Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the psychology aspect.....even though COVID is making a resurgence, and I work in a hospital that has has several active COVID cases, and new ones coming into the ER (and ER patients are easily half the patients I interact with) all the time, I find myself hardly even giving it a second thought these days. Sure, I wear my surgical mask at work, and now we also are required to wear a plastic face shield, but I really no longer worry about it. I worry more about whether or not my lawn is mowed, and the latest episode of Forged in Fire, than COVID, I kid you not.
I worry whether or not you've posted a video clip on TFGM and whether my wife is going to stab me in my sleep...

I worry more about whether or not my lawn is mowed, and the latest episode of Forged in Fire, than COVID, I kid you not.
Alarm fatigue.

I took some shit from a guy not wearing a mask at the gas station last week
Wow what a jackass. Nothing screens insecurity than giving someone a hard time for something so small. Whenever someone tries to get me to do or not do something by calling me names like that I always know I'm doing the right thing and ignore those idiots.

That's because you weren't wearing the right mask
Excellent!

I can't deny being interested in the reports of symptoms as early as late last year (September/November? that must have been scary @HOA_KSOP!),
the report from the ABC about the car with COVID19 number plate @Ithikial posted (got my foil hat on), and tests of waste water in Europe showing early evidence.

The simple explanation (and probable) is that it was spreading earlier than it was detected.
But my foil-hat also reminds me about the possibility of a deliberate release. A state attack? Illuminati eugenics to cull their herd? :alien::sneaky:
I also remember an article I read that spoke about global warming of ice packs possibly releasing ancient frozen viruses and bacteria.

Hmmmm. ;)

That's because you weren't wearing the right mask, pusscake.

View attachment 19965
Is it only me who immediately thought of Michael?

9acbe60749a9cb37a62dd0ba94e0223885-22-Michael-Keaton.rsquare.w1200.jpg

Rock this as well @Meat Grinder ? (Hope y'all can deal with the metrics?) ;D
107285536_10158334823107296_7130722669205270418_o.jpg

But to hear the media tell it the protests are not responsible for the spikes. Just election rally's and going to the beach.

This is blatant and politically charged stupidity, we're having the same issue here in Australia with the new outbreak in Victoria. The MSM doesn't dare lay any part of the responsibility on the BLM protests here a few weeks back because it's politically motivated and they support it, ignoring the fact that large gatherings of any kind are likely to spread the infection.

It encapsulates neatly why the MSM in general isn't worth even a minute of your attention.

Another way to put it: Don't watch the news, you're uninformed. Watch the news, you're misinformed.

I am in total agreement with you on the MSM. Total worthless hacks.

As far as the theory of a deliberate state attack. I told my father on day one that it was a perfect way to bring down the west, especially the US. And as you recall I mentioned an article that stated increased activity around Wuhan hospitals a year to year and a half prior to the reports coming out of China were observed from analyzing satellite imagery. I am fairly sure that my son, wife, and I had something with multiple symptoms on the COVID symptom list before COVID was a thing. I remember hearing a radio news blurb stating how the flu vaccine really missed the mark this year. Hmmmm. I also put credence on the reports that the central government stopped domestic flights to and from Wuhan while allowing international flights to continue. That means a government could have analyzed the virus for about a year prior to word about it being spread, to observe how it's transmitted and when they felt they could somewhat protect their population, accidentally let it escape the containment to be exported elsewhere, knowing full well what the results could be. Yeah, it Smells fishy to me.

Let's face it, there are countries where travel and personal mobility are regulated and controlled, and some countries where it is not. The US is probably the most openly mobile society on the planet and the virus is spreading like crazy. The virus might not be manufactured, but I have deep suspicions it was let "out" of where it originated on purpose. I can't prove it, but it's just a gut feel. You have a country that you want to overtake and the leader of that country recognizes you are a threat and stands up against you. He enjoys a robust economy without trade with your participation, is angling for tougher trade restrictions, which has not happened in decades and the strength of that economy will probably get him re-elected and you have four more years of adversarial negotiations. And along comes a pesky little virus. You can contain it, because your society's mobility can be controlled by the threat of death for non-compliance. You see how deadly and disruptive the virus is and oops, it got out of containment and out to other countries. What a pity it is affecting the US so hard. So sorry. Much cheaper than a nuclear exchange...

