Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Post Scriptum

You need to be with the right kind of squad I guess, makes a difference. As I said in my previous post, it reminded me of WWII online, squad nights would sometimes involved training, moving across ground after popping smoke grenades, where to aim on tanks for best effect, combined arms, etc. Taking down mobile spawn points was the bread and butter tactic.
I reckon this game is no different.

You can really tell when you are playing for or against a side that has a bit of experience and is well led.
For example. Was defending a small village with two brit squads. Despite our squad leader repeatedly telling
everyone to stay together and defend from the buildings, repreatedly lone-wolf-rambos without any patience
would venture off looking for kills...and get picked off. Too far away and too dangerous for our medics.

So our team was already depleted when the attack came. We were hit with artillery and air support.
Then the germans attacked from two sides, along with vehicle support. We fought hard (those of us that were left)
but couldn't withstand their coordinated assault.

I assume there are groups and clans and friends that play together. It's certainly true for other games.
And I occasionally see a squad group that has been locked, so randoms can't enter. Some of them use Discord to speak.
I think that there are also dedicated servers you can rent, and presumably it could be protected so only your group could enter.

For me, playing casually, it's always random. So far, I haven't come across trolls.
I did have one guy swearing as he suggested I take my tank to the south to destroy enemy armour spotted there. And that, we did. :)
Him swearing blue murder only added to the immersion heh heh.

Last edited:
Another brief AAR.

Was a German medic (I quite like the role). Followed my squad as we moved. Our squad leader got hit in a forest and went down.
I ran to the area and crawled a short distance to him and revived him so he could continue directing our guys (he was an effective leader too).
I covered him as he sprinted off to where the squad was rallying.

Then I saw movement nearby, and a soldier stepped out of the hedge. A para uniform - gasp! I already had my sights up. I fired, and he dropped.
Before moving I had another look around. Another para, on the road, standing. Pulled the trigger and...bolt action (damn I keep forgetting about that!).
Fired for real this time, and he went down. Looked to my left and saw another in the middle distance, running through the forest.
I aimed, lead my shot slightly, fired - got him! Spotted another, fired, missed, bolt action. Fired again and got him too.

Suddenly I was peppered by sten bullets...their squad leader must have spotted me. Auf wiedersehen grausame welt.

its the whole feel of the game as well though... it doesn't feel right.

How so? I've been looking at videos of it and getting interested in trying it out, but I'd like to hear some critique of it..

Some more snapshots from Post Scriptum...

Crawled on my belly through a field and fired a Panzerfaust into the side of a Churchill tank. I hit it, but it was not disabled. The crew drove off in a panic.

Tracked a tank by sound alone. Hid in a house next to the road. A Cromwell appeared and I hit it with a Panzerschreck.
The crew turned off the road between two buildings to escape. I chased on foot while reloading. Put a second round into the rear and it blew up spectacularly.

Spotted a British AT gun being pushed into position behind some sandbags by its crew.
I snuck up on their position and readied a stick grenade bundle (Geballte Ladung) and lobbed it right among them.

Was playing as a British paratrooper with a PIAT. Went into the enemy rear area, evading infantry as I went. Hid in bushes while a group of 4 enemy ran past.
Got to an area where my team had reported seeing a German Mobile Spawn Point (a truck). Spotted it in a field. Did a mad 100 metre dash across the field.
Aimed and fired. I had time to see it was a direct hit, before suddenly being peppered with fire from several directions.

Started a match and checked the map. To my surprise, I could see icons of planes moving across it, with spawn points marked.
I clicked on the spawn and suddenly found myself sitting in the back of a noisy, rattling Douglas C-47 Skytrain! I could see the actual ground terrain outside,
from the windows and the open door. The green light went on and I went to the door and jumped. Chute deployed, and I could see the farmland and towns
spread out below me. Landed with a roll, stood up and readied my Springfield and ran for cover.

Holding a church with some paras. The SS repeatedly assaulted it, throwing in grenades and smoke through the doorways first.
I was firing my Bren gun with gusto. We fought off several waves, but we would lose a man each time. Soon it was just me left.
I killed 3 more before a German grenade caught me. Lost the victory location. What a mess.

This really sounds like WWII online. Will have to give it a nother try

Sounds like you're having fun, @Concord. I might buy it when it comes out soon, even though it does sound a bit "run and gun" ... Too bad you're in Australia; will be difficult to find a server where we could join forces - both because of time zones and server lag.

Crawled on my belly through a field and fired a Panzerfaust into the side of a Churchill tank. I hit it, but it was not disabled.

I heard that there's actually no advanced damage modelling of the tanks in PostScriptum. A tank is basically just a big box with a number of "hitpoints".

Last edited:
@Bulletpoint Yeah FGM guys would make a great comrades in arms. :)
I've been playing on public servers and you get a broad range of people, but most don't know what to do.

Plenty of fun and action for sure. BUT there's a hidden layer to the game...the tactical and strategic aspects are very much there.
Communication, team work, coordination. When one side (or both) get it happening, it's even more amazing.
Being beta level in development, there's not much documentation, but guys are starting to figure it out.

Have a look at this video for instance.
It is regarding the platoon commander role - the top, solitary position ("there can only be one").

Plenty of fun and action for sure. BUT there's a hidden layer to the game...the tactical and strategic aspects are very much there.
Communication, team work, coordination.

That's exactly what I am looking for. I used to spend long evenings on various servers in Battlefield PR looking for a nice, calm, professional squad. When I found it, sometimes I would have only 20 minutes of fun, then the server would restart and we'd all get thrown off, but it felt it was worth it. The feeling of good teamwork is amazing.

Once, on a desert map, I was squad leader and everyone worked together so well that we held a position on a hill for a long time against attacks from various sides. For example, I would use the binoculars to manually direct the fire of the LMG guy next to me, using the microphone. He couldn't see the targets, but we managed to take out a lot of attackers that way.

I heard that there's actually no advanced damage modelling of the tanks in PostScriptum. A tank is basically just a big box with a number of "hitpoints".
Have not played around with the tanks yet, so can't confirm or deny that, but i do know that it will be a thing. They recently implemented it in Squad.

Back