Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Day 1 Dawn Battles Ready to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started going through the center battle. Ugh.... Soviet OOB is a bitch.

That new rule improvement about all units need to remain under the respective chain of commands is definitely going into force. That applies to the Germans as well. (What's left anyway.... :oops: ). Still not seeing any updates about the north and the south battle for the files I can't open. Will be getting creative. :)

I thought @Strachwitz could open the Soviet-side files, and was going to do so to confirm our post-battle positions re casualties, ground gained, etc?

If there is a problem with that, I don't think I can now add any more to the two existing posts: the original one containing the final screen shots in the battle thread, and the one above with a few more details ...

I dont know where our files are and I'm afraid I cant open it either...

Started going through the center battle. Ugh.... Soviet OOB is a bitch.

That new rule improvement about all units need to remain under the respective chain of commands is definitely going into force. That applies to the Germans as well. (What's left anyway.... :oops: ). Still not seeing any updates about the north and the south battle for the files I can't open. Will be getting creative. :)

Could you please shed some light on what you mean by "need to remain under the respective chain of commands"? Seems I forgot what we discussed about that...:(

I thought @Strachwitz could open the Soviet-side files, and was going to do so to confirm our post-battle positions re casualties, ground gained, etc?

If there is a problem with that, I don't think I can now add any more to the two existing posts: the original one containing the final screen shots in the battle thread, and the one above with a few more details ...
I can open the files and could edit the OOB accordingly...

Could you please shed some light on what you mean by "need to remain under the respective chain of commands"? Seems I forgot what we discussed about that...:(

Both sides to varying extents have forces scattered over the campaign map. ie. Companies from the same parent units scattered across the campaign map. Meanwhile they are fighting next door to another company of the same type but from a different battalion. Makes it a nightmare for transferring results back and forth between CM and Excel/Campaign map and trying to work out who suffered what casualties - not to mention not exactly historically accurate, especially for infantry.

@Ithikial:
In the Soviet HQ Dropbox folder you find an update verison of the OOB. I saved with another name to not overwrite your version. Bascially most of the casualties were correct. Good work. I can imagine it was a nightmare :). I edited some casualties to even more casualties and also 1 extra company completely retired (Tankodeski Company/Submachinegun Btn/50.TB). There just 13 men survied and this rendered the unit combat uneffecitve.

Where I see a some small problem is in the tank department. In your OOB some Companies retired but in 2 cases there are still undamaged tanks left (and by undamaged I mean they have no red damaged systems):
1.Batalon/50.Tankovy Brigada/1 Company: 1 undamaged tank left
376. Guards Heavy SU Regiment/1 Company: 1 undamaged tank left
14. Guards Heravy Tank Regiment/1 Company: this company didn`t participate in a battle. Instead it was the 2 Company and there are just 2 tanks left (including the Regimental HQ out of 6) so the headcount of 60% is not true. I also edited that.

I reread the rules and vehicles are counter by the actual vehicles and not by headcount. I edited the OOB accordingly with the correct number of vehicles left. Maybe single vehicles could be amalgated into other Companies?
Also should I begin to edit the unit counters accordingly?

@Ithikial:
I reread the rules and vehicles are counter by the actual vehicles and not by headcount. I edited the OOB accordingly with the correct number of vehicles left. Maybe single vehicles could be amalgamated into other Companies?
Also should I begin to edit the unit counters accordingly?

Thanks for taking a look. As I said to Odin a few days ago I alt-tabbed between Excel, the campaign map and CMRT so many times last Sat night I crashed CM. :p

Happy to take your word on those changes. The main thing with vehicles as intended the the rules was to record tanks and armoured fighting vehicles - when destroyed they were removed from the campaign. No magic IS-2's appearing between battles. As for soft vehicles like trucks let's assume the Wehrmacht and Red Army have a few spare lying around. If there were significant losses (or a supply platoon was wiped out) yes we'll make a note (maybe the parent formation would no long be considered mobilised). But if a German Company HQ loses his Kubelwagon in a fight, it's not going to break the campaign if we don't record it and a spare one is brought up the front so Hans doesn't get his boots dirty. Company commander loses his King Tiger... another story.

Madly finishing another bit of work for one of Odin's projects but I'll take a look on Friday night after work. (About 24 hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back