This is blatant and politically charged stupidity, we're having the same issue here in Australia with the new outbreak in Victoria. The MSM doesn't dare lay any part of the responsibility on the BLM protests here a few weeks back because it's politically motivated and they support it, ignoring the fact that large gatherings of any kind are likely to spread the infection.
Agreed the BLM protests were risky and ideally shouldn't of gone ahead, but in Australia the spike didn't occur within the two week incubation window following the protest weekend. This would suggest BLM wasn't the cause for the latest spike at least here locally. Not to mention an outbreak due to BLM gatherings it would of occurred across more than one state. Sadly the hotel quarantine bonk party was probably the spark for all of Melbourne and it's heading north to NSW. Meanwhile it's funny how the criticsm of WA locking ourselves off from the rest of the country has suddenly vanished. :p

America... yeah that's just a basket case with holes in it. Utter public policy failure.

I'm not sure of the numbers but wasn't NSW in a pretty good spot regarding COVID around the time that the BLM protests happened? They were by no means completely clear but if they had less infections at the time then it would mean less potential for a spread during protests or other gatherings.
Yes I'm glad our state govt. has told the eastern states to piss off regarding reopening the border, I think our man McGowan has locked himself in for the next three+ terms at least with his handling of the issue.

Regarding what @HOA_KSOP was saying, I'm not sure about the allegations of China using this virus deliberately against other countries, do they have the capability to engineer such a virus? Probably yes.
Would they have a moral issue with releasing it on the rest of the world if they thought they could benefit from it? Absolutely not.
Hopefully the truth will come out in the long run.

The ironic thing is that this may well backfire on China and benefit countries most affected by COVID in the long run, but perhaps not in the way you might think.

Now, this is going to sound super cold-blooded of me to suggest, but I'm looking at the issue dispassionately.

While we in the west enjoy amazing healthcare compared to many parts of the world, the side-affect of this is that people are living far longer than they would otherwise be expected to both in respect to age and serious health concerns.
These are also the people that COVID is knocking off in record numbers, nature culling the weak and infirm, as it were - and as in nature the herd as a whole becomes stronger when the weak are removed from it.
So, in the long run the countries severely affected by this may well bounce back much stronger due to less of a need to support folks who are infirm or compromised.

Again, this sounds cold to say, and of course those people who die from COVID have families who will be hurting from this - I'm not a sociopath, I realise all this, this is just trying to look at the issue on a practical and/or economic level.

I believe that's called Darwinism...

Here is what I find interesting. The US is already in the midst of a pandemic, it's called cancer. I read a statistic that a male has a 1 in 2 chance of developing some form of cancer in his lifetime and a woman has a 1 in 3 chance and the death from cancer of those (both sexes) who come down with it is 1 in 5 chance, according to the American Cancer Society https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cance...ility-of-developing-or-dying-from-cancer.html. Compare that to COVID infection rate, which is currently hovering around 1 in 5 having medium to severe symptoms and the death rate is less than 5 per 100. Both diseases are awful and potentially fatal. But cancer is not an infectious, transmittable disease. I expect that's the difference right there.

Also, this just in, there is a newspaper article in today's paper that states they now believe masks offer more protection from the disease than previously thought. Apparently researchers built screens out of surgical masks between lab mice cages and noted that mice living inside the mask wall cages had a much lower infection rate and if they got the virus, suffered less effect because the amount they were exposed to was substantially less than those mice with no protection. Apparently getting fewer or more levels of virus ingested determines the severity of the disease on your system. Makes sense to me, but hey, I am no expert.

Whether China released the virus (on purpose or by mistake...or at all) may never be known.
The Chinese government has certainly been more aggressive lately, often using cold war methods, like the recent cyber attack on Australia.

Their diplomatic aggression is going to actually work against them though I think, in the long run.
With trade wars going on, combined with the pandemic, countries have been forced to become more self reliant.
I also think that countries around the world are starting to view them less than favorably.
And doing business with them is now high risk.

It's a shame really. They were making advances in many ways for a quite a while.
Then you have Xi changing their laws to allow him to stay in power for his lifetime.
Now Putin too. The Grand Overlord syndrome.
Never a good sign, in my opinion.

Last edited:
In a country of 24 million people, explain this...note the update timestamp....

DLmD51C.jpg

What are they doing that we aren't?

Look at the recovery rate at 97.5%. Doing the math, that means 4 people are still sick or not fully recovered and the mortality rate with the way Taiwan is dealing with the virus is a whopping 1.5%.

I have been told via word of mouth and keep in mind this is hearsay, that what they are doing in Taiwan is using asthma medicine and giving a person with symptoms an inhaler which they use for 5 minutes. That seems to mitigate the disease. I have not tracked that "treatmnent" down yet, but it's food for thought. If an effective treatment is as simple as an inhaler, who would gain from not using them? Follow the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back