Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Meat Grinder's House of Horrors!

From an ongoing CMBN game against @axxe ..... my spidey sense warned me to set a reverse course at the end of last turn.

A bit strange that the hellcats completely ignore the panther. Seems they are distracted by the infantry.

Also this video shows something I believe to be a bug - Panthers attract 50cal fire even while buttoned. I noticed this a few times before.

I don't think the 50cal will open up against any other German tanks...

A bit strange that the hellcats completely ignore the panther. Seems they are distracted by the infantry.

If I had to guess, @axxe may have given them a target arc command and my Panther reversed out of their arc. His flanking maneuver would no doubt have been successful if I hadn't started the Panther reversing.

Also this video shows something I believe to be a bug - Panthers attract 50cal fire even while buttoned. I noticed this a few times before.

I don't think the 50cal will open up against any other German tanks...

Yea I can't explain that one. I wonder if @axxe had given that halftrack an area fire command?

A target arc would explain that bit, but the panther 50 cal mystery remains... I've seen AI 50cal positions open up on my panthers, but it doesn't seem to happen every time.. I wonder if there's a specific panther model that has a spot on its armour that is somehow seen by the TacAI to be a soft spot, even though it isn't?

Much too technical stuff for a new year's eve.. Now I'm off to celebrate :) Happy 2018 everybody!

@Will S has threatened to start a thread with nothing but pics and videos of my troops getting blown up. :)

It's true, I believe there needs to be balance here! Problem is I don't video. Guess I could learn though.

It's true, I believe there needs to be balance here! Problem is I don't video. Guess I could learn though.

Of course, if I figured out how to video, I would definitely show that four man team of mine taking out that Will S panther from 60 yards, with an AT grenade in our current game. That would most assuredly be in Will’s personal house of horrors.

Of course, if I figured out how to video, I would definitely show that four man team of mine taking out that Will S panther from 60 yards, with an AT grenade in our current game. That would most assuredly be in Will’s personal house of horrors.

Bandicam; both screenshots and videos - https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Last edited:
@Wellsonian @Meat Grinder

Pretty epic shot, although you sold your men short Wellsonian, it was more like 115 -120m! They should receive a medal, albeit posthumously of course.

MG you should take some video lessons from Josey Wales :p. I do feel somewhat honored you hijacked your own thread to show my misfortune. And no ganging up on me now that you have his password!

I have seen Panthers take hit upon hit with very little effect. In a recent game I put over 25 AP rounds (75,76,105 heat,37) each into multiple Panthers, from multiple angles, and they were still moving and firing. I have seen Panthers take multiple penetrating AP rounds into the flanks, turrets, main cabin and still function. I have watched a Tiger take penetrating shots to its side, have its crew bail, then while still under fire the crew jumps back in and KO's the tank that is actively shooting at it and hitting it (another one against Wellsonian). In our most recent game MG you drove your Panther into the middle of a platoon of my men, and it took from what I remember about 5 effective bazooka shots all from 50m or closer before the crew decided to bail (after having fired a few last shots into my infantry of course). I have seen players use Panthers as if they are indestructible, and actually have success moving them into close range of the enemy, with out any infantry support, while taking massive fire. Not so with my Panthers! I have never had any success with those tactics, but I have had Panthers destroyed by single shots on many occasions. This will stand as the pinnacle of Panther destruction for me at this time, until someday when one of my Panthers is KO'd by a well placed .30-06 round.

So it goes.

I've always had pretty consistent good luck with Panthers (ask @Nemesis ). More so than Tigers. It seem like every time I buy a Tiger, it loses its MA to a gun hit from a Stuart or something equally improbable. @Badger73 and I had a recent discussion about this and we (mostly he) came up with an idea that he and I should play an armor only game with me playing all Panthers and then a second game with me playing all Tigers. His forces would be the same in both games. I suggested I play with five Panthers (then five Tigers) against his ten Sherman 76s. We finished the first game and, if I recall correctly, it ended with me left with three immobilized Panthers (all three with still functioning main armaments) and he had two (or was it three?) Shermans left, one immobilized. We have yet to start the Tiger game.

I've always had pretty consistent good luck with Panthers (ask @Nemesis ). More so than Tigers. It seem like every time I buy a Tiger, it loses its MA to a gun hit from a Stuart or something equally improbable. @Badger73 and I had a recent discussion about this and we (mostly he) came up with an idea that he and I should play an armor only game with me playing all Panthers and then a second game with me playing all Tigers. His forces would be the same in both games. I suggested I play with five Panthers (then five Tigers) against his ten Sherman 76s. We finished the first game and, if I recall correctly, it ended with me left with three immobilized Panthers (all three with still functioning main armaments) and he had two (or was it three?) Shermans left, one immobilized. We have yet to start the Tiger game.

That is funny....I lose Panthers to harsh looks. I can’t keep them alive no matter what I do. Tigers on the other hand, I always have good luck with....ref Will’s post above (although that was ridiculous even for me. I laughed good and hard after that turn).
And Meat Grinder is more likely to sell Will S my password than collaborate with me....he has yet to beat me :cool::p

It seems extremely variable. I've seen a Panther get knocked out by a rifle grenade before (it was also a hit on the side of the turret), but on the other hand, I've seen a Panther take 5 penetrating hits to the back of the turret and keep fighting till shot number 6 finally caused the crew to bail..

One thing I'm curious about is what exactly is happening to the Panther when a rifle grenade knocks it out? It's not ammunition fire, as the tank is not burning. It's not loss of crew, as they seem to exit. It's not the engine being disabled, as I doubt that could happen from a small hit to the turret. It's not the main gun or the weapon controls either, as those have their own damage indicators. Could it represent a turret jam? Not sure if that could happen from a rifle grenade...

Last edited:
Back