Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

PANZER COMMAND OSTFRONT

Ah, one of the games that doesn't yet run on my new rig... I think, though, I have read something about sharper ground textures. I think that'd help a lot in the looks department.

I never could get the PCO demo running on my Win 7 pc. I kept gettting a crash part way through loading.

Sorry guys you will have to excuse poor artur...he still figures the sun rises in the East and sets in the West and that Battlefront has no control of things !! :RpS_tongue:

I think that it was a mistake from Matrix to release an unfinished game the way they did.
It reminds me of CMSF when it was first released.
Hopefully they ll follow BFC's footsteps and they ll manage to transform it in a good game.

As i ve said in previus posts they had and still have excellent customer support service.
It seems that with PCO they ve bet on the wrong horse or better to a horse that wasnt as prepared as some were claiming to be.
Also the kind of agressive promotion of the game wasnt succesful too.
I have the feeling that they will still support the game hoping that it will develop in a good title as a serius
company rarely can afford the failure of an unfinished or abolished title.
See the CMMC title, it took BFC some years (and a good game: CMBN ) to start gaining back the customers base that it had created with the CM1 series.

I think that it was a mistake from Matrix to release an unfinished game the way they did.
It reminds me of CMSF when it was first released.
Hopefully they ll follow BFC's footsteps and they ll manage to transform it in a good game.

Well, it was not released as a 'new' game per say. It was an update of the existing 'old' game by a group of people after Matrix bought the code. So all this talk of CMBN killa' and such is nonsense. Yeah, most of the graphics are ancient compared to todays standards but can be improved by any capable modder. I believe they stayed with less polys to cater to those of use that have ancient rigs. My opinion is that they should have said tough shit and went with some higher poly models. Seeing that most of the negatives that I have read about the 'update' is how the graphics are almost as good as CMX1. I agree it is hard to play with the outdated graphics after running a CMBN game or two but it is a moot point because I am almost feeling like this is a CMSF type of deal. They are ironing out all of the bugs with this update or patch to get a feel for what everyone is looking for. There is talk on revamping the orders system and destructable terrain in addition to other things and expansions. Bottom line though is that they release this for 'free' to people that already had the game as a patch or update. No money or at the least very little money was expected to be made on this. I feel it is a fishing line to try and reel some people in if they try and get serious with an updated engine with comparable graphics to CMBN. Hopefully it can weather the storm eventhough this seems like it would be some time away.

ROTFLMAO !!! How dare Matrix games in all there wobbly ways release a free/low cost ADD-ON to Panzer Command in PCO at a time like this. Don't they know that battlefront is the only true game company....just tell steve over at BF,I am sure he will be happy to set those poor sods at Matrix straight !!!!!!! I can remember a time around here after BF decided to move on from CMx1 that the atmosphere was ahhhhh...somewhat different to say the least.

What matrix has been doing here at late for the most part has been to patch up and improve some of the classic titles from such wobbly adult wargame creators as Tiller,Grigsby and Koger and others. In addition releasing Grigsby's latest "War in the East" which doesn't posses the all powerful graphics level and "Invisible elephant in the living room" destructible environments that CMBN has but from the standpoint of historical accuracy eats CMBN alive.BUT its a DIFFERENT kind of game and one that still has a place and a following within the wargaming genre as do the majority of titles released or re-released bye Matrix with the exception of PCO and a couple of others that are more inline with the 3d game style of CMBN but using considerably older engines. So.......why would Matrix bother to do what they do when its so obvious that the gaming Gods have given there full support to Steve and BF ????? maybe its because people still like those games and the fact that some folks here don't doesn't confront any of them......so Matrix will just wobble on doing what they do....hopefully for many years to come........Hell I still prefer to play the Steel Panthers series over CMBN or PCO and likely as not always will ..LOL

PCO is not a threat to the BF dynasty...it never was !!! Thats a figment of some overactive imaginations here abouts......its just an update to an earlier title that was released in 2006 !!!!!

CMBN is a good game and will do fine !!!!

Matrix is a good publisher and will do fine as well...like it or not.

Have a nice day

@Eniced: this whole free update thing is just a promotional trick,after all how many people had the Original game?
From what i ve read at Matrix forums very few(meaning that ive seen minimal posts from people stating that ''i had the original one thanks for the free update''.For the others they are cahrging 24Euros which is a reasonable price for a game that is,in many things, 6 years old.
@7thcav:Nobody here is a BFC Fanboy and antiMatrix, on the contrary Matrix supported FGM and even offered some copies of their games as a reward in a competition of ours.
Also if u search through older posts u ll see that BFC was strongly critisised by members of this forum.
So i suggest you can go witch hunting somewhere else.
BTW Send my regards to your friend Yoosername....

@Eniced: this whole free update thing is just a promotional trick,after all how many people had the Original game?
From what i ve read at Matrix forums very few(meaning that ive seen minimal posts from people stating that ''i had the original one thanks for the free update''.For the others they are cahrging 24Euros which is a reasonable price for a game that is,in many things, 6 years old.
@7thcav:Nobody here is a BFC Fanboy and antiMatrix, on the contrary Matrix supported FGM and even offered some copies of their games as a reward in a competition of ours.
Also if u search through older posts u ll see that BFC was strongly critisised by members of this forum.
So i suggest you can go witch hunting somewhere else.
BTW Send my regards to your friend Yoosername....

LOL....You must be referring to the "Shil" matrix planted here to undermine CMBN !!!....Now that is what I call witch hunting !!!! I do have opinions that you don't seem to agree with and my response to that is "Too damn Bad" After watching you and others perform in that "Yoosername" thread I can't say that your opinion of me or what I have too say confronts me in the least. As for yoosername I don't know who he is nor do I care,he is not my problem......However he does still seem to be yours. Cargol you definitely seem to have something rather massive stuck in your colon (when it comes to that guy/gal) ....you may want to see to that at your earliest convenience...it ain't healthy.

Back