Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Overall hospitalizations, however, are trending below projections from a state model, which estimated that California would need an extra 50,000 hospital beds during the peak of the virus in May.
There were 2,897 hospitalized coronavirus patients on Friday, (Governor) Newsom said, though he did not specify how many the state was expecting at this point. The governor’s office could not immediately provide a figure."

-----
Whoever is making these wild ass prediction and causing unnecessary fear and panic among the general population should be held responsible. If someone can be fired nowadays for just being accused of sexual harassment what should be done about these people!?

Last edited:
"...Overall hospitalizations, however, are trending below projections from a state model, which estimated that California would need an extra 50,000 hospital beds during the peak of the virus in May.
There were 2,897 hospitalized coronavirus patients on Friday, (Governor) Newsom said, though he did not specify how many the state was expecting at this point. The governor’s office could not immediately provide a figure."

-----
Whoever is making these wild ass prediction and causing unnecessary fear and panic among the general population should be held responsible. If someone can be fired nowadays for just being accused of sexual harassment what should be done about these people!?
I would love to see something happen to the News media (both sides). Fear mongering is just domestic terrorism and people should be held accountable for this.

Researchers from the University of Massachusetts did a survey of 25 epidemiologists a few weeks ago they stated 240,000 deaths.
The IHME also provided input...all of which were quite wrong.

Again, drawing conclusions either way without adequate testing is meaningless. For instance, with the limited testing available in my country (you pretty much need to be a celebrity or NBA star, or EXTREMELY ill to get a test) the fact that the numbers are this high is concerning to say the least.

Again, drawing conclusions either way without adequate testing is meaningless. For instance, with the limited testing available in my country (you pretty much need to be a celebrity or NBA star, or EXTREMELY ill to get a test) the fact that the numbers are this high is concerning to say the least.

I don't think you have to be a celebrity, NBA star etc to get the test. Maybe in the early days? They have drive throughs set up where people don't get out of the car to get tested. A friend of mine, (blue collar Joe) who lives in the Chicago area, was feeling sick about a week ago. He drove himself over to one of these drive through facilities and got tested. He had to wait in line and posted a photo on social media. It showed multiple rows of cars waiting at the testing facility. So plenty of non celebrities getting tested.

I'm not trying to draw any conclusions but I think it is fair to say it is not the doom, gloom and chaos to the extent it is portrayed in the media.

Wow. I am in no way crying doom and gloom. The areas that have had the publicized outbreaks have ramped up tests and gotten the test kits, and they have the most positives. Take your last sentence for instance, MOS. You can’t possibly know that yet. Hopefully you are right. The world has taken drastic steps to fight this pandemic (for the most part) and that has never happened before. So maybe it will work. But please take that into account before you be that guy claiming it was all ’fake’ because the numbers aren’t as bad as feared.
Lastly, I don’t know what ‘evil’ media you guys are watching. Information is basically free everywhere. I watch all four major networks and I‘m just not getting the paranoia. My advice would be stick to the actual news guys and cut off all the personalities (who only care about politics).

Last edited:
"I don't think you have to be a celebrity, NBA star etc to get the test. Maybe in the early days? They have drive throughs set up where people don't get out of the car to get tested. A friend of mine, (blue collar Joe) who lives in the Chicago area, was feeling sick about a week ago. He drove himself over to one of these drive through facilities and got tested. He had to wait in line and posted a photo on social media. It showed multiple rows of cars waiting at the testing facility. So plenty of non celebrities getting tested."
-----

Yeah, we have those drive-thru tests out here in CA as well.
They're called scam artists! Seriously. They were charging $250 pp until someone would start asking questions. Then they would fold up their tents, through 'em in the back of their pick ups and flee the scene.
Just sayin' be careful if it looks too good to be true...

"I don't think you have to be a celebrity, NBA star etc to get the test. Maybe in the early days? They have drive throughs set up where people don't get out of the car to get tested. A friend of mine, (blue collar Joe) who lives in the Chicago area, was feeling sick about a week ago. He drove himself over to one of these drive through facilities and got tested. He had to wait in line and posted a photo on social media. It showed multiple rows of cars waiting at the testing facility. So plenty of non celebrities getting tested."
-----

Yeah, we have those drive-thru tests out here in CA as well.
They're called scam artists! Seriously. They were charging $250 pp until someone would start asking questions. Then they would fold up their tents, through 'em in the back of their pick ups and flee the scene.
Just sayin' be careful if it looks too good to be true...

It is terrible that people will run scams like that. I am confident my friend did not go to a scam artist for a test. I base my confidence on the fact that there are many legitimate testing facilities set up. See the list below which I think is about a week old. My understanding is more of these facilities were to be set up. The below I cut and pasted from an article from the Institution of public health.

