Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

New Paul Harrell video is up. His most recent top five handguns for carry and home defense.

My top handgun for concealed carry is now my North American Arms Guardian in .32 ACP. Why? Well certainly not because it is accurate or has a lot of stopping power. The reason it is my #1 is that it is small enough that I can stick it in my pocket. It is also very simple to operate. Double action only, just pull the trigger.

New Paul Harrell video is up. His most recent top five handguns for carry and home defense.

My top handgun for concealed carry is now my North American Arms Guardian in .32 ACP. Why? Well certainly not because it is accurate or has a lot of stopping power. The reason it is my #1 is that it is small enough that I can stick it in my pocket. It is also very simple to operate. Double action only, just pull the trigger.

I use a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry.

That is, when I leave CA and go to a free state.

Bought my house protection base unit this morning. It will take 5.56 or .223 rounds which was the clincher for me. inexpensive but has a wide variety of modifications available. Just what I was looking for.

Attachments

• FCC004EA-C45B-48DA-9004-45E8D750CEC0.jpeg
    FCC004EA-C45B-48DA-9004-45E8D750CEC0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • E80B76B3-0370-44E9-BE55-2491BC8640F3.jpeg
    E80B76B3-0370-44E9-BE55-2491BC8640F3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
How does she shoot, @Buckykatt ? I like the monolithic rail. You can confidently mount optics further forward (which you have done).

Going to the range tomorrow (Weds). This is one gun I can’t shoot at my house as I don’t have anything to stop the bullets, so I need to go to a range. I’ll let you know

Went to the range this morning using the AR with open sights. At 130’ I was able to put this pattern on the target shooting as fast as I could draw a bead on the target in general. Used Russian steel cased ammo 55 grain bullets. I’m happy with that accuracy Considering what the rifle is going to be used for.DC3C6A94-A65B-4B79-B751-C8F6C7E33865.jpeg31D6F1D2-E0EA-4D76-8572-9C6ABC8F57FC.jpeg

Any of the rounds inside the 8 ring would likely be lethal. Of the remaining three, two would be flesh wounds, and one would shatter bone and/or clip the subclavian artery. Nasty.

Was that offhand shooting (not resting the rifle on anything)?

Last edited:
Any of the rounds inside the 8 ring would likely be lethal. Of the remaining three, two would be flesh wounds, and one would shatter bone and/or clip the subclavian artery. Nasty.

Was that offhand shooting (not resting the rifle on anything)?
Yes, standing up shooting, drawing down, shooting, repeat as fast as possible. I was attempting to simulate being charged By Numerous individuals.

My next door neighbor reloads ammo. I found out after buying my AR, they he reloads 223 ammo too. Ammo for AR’s is not easy to find at a decent price so I went around trying to round up reloading supplies for it. I was able to get 300 small rifle primers (magnum) that was lucky as I cannot find any more. 223 brass is somewhat availble, bullets are difficult to find. I‘m getting a real lesson in powder, bullets, primers, etc. It’s a fun hobby and I’m taking time this winter to learn how to do it. We are having a bit of a dilemma as he loaded some rounds with 20 grains of powder with a 40 grain bullet and it didn’t eject. He loaded 6 Rounds with 21 grains of powder along with a 50 grain bullet..that ejected. Now he loaded up 10 rounds with 21 grains of powder with the 40 grain bullet for my next test. (I had purchased 250 40 grain varmint rounds on his advice) this reloading hobby will be fun I think.

Well, since this is a gun thread... I'd like to ask something. I do have a hearing condition called hyperacusis(sensitivity to a certain frequency of sound) and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get and use in the range under my earmuff just for additional hearing protection. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVD19. The only reason I got to the my local gun range is because my cousin owns it. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendation?

My favorite earplugs are the squishy foam kind. In order to use them properly, you have to squeeze them until they are very small, quickly stick them in your ear, after which they will expand. Note that you have to get the entire plug in your ear canal. Can only be used a few times each before they lose their elasticity and/or get coated with ear wax. I worked graveyard shift for 9 years and did a lot of day sleeping. I found these were the best for blocking out noise while I was trying to sleep. They are very inexpensive.

Didn't know we had a firearms thread here! Here's my ugly AK and my 11.3 shorty AR (pistol). Also have a Glock 19.59261105903__F2EBF0ED-4DA7-4230-BEF9-0C0AA53A95D3.JPG

Last edited:
Given these tumultuous times I'm thinking about getting a semi-auto pistol for a little home security.
Literally for home defense. Other than to make sure it works it's unlikely I'll even shoot it more than once.
This reduces my preferences down to something very easy to use that only needs to be accurate to maybe 50'.
I don't think I need a 9mm, but a .22LR or a .380 appeals to me.
I'm leaning towards the S&W M&P Shield EZ. Does anyone have any experience with it? Comments?

Back