Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] WW2 Then & Now

Nice post Louis.
I always enjoy these before and after's.

I looked up Etretat and found it was north east of Le Havre and outside the Normandy invasion area.

zxjXL4M.jpg

I took a “drive” around Etretat using Google maps.
It is a very pretty area. I’d very much would like to go there.
I found a bunker that is still on the beach but it doesn’t have the view that your picture above has.

gtePZ1v.jpg

Moving further down the beach is where you would get that view but there was no bunker.
I did notice however a concrete patch in the cliff wall. At first I thought that was where the bunker was but in the sepia photo with the gun in it it looks like there is a slot in the cliff face where the bunker may have been bunker and figure that must be the where the picture was taken from.

Bd6ADdv.jpg

Thanks again Louis. It was fun driving around France if only virtually. ;)

Last edited:
Louis your pics are always giving me an education. (y)

"Palazzo Venezia is the building that gave the square its name and was built between 1455 and 1464 by Cardinal Pietro Barbo, who went on to become Pope Paul II. It was a papal residence until Pope Pius IV handed it to Venice and the building was used as the embassy."

I shudder to think what Ukrainian towns and cities will look like in a few months time. I feel very sad seeing current events.

Back