Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Here's a little game play hint that I discovered on my own in my many hours of playing this game. If you have a mission to kill something and find whatever it is to be too strong in a straight up fight, if you can get them to chase you (we called this "kiting" in Everquest), you can try to run them to some guards on patrol, or perhaps another mercenary company, and the guards will assist you in your battle.

I just used this little tactic today. I had a "protect a city from greenskins" 3 skull noble mission. When I got there, I found the orcs straight away. There were 15 of them, 8 Warriors, 3 Beserkers, 1 Warlord, and 3 young. Tried to win a couple of times, but kept losing men. So, I ran north along the road, for an entire game day and eventually came across a 23 man patrol. The orcs were on my heels, so I stopped running right in front of the patrol. Now it was 35 of us VS the 15 orcs. Easy win, and I collect 3600 crowns. :cool:

Here's a little game play hint that I discovered on my own in my many hours of playing this game. If you have a mission to kill something and find whatever it is to be too strong in a straight up fight, if you can get them to chase you (we called this "kiting" in Everquest), you can try to run them to some guards on patrol, or perhaps another mercenary company, and the guards will assist you in your battle.

I just used this little tactic today. I had a "protect a city from greenskins" 3 skull noble mission. When I got there, I found the orcs straight away. There were 15 of them, 8 Warriors, 3 Beserkers, 1 Warlord, and 3 young. Tried to win a couple of times, but kept losing men. So, I ran north along the road, for an entire game day and eventually came across a 23 man patrol. The orcs were on my heels, so I stopped running right in front of the patrol. Now it was 35 of us VS the 15 orcs. Easy win, and I collect 3600 crowns. :cool:
Wait a cotton picking minute. You mean to tell me that you have all these high level warriors with high end weaponary and you are kiting? Hell, I am going to start doing that, gain the levels, keep the cheap weaponary and spend the money on ale and wenches...

Wait a cotton picking minute. You mean to tell me that you have all these high level warriors with high end weaponary and you are kiting?

Damn right. The battle was won with only three casualties. RIP to the brave noble patrol who sacrificed the lives of two of their soldiers and one of their dogs so my men could collect their crowns. :cheerso:

Don't get me wrong. I have only used this tactic a few times in probably, by now, hundreds of battles. Usually, if I can't win a fight after two or three attempts, I'll just reload and find a different contract. But, the game allows it, and I am definitely not above using it if it is convenient.

Oh yeah MG, thanks for putting mTk in a full face helmet. Battle wasn't so scary to watch with him outfitted like that... ;)

Oh yeah MG, thanks for putting mTk in a full face helmet. Battle wasn't so scary to watch with him outfitted like that... ;)

It must have been, since he decided to run off halfway through it. We lost a dog trying to keep him alive. Did you see Bucky the Katt's trick new helmet? Also Meat Grinder has a nakey woman ornament on top of his now. Very distracting for opponents.

We’re excited to announce that we’re working on another DLC for Battle Brothers called ‘Blazing Deserts’.

The focus of the DLC will be on expanding and enriching the existing world with a new land of burning deserts and lush jungles to the south. Across these lands you’ll find a unique culture loosely based on historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages built atop the ruins of the Ancient Empire in the world of Battle Brothers. You’ll find new lore and a different political system, equipment not seen anywhere else, and fresh contracts to earn your stay with. There’ll be a new late game crisis, new legendary locations and several new beasts roaming the wilds. This DLC will be our biggest one yet for Battle Brothers.

1582288744907.png

Here’s the rough list of features we’re aiming for:

• A realm of independent southern city-states with their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit
  • A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil
  • A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign
  • A variety of new opponents with their own fighting styles – from exotic beasts to desert raiders and southern armies quite unlike those in the north
  • New environments both on the world map and in tactical combat
  • Several new origins to pick for your company for a different campaign experience
  • New banners, weapons, armors and helmets inspired by historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages
  • New legendary locations and legendary rewards
  • New contracts and events
  • New crafting recipes for owners of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC
  • Several new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies to accompany you on your travels south
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we’ll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you’ll always know what we’re working on and why. We expect to be finished sometime in Q2 of this year and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.

Nice!

I'll probably start a new campaign when Blazing Deserts is released. I'm still playing my original campaign from the base game, and I don't think I'm seeing all the new features and epic encounters that are included with the DLCs.

Nice!

I'll probably start a new campaign when Blazing Deserts is released. I'm still playing my original campaign from the base game, and I don't think I'm seeing all the new features and epic encounters that are included with the DLCs.
No you are not seeing all, with each DLC you have to start a new game in order to experience the whole thing.

Back