Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Day 1 Dawn Battles Ready to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is how is this handled? Is DG calling a ceasefire or is he surrendering? The difference could have huge implications. If is is a ceasefire then basically we stay at the positions we are occupying now. If he is surrendering then the whole "map" will be ours. If you have chances to grab some more land from DG then a ceasefire is not an option I am afraid.

I don't want to start any more hares running over "keeping stuff secret" ... I hope I don't. But ... this is in the public part of the board: should we discuss this in our HQ to consider our options?

Though I agree with @Strachwitz ... the distinction between mutual ceasefire and surrender is - potentially - huge ...
Depends where your battle is up to I guess ...

Those rules aren't changing and there is a difference between Ceasefire and Surrender. No rush just because another game is finishing up. I've still got enough work soon enough to get the next turn ready. :)

You are right. I missed this is not in our HQ area :). Good I haven`t written to much.
But generally the question is what do to with the battles at the end. I was under the impression we will play until the last minute and Ithikal then gets the files to "end" the game, have a look at the end screen, posting the results to the appropriate HQ areas without the results for the opponent (to keep FOW) and progress is measured in final positions on the battlefield and not by victory locations).

Wait until we have sorted this out :).
I am in favour of not seeing the end result screens to maintain FOW and immersion.
What are you guys thinking?

I agree about the FoW and not seeing the end screens ... but I thought that was going to be "new rules", effective from the next round of battles?

Ditto with a difference between ceasefires and surrenders? I thought the final outcome / territory position still depended - this round - on a surrender, or not, rather than "just" on terrain actually occupied on the map?

If so, then we should not (unless to our advantage ... :cool:) accept a ceasefire??

But even going by self interest, it does depend on the unknown of the rest of the battle ... refuse a ceasefire and play on expecting to get a bigger / better victory, and unexpectedly suffer a reverse an end up wishing you'd taken the ceasefire!!!

Either way is a judgement call ...

We do not have to play it till the last minute. I have withdrawn my forces to save as many as possible.

And no, no more "hars" words about secret and stuff :D

This battle took so long because half of the map was already in Russian hnds and it took ages for Nathegun to advance on it. The battle itself did not took that long. Since I have withdrawn my forces the map is yours.

Battle ended in a minor German victory. What's next? do we need to put the file in the common DB?

LOL I thought it was your file :)
I placed it back in our map. Could you upload it for @Ithikial again?

Just waiting on Odin and Strachwitz to finish off their fight which they could now resume since the CMRT update. However not sure if you've seen my other posts but I can't open the PBEM files for the two completed battles. (With updated CMRT). The game saves CTD at the 26% mark.

I may need a report from players on losses they suffered, territory they gained and general areas of the map they plastered with arty. etc. Turn 1 has been a bit of a guinea pig run with flaws being found in the ruleset and the infamous 26% bug... but hopefully that's behind us.

We're down to the final minute of our battle. Any word from @DasTiger ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back