines and then it will block the bridge for further vehicle movement.

My Panzerjäger units arrived. And I have enough time to manouvre them into possition :) No fire contact but his units are getting closer.

Alright the next few minutes are going to be critical. I witdrawn my scouts with some losses. As you can see a large group of infantry is aproaching.
I have set a arty order wich wil drop in 6min. (120mm) I hope this wil hit his infantry hard. I have my Marders in postion...

The first T34 is knocked out :) But at the cost of 1 Marder :(
He is pounding buildings on the frontline but they are empty ;)
He's scared :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back