Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our school closings where just extended another month.

Looks like the Feds decided that giving $1200 of our own money would help us somehow. I still shudder at how we are going to pay for this in the future but who am I to question good old fashioned knee jerk politics. The reality is most of it will all go to the banks via mortgage payments. My shop is considered "essential" which allows us to keep on working. So I will throw that money into some more stocks that are on sale at the moment.

We are under a lockdown. But dude, I see a lot of people outside now. When I go to an essential place I see...

Elderly folks by the score. High risk, not so high reward I guess...

Mommies with little kids. WTF, we don't know jack about this virus but hey, lets put our kids at risk?

Pregnant woman. I guess there has to be a pregnant person die from it, you bucking to be the first one?

Lots of people who didn't get the social distancing concept. I notice that women tend to not know what 6 foot is, but you can't blame them, men have been telling them "It's a good eight inches" for years.

Keep it light, keep safe and keep your bums clean, now that you've got ten years' worth of TP in your houses!

Our school closings where just extended another month.

Looks like the Feds decided that giving $1200 of our own money would help us somehow. I still shudder at how we are going to pay for this in the future but who am I to question good old fashioned knee jerk politics. The reality is most of it will all go to the banks via mortgage payments. My shop is considered "essential" which allows us to keep on working. So I will throw that money into some more stocks that are on sale at the moment.

You know, if our government was smart, they would have put an extra trillion in the stimulus, then bought all the stocks on the market that are Chinese companies, even Hauwei. Then, when the market rebounds sell and take that money to the bank. Just saying...a little turnabout is fair play...

As we have been doing every Thursday, we resort to charts.

March 12
ZhLNhtr.png

March 19
HbHvkJ3.png

March 26
yorW7hK.png

For now here there are 87 new cases, making a total of 589. And four more deceased, total 12.
It is said that the isolation will last until April 12.

We're still on mandatory "stay at home" quarantine here in Colorado. From my area in Colorado Springs, most people are being compliant. We can still go out for food (and liquor and marijuana LOL), walking or hiking and other "necessary" activities. Business and the people who keep them open are taking a big hit though.
unemploy.JPG

Just wondering what the fallout of several million people losing thier jobs world wide and the knock on effect on people who cant pay thier mortgages or put food on the table.

I get we have to keep people safe but I'm also worried about the long term effect.

Just wondering what the fallout of several million people losing thier jobs world wide and the knock on effect on people who cant pay thier mortgages or put food on the table.

I get we have to keep people safe but I'm also worried about the long term effect.

It's going to be a struggle for sure. Humanity has been coasting along for a while now, just acting like nothing could possibly go wrong. Well, something has now gone wrong. And really, in the big scheme of things, this is a relatively minor burp, compared to, say, a large asteroid impact.

Every now and again, in the history of this planet, nature tends to reset itself.

Have not read all this thread here … but today I heard a x-adviser to the government on Sky(?) Lord something... we got so many... saying President Trump may be right... in that we all may have to return back to work before this virus is defeated... otherwise it could be back to the dark ages... we just have to see how the next couple of months pan out.

... we just have to see how the next couple of months pan out.

That is the key part of your post. And why nobody is “right” at this point. There is a whole lot of unsubstantiated garbage being thrown out there by my government right now, specifically the Executive Branch. The science will inform us, and God willing, the NFL won’t be postponed. That would finish us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back