Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

7 days game time in (or I think of it at least weeks), and the ragged band of plough-pushers and dirt tillers are starting to shape up (only 9 survivors of the original bunch, but that's not too bad considering) ... and Tomaso the Tailor is starting to look the part of the proper mercenary with 4 battles and 7 kills under his belt :)
Haven't had to do any dodgy saving yet ... combat lever is set at Veteran.

BattleBrothers 2020-03-28 17-57-43-035.jpg

Day 11 game time ... we've had our first mountain battle against bandit thugs and raided an ill-defended bandit camp which scored us a bit of kit.

Then we got jumped by some Barbarians and their wardogs in the hills ... the gods of the random battle maps was kind to us... we got a pretty good defensible position.

BattleBrothers 2020-03-29 13-40-01-224.jpg

Although, our best pitchfork guy, Bjarne the Boorish made the ultimate sacrifice... his rough and rude manners and bawdy jokes around the campfire will never be forgotten.

BattleBrothers 2020-03-29 13-43-11-192.jpg

...and Ingolf the Irrate got some cool, new headgear to wear into battle.

BattleBrothers 2020-03-29 13-56-37-297.jpg

Nothing accessorizes a spear and shield like bear skull head kit...just saying...

He needs to be careful, he can't turn his back on a bear or he may have a "Revenant" moment...

The campaign has been ticking over and it's been the hard knocks school of Battle Brothers mercenary life for the Quarantine Brothers

121 Campaign days in and the motley band is reasonably well equipped with the gleam of chain mail and proper helmets now predominating.

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-17-09-607.jpg

Alas, it's been brutal and tough going... 22 brothers have paid the ultimate price so far.

"Split in two by The Scourge of Reusdorf" is one of my favourite lines to come out of this game so far. (he was a mean SOB bandit leader we had to take down)

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 10-02-09-514.jpg

Only FIVE of the original band of 12 peasants are still standing...

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-11-03-972.jpg

Alwin the Ox ... our stalwart standard bearer.

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-11-06-195.jpg

Eberold the Eager... our veteran pikeman and main war dog handler

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-11-11-045.jpg

Adelmar the Angry ... the only survivor of the original front row battle line

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-11-15-812.jpg

Roberto The Red ... our main archer (saving up to get him a proper war bow as soon as we can)

BattleBrothers 2020-04-10 11-11-27-196.jpg

Mattis the Militiaman ... who started out as a front row "arrow catcher", but now is #2 archer.

Next, we are journeying back down south to trade in those furs for some coinage to add to the "war bow fund" ... the Undead Scourge is upon the land and the place is swarming with ancient legionaries and wiedergangers... dangerous times indeed! We should've stayed home!

I have put 271 hours into this game now and I have never had a war bow yet. Haven't seen Lindworm either. :D

Looks like you are mainly taking on humans opponents based on your obituary. Is that the map or just the way you are tackling the game?

I have put 271 hours into this game now and I have never had a war bow yet. Haven't seen Lindworm either. :D

Looks like you are mainly taking on humans opponents based on your obituary. Is that the map or just the way you are tackling the game?

Partly the map and partly tactics -- my guys still a little light in the sandals, so been avoiding any large creature fights -- mostly undead at the moment ... been tangling with goblins and the odd orc group -- quite a few barbarian fights.
Most Undead groups too heavy with ancient legionaries and honour guards ... so been doing a lot of running... er, tactical regroupings...

Back