Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO are designed to be an international coordination group of information and international programs, nothing more.

It's unfortunate the WHO made many people distrust it since it was complicit with China in downplaying the severity and origin of the outbreak. If the WHO did its job as designed maybe more nations would be able to trust and follow their "suggestions".

On Jan. 10, the WHO advised that it did “not recommend any specific health measures for travelers to and from Wuhan,” adding that “entry screening offered little benefit.” It also advised “against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China.”

In mid-January, WHO tweeted that investigations by Chinese authorities had found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the virus.

WHO Director-General Tedros extolled Chinese President Xi Jinping’s “very rare leadership” and China’s “transparency.” The bias has been so pronounced that Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso recently noted that, for many, the WHO is looking more like the “CHO” — the Chinese Health Organization.

Reactions: mTk
It's unfortunate the WHO made many people distrust it since it was complicit with China in downplaying the severity and origin of the outbreak. If the WHO did its job as designed maybe more nations would be able to trust and follow their "suggestions".

On Jan. 10, the WHO advised that it did “not recommend any specific health measures for travelers to and from Wuhan,” adding that “entry screening offered little benefit.” It also advised “against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China.”

In mid-January, WHO tweeted that investigations by Chinese authorities had found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the virus.

WHO Director-General Tedros extolled Chinese President Xi Jinping’s “very rare leadership” and China’s “transparency.” The bias has been so pronounced that Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso recently noted that, for many, the WHO is looking more like the “CHO” — the Chinese Health Organization.

They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

WHO and China's failure to stop this virus in its tracks, to do the right thing and try to contain it, is a crime, plain and simple. You have to ask yourself why this virus wasn't handled with the same urgency as ebola? Probably because the mortality rate for COVID is not ~50% like it is for ebola. If we can in fact ascertain an actual mortality rate for COVID, which is open to debate.

And now the latest news I see that there is a swine flu strain in China that has "pandemic potential". This "pattern" contributes a lot to my conclusion that "I smell a rat" in all this.

I just made an appointment for a haircut. First one in about 5 months or so.
The "hairchop" my wife gave me a month ago doesn't count.
-----
G3ChO6l.jpg

I just made an appointment for a haircut. First one in about 5 months or so.
The "hairchop" my wife gave me a month ago doesn't count.
-----
G3ChO6l.jpg
Been there, done that about 10 days ago. Man, really improved my attitude. Hard to believe I was a "long hair" back in the day...

I looked o. WebMD website to see what they had to say about COVID19 recovery. Basically what they said was 80 % of the cases have mild or no symptoms. They say that experts estimate the full recovery rate at 97 to 99.75%. I need to confirm whether or not that is the recovery rate for the 80% of the folks with mild or no symptoms. So that I am speculating that means that 80 out of 100 people that have get covid exhibit little or no symptoms that about 78-80 people will fully recover, Then that means the other 20 people are in for a fight. But of those 20, how many fully recover, partially recover or die?

They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.
Exactly that's the root of the problem. China has deftly converted $ into influence on the leadership of the WHO. I think they have out manoeuvred everyone else. Those kinds of politics are a major short coming of all UN organizations. We should be trying for better since we don't really have any other place to connect all the counties of the world.

WHO Director-General Tedros extolled Chinese President Xi Jinping’s “very rare leadership” and China’s “transparency.”
Yeah doing slightly better than when SARS hit is not a high enough standard. Trying to get proper transparency from the Chinese government is not very likely in the near term, given their citizens have no recourse with their own government.

Trying to get proper transparency from the Chinese government is not very likely in the near term, given their citizens have no recourse with their own government.
That, my friend, is the understatement of the last 50 years. However, no offense meant here, but the Chinese government will not be transparent in ANY term. Kind of like the Russian government.

Yeah doing slightly better than when SARS hit is not a high enough standard. Trying to get proper transparency from the Chinese government is not very likely in the near term, given their citizens have no recourse with their own government.

Not sure what China or the WHO did better this time around. This current situation is much worse than I remember SARS.

I don't think most people are shocked at the way the communist government of China handled the pandemic. Remembering some of the communist government's current activities why would the world realistically expect transparency about a virus;

Breaking the commitment to Hong Kong's autonomy
Aggression in the waters off the Japanese-controlled Senkaku Islands
Border fight with India
Refusal to grant debt relief from its Belt & Road predatory lending practices
Upstream damming of the Mekong River causing recurrent droughts in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam
Internment of its Uighur Muslims
Island and maritime border disputes with Taiwan, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam in the South China Sea and Yellow Sea.
Encroached Nepali land in northern districts of Humla, Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk and Sankhuwasabha.
Probably more I can't think of..............

IMO what is a little shocking is how the WHO was complicit with this same communist government when it came to the reporting of the pandemic. The WHO needs to report credibly and reliably on health concerns to be effective.

Here in Melbourne, 10 postcodes (approx 30 suburbs) have just been put back into 4 week lockdown after a resurgence of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back