Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Mods] Aris and Other Popular Mods Combined into Easy to Download Packs

Great, this is what I was looking for. But one question. Where are sound mods? Is it ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01? what are the zmb-defence, suppression and viewpoint brz files?

Great, this is what I was looking for. But one question. Where are sound mods? Is it ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01? what are the zmb-defence, suppression and viewpoint brz files?

Yes, ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01 is a popular sound mod. Zmb-defence is a part of Marco Bergmans Interface mod.
I am not sure though exactly what part it is, I think it adds handy infos about amour on vehicles. Viewpoint.brz alters the compass in a way you can now really use it as the vanilla compass is a bit ark ward and misleading in the direction. So basically all are a must ;-). Although I highly modded the sound mod for myself to fit my accustic "needs" even more...

Yes, ZBase_AKDSM_v2_01 is a popular sound mod. Zmb-defence is a part of Marco Bergmans Interface mod.
I am not sure though exactly what part it is, I think it adds handy infos about amour on vehicles. Viewpoint.brz alters the compass in a way you can now really use it as the vanilla compass is a bit ark ward and misleading in the direction. So basically all are a must ;-). Although I highly modded the sound mod for myself to fit my accustic "needs" even more...

Spot on. Except as mentioned in an earlier post I use Marco Berman's 'Plain' mod without all the numbers and data. Looks a little cluttered.

AKD's sound Mod is one of the best across both CMSF and CMBN or FI in my opinion. Saying that though it maybe being pipped at the post by a new one just released.

I take it you're referring to waclaw's sound mod? If so, it's killer. I'm currently going through it and picking out my favorite bits to add to my mix. The tank track/engine sounds are awesome, as are the majority of the weapons. Someone earlier in this thread was looking for the best Thompson, Vickers, M1917, etc. Well, this mod is it, imo. My favorites are the BAR and the Bren. They have some meat now. The only thing I don't care for are the big gun sounds. He added shell loading sounds on almost every one of them. I don't think those noises could be heard all that well outside of a tank. I can imagine it would be more audible for open top armor and AT guns, though. The problem is that they share the same sound files. All in all, the mod is superb.

If you like waclaw's mod there is new, final version available

Thanks for compiling these mod packs. I had some basic terrain mods, etc. but was not going to download individual vehicle skins even though I wanted them. This made it very easy.

Excellent AAR! If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to capture the game as you played? did you link individual files or are you using an application to continuously capture your screen?

Bootie is correct, I do use FRAPS however it is a bit of a resource hog compared to some other products on the market now on the market. May need to look into those in the near future.

If Bootie wants, I can create a new topic going through the process step by step.

Question: I had DL'd this pkg when you first shared it. Has it changed? Do I need to DL the newer version to get the improvements?

Question: I had DL'd this pkg when you first shared it. Has it changed? Do I need to DL the newer version to get the improvements?

I haven't changed the packages. Will do once Aris and a few others move on to other games for their modding exploits. The above packages should be considered for CMBN and CW only.

Back