Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II: Empire Builders

RHODES has joined the YELLOW Rico Empire ... two fun, hard-fought All-Greek battles vs @Nelson1812 - those Kyrenian chariots were an interesting addition -- both went to 60% ... I managed to win both battles with +12% and +16% respectively.

We move along ... new random battle draws -- BLUE Empire goes Charlemagne on the poor Frisian Saxons... and YELLOW has Arabs try and push their conquest towards Constantinople in the late 7th Century. (trying to consolidate and hold back those expansionist GREENS)

Both challanges have been posted.

BATTLE 1: FRISIA - @Badger73 vs @Nelson1812 - Saxon (Continental) 600-804 AD vs Frankish 751-887 AD -- Password = HailFGM

BATTLE 2: CILICIA - @Rico vs @Wellsonian - Arabs (Conquest) 638-684 AD vs Byzantines 650-739 AD -- Password = FGM1

FOG-Empire Builders 023a.jpg

Well, the Byzantines DID NOT show up this time and were crushed in both battles. However, by the slimmest of margins, CILICIA turns green. +- 31 to +- 28. @Rico had a 32 to 31 lead until the last break! Well played.

I will wait until I see my opponent before I choose the armies (if it is Badger, I will choose some TT armies). We will be fighting for DARDANIA.

@Rico - the Badger Kingdoms prevail in the battles for FRISIA. Color it blue. Thank you, @Nelson1812 for both games.

The Blue Council desires adding PANANONIA to our noble realms.
Tenth Century Croats and Serbs march to battle.

Croatian 850-1102 AD verses Serbian 850-1039 AD in Northern European Wooded terrain.
Challenge created. Password = HailFGM

1597938819668.png

We move along... map rapidly filling up - two battles in adjoining territories this round, the last Balkan provinces up for grabs.

Here the new random battle draw:

BATTLE 1: PANNONIA -- @Badger73 vs @Rico -- Croatian 850-1102 AD vs Serbian 850-1039 AD

BATTLE 2: DARDANIA -- @Wellsonian vs @Nelson1812 -- Bosporan 84BC-10AD vs Galatian 280 - 63 BC

FOG-Empire Builders 024a.jpg

Last edited:
Whew ... shaking off the early dice voodoo, my forces prevailed capturing PANNONIA and with it a small YELLOW enclave in a sea of BLUE territories...

Very exciting battles -- they had more at start maneuvering than most (I think it took until turn 14 or 16 before combat actually started) ... we switched cavalry forces right across to opposing flanks at start...LOL ... and each losing side had their cavalry just about wiped out/utterly routed.

Both battles went to 60% -- @Badger73 won his battle +23%, I managed a +31% margin.

FOG-Empire Builders 024b.jpg

Back