Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front is out

Had it on my "wishlist" for ages and finally picked it up. Absolutely the best WW2 RTS on the market. If it had a multiplayer mode, other than RTS, it would fit FGM like a glove. Everything that CMx2 should be if there was a half decent studio behind it.

Had it on my "wishlist" for ages and finally picked it up. Absolutely the best WW2 RTS on the market. If it had a multiplayer mode, other than RTS, it would fit FGM like a glove. Everything that CMx2 should be if there was a half decent studio behind it.

The problem with CM is that they have no ambitions for it any more. They are just milking the franchise at this point, with a low investment/low risk/low returns strategy.

I picked up Graviteam Mius Front at a recent sale. Like Tunisia 43 it is a great game. Shame it is not multiplayer. Made a tutorial as I relearned how to play the game.

GTMF New Player Guide

Thanks. This game needs all the tutorials it can get!

Do you know if there's any way to deploy an infantry squad in a line? While I can deploy the entire platoon in a line, I can only set each squad down as a "blob". Often, I want to deploy in a line for example when setting up defence in a forest edge. I don't want the guys to bunch up and have half of them get no LOS because they are inside the forest.

I picked up Graviteam Mius Front at a recent sale. Like Tunisia 43 it is a great game. Shame it is not multiplayer. Made a tutorial as I relearned how to play the game.

GTMF New Player Guide

Lethal, well done! I subscribed to your channel. I need to get back into the Graviteam orbit. Thanks for your contributions to the Gaviteam community.

@HOA_KSOP thx!

@Bulletpoint In Deployment Mode you can use U Deploy in straight line. This will result in a T formation, as the straight line refers to the infantry squads. First face the squad in the direction you want the line facing.

In Initial Orders and Battle, you can achieve a straight line via the movement option, Attack has line abreast as default.

@HOA_KSOP thx!

@Bulletpoint In Deployment Mode you can use U Deploy in straight line. This will result in a T formation, as the straight line refers to the infantry squads. First face the squad in the direction you want the line facing.

In Initial Orders and Battle, you can achieve a straight line via the movement option, Attack has line abreast as default.

Thanks, will try that out.

Hi Bulletpoint,

The RukiSoundMod has received a very important update that improves a lot of sounds. Please, check it!

And TheWarSimmer has released a new sound mod that he is going to update very soon.

Both sound mods are very interesting. Try first the update to the RukiSoundMod. It is really good!

Txema

Hi Bulletpoint,

The RukiSoundMod has received a very important update that improves a lot of sounds. Please, check it!

And TheWarSimmer has released a new sound mod that he is going to update very soon.

Both sound mods are very interesting. Try first the update to the RukiSoundMod. It is really good!

Txema

Thanks for the heads up. I did try that mod once before, but that was before the update. It didn't really fix the problem. But I'll give this new version a go.

A new DLC for Mius Front - "Edge of Storm" is out, released 10/15/2020. Somehow I missed it. It's a Barbarossa DLC, early Eastern Front October '41 Southern Front action.

I actually got back to Mius Front yesterday after a long break. Forgot half of how it works. But I did manage to play one battle.

Maybe some of you can help with some advice?

I find it really difficult to set up infantry on the defence. I know the LOS tool, but it's extremely tedious to click each unit and move it about until finally it has LOS. The gently sloping hills make it difficult to really find many long sight lines.
There's also a button to make the squads of a platoon automatically set up with max LOS to the front and minimal to the sides. I just find it doesn't really work....

Any tips or tricks?

Last edited:
Another, related but more general question is:

Should I go for forward slope or reverse slope positions?

In Combat Mission, the best defensive setup is nearly always reverse slope. But in Mius Front, the bigger scale and steppe landscape seems to dictate that I should try to use long range weapons to dominate open space.

If that's the case, how to best do that? Position key heavy weapons such as guns and MGs and make sure they have LOS, then put the rest of the platoon on a hedgehog formation around those to prevent flanking? I noticed the AI is actually pretty good at flanking in this game.

Because of the scale I try not to bet all in a reverse slope defense, because the enemy normally has abundant terrain to made a flanking maneuver, I prefer to make some compromises between unity and dispersion to have a better answer when the enemy attack is clear in its intent.

Because of the scale I try not to bet all in a reverse slope defense, because the enemy normally has abundant terrain to made a flanking maneuver, I prefer to make some compromises between unity and dispersion to have a better answer when the enemy attack is clear in its intent.

Do you split up the platoons in individual squads and then scatter them around to try to cover more approaches, or keep the platoons together? The game really wants to deploy squads cheek by jowl, but that means you get a small clump of troops sitting in just one location on the huge maps..

I always get the squads in the platoons together as the control is way better and you don't get morale hit by being out of C2. The other thing that helps you to control the terrain that matters it's identify the part of the map that can change hands. The part that has a huge red square won't change hands even if the enemy or you occupy it. Unless is critical terrain I try to not man it.

Back