If you have been determined by your healthcare provider to meet the criteria for testing, you will be advised that you need to have an in-person visit with a doctor at a testing center or a drive through.
Remember to call your healthcare provider first, if they deem that you are at risk, they will direct you to one of the following medical centers and testing sites:
  • Roseland Community Hospital
    45 West 111th Street
    Chicago, IL
  • NorthShore University Health System's Evanston Hospital
    2650 Ridge Ave
    Evanston, IL 60201
  • Illinois National Guard testing facility
    6959 Forest Preserve Drive
    Chicago, IL 60634
  • Edward-Elmhurst Health Corporate Center
    4201 Winfield Rd
    Warrenville, IL 60555
  • Walmart Northlake
    137 W North Ave
    Northlake, IL 60164
  • Walmart Joliet
    2424 W Jefferson St
    Joliet, IL 60435
  • Midwest Express Clinic Chicago - Mt. Greenwood
    3258 W 111th Street
    Chicago, IL 60655
  • Midwest Express Clinic Chicago - Roscoe Village
    3301 N. Ashland Ave
    Chicago, IL 60657
  • Midwest Express Clinic Bourbonnais
    2070 N, IL-50 #500
    Bourbonnais, IL 60914
  • Midwest Express Clinic Willowbrook
    40 75th Street
    Willowbrook, IL 60527
  • Midwest Express Clinic Crown Point
    5521 Lincoln Hwy #1a
    Crown Point, IN 46307
  • Midwest Express Clinic Munster
    8135 Calumet Ave
    Munster, IN 46321
  • Midwest Express Clinic Schererville
    1500 US-41
    Schererville, IN 46375
My original post was to demonstrate a different experience than in my country (you pretty much need to be a celebrity or NBA star, or EXTREMELY ill to get a test)
I live in the same country and have a different experience and posted said experience. I hope after reviewing the above you have a better understanding of why my experience may be different than yours. Do you have any legitimate testing facilities for the average potentially sick citizen in California? Or is it still testing for only celebrities, NBA stars or EXTREMELY ill people?

Reactions: mTk
Wow. I am in no way crying doom and gloom. The areas that have had the publicized outbreaks have ramped up tests and gotten the test kits, and they have the most positives. Take your last sentence for instance, MOS. You can’t possibly know that yet. Hopefully you are right. The world has taken drastic steps to fight this pandemic (for the most part) and that has never happened before. So maybe it will work. But please take that into account before you be that guy claiming it was all ’fake’ because the numbers aren’t as bad as feared.
Lastly, I don’t know what ‘evil’ media you guys are watching. Information is basically free everywhere. I watch all four major networks and I‘m just not getting the paranoia. My advice would be stick to the actual news guys and cut off all the personalities (who only care about politics).

I'm not claiming its all fake. I'm claiming, in my experience, the following is not accurate: in my country (you pretty much need to be a celebrity or NBA star, or EXTREMELY ill to get a test) You can read my above reply to mTK to have a better understanding of my experience. You may indeed have a different experience. That's okay. If somebody from a different country than ours, like @Bootie read your post I wanted to make sure it was understood that your experience was not necessarily commonplace.

I had a telephone chat with my VA Doc last Thursday where he asked the standard questions he always asks when I actually go there for my yearly. He renewed my meds, then gave me the standard number to provide the lab for my blood test. He said to show up at the clinic in the next month, the nurses at the door will take my temperature, provide me a mask and go to the lab. Gotta say, not really excited to go there, but I’ll do it.....

One month ago, March 12. And today, April 12.:cry:
ZhLNhtr.png

JvsFGNK.png

I had a telephone chat with my VA Doc last Thursday where he asked the standard questions he always asks when I actually go there for my yearly. He renewed my meds, then gave me the standard number to provide the lab for my blood test. He said to show up at the clinic in the next month, the nurses at the door will take my temperature, provide me a mask and go to the lab. Gotta say, not really excited to go there, but I’ll do it.....

I would definitely do it. They might give you a coronavirus test. Ohio seems to have been on the cutting edge of doing things right early on during the pandemic. You guys might be the first economy opened up.

I'm not trying to draw any conclusions but I think it is fair to say it is not the doom, gloom and chaos to the extent it is portrayed in the media.
That goes for any topic in this country - health, politics, anything. I get the paper for the sports, the obits and the crossword puzzle...I don't watch any news, unless it's the BBC. US news organizations are biased to the point of being a joke. Someone they don't like says "black", they say "white".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back