Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

MODs & add-ons

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:
You only need all the mods installed client side if you want to admin. Otherwise you should only need the maps and weapon addons (if they are in use). I have temporarily turned off the strict mod checking but ideally it should be on especially if we ever intend to invite others to our server (or make it public)

Ok so say I wanted to make a scenario tonight with the African forces mod on Chernarus... what would I need to do to enable people to play it tomorrow?

Everyone would need the Map Pack mod and the African Forces mod.

OK was just wondering. I believe PlaywithSix is the way forward but we need someone to talk everyone through it and I don't have the time just now.

Your post on setting up palywithsix is invaluable, Having a FGM mod and list plus a 'private' mod list makes it easy to jump straight into ARMA with out any enable/disable of mods in game.

To be able to use new weapons, vehicles, etc they would need to be added to the mission which can be done by either modifying the mission itself or using MCC_sandbox to add a new ammo box with the new weapons in and manually spawning the new vehicles.

Also VAC (VirtualAmmoBox) will automatically add new weapons so if your mission has that mod built in then they will appear.

I've really been enjoying TPW Mods. It adds a lot more ambiance to the game; civilians walking and driving around, animals milling about, aircraft periodically flying overhead and Greek music emanating from radios in some of the houses. It's fully customizable with the userconfig, so you can turn off the modules you don't want running or tweak them to your taste.

Also getting a kick out of the AH-64D Longbow. You'll have to download the Arma 3 controls pbo linked to in the main post for better A3 compatibility. It works in SP for the most part, but doesn't work in MP. Still, it's a lot of fun to mess around with.

Last edited:
Nice MODs @Rambler I'll have to check them out.

I was perusing the missions on playwithsix last night and saw this Alive scenario below. I tried playing it SP but had no joy, and it was getting to late for editing work, worth a try a least. Would it run on the server ?

ALiVE Scenario East vs West vs Independent | Arma 3 Mission

Mission Description

requires Alive Mod. over 500AI units, AI support systems (mortars and transport), multi-respawn, VAS, 4 total factions (3 playable; opfor, blufor, civilian), dynamic weather, view settings, player tags, automatically placed assets (vehicles and ammo). can be used as template; add specific assets and scripts. to bring up the Alive action menu, bind custom control #20. to use support systems, add laser designator to inventory.

@Rambler, I checked out the TPW Mods in the DUWS (SP) mod.

At first sight, I thought it was cool. civilians walking/driving about. Been able to commandeer vehicles.
Then it started to get annoying, my squad members where knocked over and the base was swamped with civilians.
Then I read the 'how to install' and I would be able to edit how they behave or what areas they can't go into. It has some potential.
Some screenies below.

Alright lads, lets go for a joy ride.

2014-02-04_00003_zps1171cf33.jpg

2014-02-04_00001_zps9555d258.jpg

Haha, yeah, that happened to me too. I was playing the combined arms showcase, and a delivery truck came out of nowhere and proceeded to run over a couple of my dudes. I promptly shot the occupants of the truck. Like you found out, you can tweak the settings so stuff like that doesn't happen, or turn off the civ cars module off all together. That fold-out map mod looks pretty cool.

Here's a couple more mods I'm liking:

bCombat: Makes your AI soldiers actually behave more like soldiers. It's pretty impressive and I recommend it. You have to put the mod folder in the steam>steamapps>common>Arma3 folder for it to work.

This one was just released today, the A-10C. I took it for a test flight and absolutely love it. This is definitely a mod to watch. The clickable cockpit and start-up sequence is great, even though it's a little bit out of order. Don't shy away at the sound of start-up sequence, though. It's not that involved, and you'll have your bird in the air in no time at all!

Ur50t8Q.jpg

Back