Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have 15 active cases at the hospital I work. The regional corporation my hospital belongs to has (I think) about 900 cases now.

The local counties around me have implemented mandatory wearing of masks in public, when indoors.

@HOA_KSOP & @Wellsonian I believe the main use for the wearing of cloth and paper "surgical" masks, as opposed to N95 masks, is to keep the mask wearer from spreading the disease via droplets, not really to prevent the mask wearer from contracting the disease, though they may be somewhat useful for that as well.

I have a N95 mask I use when the forest fires get too bad......those things are brutal. I'd almost.....almost....rather get the virus. How do you work in those things?!

I have a N95 mask I use when the forest fires get too bad......those things are brutal. I'd almost.....almost....rather get the virus. How do you work in those things?!

The only time I have to wear an N95 mask at work is when I'm going to be in close contact with a patient with a known COVID infection, or a patient who is being tested for COVID. The rest of the time we just wear a paper surgical mask and eye protection. Yea, N95 masks are hard to breath through. I definitely would not want to wear one my entire shift.

What? No problems with the "smell a fart through mask" and "you are more likely to get COVID from family member" entries?

Plus, I saw it on the 'net, so it must be true.

And regardless of what governor (or mayor) indicated that violent demonstration is a right, it's not. Peaceful demonstration yes, violent demonstration endangering people and damaging and destroying property, uh, nope.

The operative words are "I saw it on the 'net"....your mileage may vary.

Just remember, just one person in your demonstration throws a rock at a cop or through a window and that person just turned peace into violence.

And regardless of what governor (or mayor) indicated that violent demonstration is a right, it's not. Peaceful demonstration yes., violent demonstration endangering people and property, uh, nope

This is obvious. 95% of Americans would agree, although there are definitely some Left Wing anarchists, and Right Wing Anti-Government folks out there that do not agree. But a Governor? Nope.

I'm in an awesome mood today by the way. I took a video of myself....

This is obvious. 95% of Americans would agree, although there are definitely some Left Wing anarchists, and Right Wing Anti-Government folks out there that do not agree.

So why are we letting 5% of the people dictate to 95% of us?

But a Governor? Nope.

Must be fake news. But it's on the 'net, so it must be true "fake" news?

Politically, we just love taking people out of context and hammering kindergarten level talking points as a way to score votes for our side. Worse, we pick our ‘leaders‘ based on who doesn’t make us feel dumb, when we should be going for smart. In my opinion, that is why this country doesn’t handle complex potentially nation-killing issues well at all (like pandemics, race relations, historic income gap, etc). Those problems require actual leaders.

Politically, we just love taking people out of context and hammering kindergarten level talking points as a way to score votes for our side. Worse, we pick our ‘leaders‘ based on who doesn’t make us feel dumb, when we should be going for smart. In my opinion, that is why this country doesn’t handle complex potentially nation-killing issues well at all (like pandemics, race relations, historic income gap, etc). Those problems require actual leaders.
Then we are in trouble because the current crop of Presidential wannabes has nary a leader amongst them...

I think Kanye West had a barn burner of a rally in S.C. this weekend. Some very thoughtful ideas. Why don't you and MG vote for him and get on the Cabinet? :)
Yes, I could go West young man....but Nah, don't think so.

On a topic totally unrelated to our "true" fake news coronavirus back and forth, are you familiar with the book "With Custer on the Little Bighorn" by William O. Taylor ? If so, your thoughts...?

Yes, I could go West young man....but Nah, don't think so.

On a topic totally unrelated to our "true" fake news coronavirus back and forth, are you familiar with the book "With Custer on the Little Bighorn" by William O. Taylor ? If so, your thoughts...?

I think that is the one written by a survivor? I haven't actually read that one, which is rare. Might have to knock that out and let you know what I think!

I think that is the one written by a survivor? I haven't actually read that one, which is rare. Might have to knock that out and let you know what I think!
The reason I ask is I picked up just the other day. I figured you had read it. I just finished "Mig" and "Skyraider: The Douglas A-1 Flying Dump Truck" so I might give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back