Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Mods] Aris and Other Popular Mods Combined into Easy to Download Packs

I can´t seem to get my M1 garands to sound the same with the mod. Any help?

I must admit I haven't used these sounds for a while myself. Try removing some of the multiples of the Garand and just leave one sound in the z folder to see if that works.

I must admit I haven't used these sounds for a while myself. Try removing some of the multiples of the Garand and just leave one sound in the z folder to see if that works.
Whats the best soundmod out there today. I notticed alot talk about the Waclaw mod. Know where I can get it?
Can´t find it at the BF repository.

Can I just ask, do all the folders and content go into the z folder?

Thanks in advance.

@Ithikial have you tried the CMBN mods on FB, I imagine Aris's vehicle mods will work if a particular vehicle model is available in both games? Do you know what the deal is for winter camo though? I presume we'll have to wait and hope Aris produces winter camo models

I haven't even played the game yet but maybe tonight.

What will probably work given past history...
- Effects (though I do know they've changed how fire is done so maybe hold off on that)
- Sounds

If snow is anything like it was in Fortress Italy - Gustav Line I'm guessing it's largely to do with mod tags. Probably worth holding off on the vehicles.

It has been awile since I installed any mods. Where do I install them again?

Data\Z folder. no folder called Z make one then drop stuff in

I have a question about the ARIS Stug, Hetzer, MK IV , and Jdpz IV mods. I can't tell if they are working as in any of the battles I open up with snow on the ground, in no instances does white washing show up. There are bits of snow in the wheels, but that's about it. Other mods such as snowy shermans and snowy halftracks are ok. Also the snowy halftrack mods for both c & d Series seem not to be working, as the only snow seems to be on the tracks. I put the mods in the z folder I created, so I'm either doing something wrong, or don't know what I should be seeing. BY the way terrain pack seems to be working, as does snowy trees. Help!!

These mod packs were created for CMBN way back before the Market Module was released. How they transfer to CMFB is unknown. (By me). They don't replace any snow textures as they are all summer units without the [snow] modtag.

Suggest loading a battle or use the editor to test out a fight in October with dry ground conditions. Highest chance they will show up there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I understand the basics of what you are saying, but the title on the mods page says they are for FB - what does the creator of the ARIS mods say about this -
Interestingly enough the Umlaut snowy vehicles work and the info on the Umlaut download page says " mods only load in scns with snowy ground conditions" - the ARIS packs don't have that notation.
Bottom line, I have seen none of the images that are on the download page for any of the ARIS mods for any of the vehicles as mentioned above show up in any of the scenarios I have tried - and that includes, as you suggested loading up a fight in October with dry ground conditions. So the question is - does anyone know to get those vehicle examples to show up? . What are those of you who have downoaded the ARIS vehicle packs experiencing? Again - the issue is not with the Umlaut mods, just the ARIS vehicle packs

So the question is - does anyone know to get those vehicle examples to show up? . What are those of you who have downoaded the ARIS vehicle packs experiencing? Again - the issue is not with the Umlaut mods, just the ARIS vehicle packs

This is Aris Panther and Hetzer Packs, I have all his mods loaded... Each Caption, has the Month, Weather, and Ground Condition, as set in the editor by the author... They all seem to work fine, never had a problem with Aris's packs, and IMHO they are the best vehicle mods... He even has a comment in one of the read me files that states with light or patchy snow he only did the treads figuring the heat of the vehicle would melt off what little snow there is... of course as you can see with deep snow the vehicles have snow and what looks like some snowy camouflage... Again this is controlled by the weather setting in the editor... I also included the Panther Pack files in a graphic... Hope this helps

aris.jpg

aris1.jpg

This makes sense, but Where are you finding these captions and the comments - when I download the mods from cmmodsiii, all that is in the folder are the individual graphics files, no captions and no read me files - can you give me the directory path to find these captions and read me files, or is there another place to download these mods that have this info

from CMMODSIII comments on Aris Panther Pack... There are other comments out there... and you are correct except for the Terrain Mod Aris has stopped putting in Read Me files and Install.txt files...

I believe some of the info I get is also from posts at the BFC Forum or The Blitz Forum or The Game Squad forum... to be honest I don't remember where I get all of the info... but I know comments and posting are done and retained... The thing to remember is you have mod tags [muddy], [snow], [whitewash], [autumn], and [spring] which is not used yet, these mod tags kick in on certain situations... example [muddy] kicks in when ground conditions are set to Muddy, apparently these mod tags are also specific in that I read somewhere that [muddy] doesn't work with uniforms (so making a uniform mod with [muddy] is useless) it just works with vehicles, terrain, bla bla bla... All in all it just takes time and some playing around to get use to what does what... Hope this helps a little...

1. Brian Hardesty | 10th May 2016 at 13:02 | Reply
    Have downloaded Aris’ Stug and PIV winter CMFB packs, put them in ‘Z’ folder but they don’t show up in game with the winter textures,even when I have ‘Snow’ in scenario? What am I doing wrong? Should I prefix them with a z in folder or what?
    Any advice appreciated

2. Aristoteles | 10th May 2016 at 16:25 | Reply
    CMFB manual, page 4:

“All vehicles have been given a new coat of whitewash camouflage in loving detail. This
    whitewash camouflage will automatically be applied on January 1945, if the ground condition
    is Light Snow or heavier.”

One more question, - you say above "the thing to remember is you have mod tags [muddy], [snow], [whitewash], [autumn], and [spring] which is not used yet, these mod tags kick in on certain situations..." - where are these mod tags located - when I go into the editor and click on mod tags, all I see are import, export or clear options - so I'd assume then the tags located in the mod graphics themselves, correct, or am I supposed to put something into the mod tag section of the editor in the scenarios manually

Back