Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cool History Stuff

Doesn't look too much like a converted bomber :rolleyes: so I researched it a bit....

"The Baade 152 represents the final development in the Junkers aircraft family which ended with the "development planes" (Entwicklungsflugzeug – EF).
Its development drew upon the OKB-1 150, an aborted bomber that was developed in the Soviet Union with assistance from captured German scientists.
The Baade 152's basic configuration shares many similarities, including shape, size, wing-area, landing gear configuration, empty weight, range, altitude, speed, power per engine, and double-engine cowling arrangement with the American-built Boeing B-47 Stratojet, a bomber/aerial reconnaissance aircraft which entered service with the United States Air Force during 1951.
Work on the Baade 152 formally commenced during 1955."
- Wikipedia

Ancient sense of humor: Greek lead sling bullet, inscribed with DEXAI, (meaning in greek"Catch!“) 1600 years old

320520370_911530730021922_2129588173909789877_n.jpg

Gotta love those weird and wonderful 1950's and early 60's jet aircraft designs.

The SNCASE Grognard (Grumbler in French, from the nickname for a soldier of Napoleon's Old Guard) was a single-seat, low-level ground-attack aircraft prototype from 1950. The type was defeated in a competition by the (much better looking) Sud-Ouest Vautour II.

Fgy6ANCXoAEeSZ9

Case in the shape of a trout with six knives
Locality: Italy
Date: c. 1570
Material : Leather, bone, iron, partly gilded
Dimensions: L. 34.9 cm
This trout turns out to be a deceptively lifelike leather case containing six magnificently decorated knives with delicate handles made of bone. Cutlery cases in the shape of trouts from the Renaissance are extremely rare. Only a few examples have survived, including a closely related piece in the Green Vault in Dresden. As part of the Electoral Saxon Kunstkammer, it attests to the high esteem in which objects were held, which aroused amazement and admiration with their impressive imitation of nature. This trout case, which was undoubtedly in the possession of a distinguished personality, probably also belonged to the collection of a princely Kunst- und Wunderkammer (cabinet of arts and marvels).

D175170_4x3_201740e834.jpg

324927118_1206810783546832_7702277747491525569_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cone shape in the back of the plane caught my eye.
At first, with the reflection of the light, I thought it was chrome which would be something I've never seen before.
Yes, well, obviously it wasn't chrome. :rolleyes:

I looked up the G1 and found:

"The Fokker G.I utilized a twin-engine, twin-boom layout that featured a central nacelle housing two or three crew members (a pilot, radio operator/navigator/rear gunner or a bombardier) as well as a formidable armament of twin 23 mm (.91 in) Madsen cannon and a pair of 7.9 mm (.31 in) machine guns (later eight machine guns) in the nose and one in a rear turret."

I still don't get the rear turret or rear gunner part or where they would be.

2J0dtK0.png

Back