Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Post Scriptum

Question about PostScriptum: Do players have "kill counts"?

I think it was one of the bad things from Battlefield that they should have removed from the mod I used to play.

Because the moment there's a scoreboard for everyone to see at all times during the battle, that motivates people to try to find ways to get more kills. So a lot of players go for personal hi-score instead of caring about winning the battle as a team.

Question about PostScriptum: Do players have "kill counts"?

I think it was one of the bad things from Battlefield that they should have removed from the mod I used to play.

Because the moment there's a scoreboard for everyone to see at all times during the battle, that motivates people to try to find ways to get more kills. So a lot of players go for personal hi-score instead of caring about winning the battle as a team.
There is, but you dont get to see it until the game is over. i think the only "points" you can see during the game is revive points.
Could be wrong but i think that's the case

Post Scriptum, Squad and ARMA all suffer from a problem with user goals: different players want different things from the game and play in different ways to get it.

So you have people who are having the time of their life because they're pinned down, screaming for a medic and are super-immersed sharing a space with people who are tearing their hair out trying to get the team to move forward and attack the objectives. Couple that to lots of walking simulator because the maps are very big and the unforgiving nature of realistically simulated weapons and something like Post Scriptum can get very trying, very quickly.

Yes, as well an an email from Steam. "An item on your Wishlist has just released! Post Scriptum is now available on Steam."
Development is done. The game is for sale; USD$29.99.

I got the same mail :) Haven't bought it yet though. A bit on the fence...

I got the same mail :) Haven't bought it yet though. A bit on the fence...

Me too. I have it on my wish list to keep an eye on it but I don't intend to acquire at this time.
For now, I plan to purchase ARMA3 when it goes on sale at Steam then join @Josey Wales and the other FGM members playing it with the WW2 mods.

Strange, Post Scriptum has an update queued and the play button has turned to 'Purchase' anyone else has this?
Post Scriptum beta is obsolete now, so it says Purchase. You should have a new Post Scriptum on your steam library

Might help some of you decide wether to go for it or not :)

Me too. I have it on my wish list to keep an eye on it but I don't intend to acquire at this time.
For now, I plan to purchase ARMA3 when it goes on sale at Steam then join @Josey Wales and the other FGM members playing it with the WW2 mods.

Wasn't aware there was a FGM community on that game? Is it something that's up and running, or something planned? I'll add ARMA3 to my steam wishlist too.

Well, my enjoyment of PS has fallen to rock bottom.

I have played over 100 hours in this game.
Over the last week or so, I have been noticing very strange behavior in the game.
I did some quick research on the internet, and discovered these straight up:

This would explain a lot!

Just one of many examples...
I was running towards the front. Still a long distance away, and not near any victory locations, very quiet.
I got a text on my mobile I needed to respond to, so I ran into a random building, up the stairs and into a room.
I got my guy prone, and started to reply to the text. A minute or so later, a burst of auto fire hit the outside wall
of the house next to where I was prone! Several more. So I shifted my guy to the other corner of the room, making sure
I was alone, and had no line-of-sight to the outside. To my amazement, the fire continued and followed me, hitting the outside walls.

At the end of each match, all the scores of both teams are listed for about 60 seconds.
Most people have kills of 1-10, and a similar number of deaths.
However, increasingly I see scores of 40-50 kills, with 1-3 deaths, or even NO deaths.
World class e-sports celebrities on the server? I don't think so.

Cheating and hacking affects almost all player vs. player games eventually. Ruins the experience utterly. No competition.

I raised a support ticket with the developer, including the links to the videos.
Their response was "We are aware of any hacks and have let EAC know to add them to their lists."

Last night I had a couple of matches...and it was a total farce.
Our teams could not even get close to the objective.
Supernaturally accurate fire at long range, and they always seemed to know where we were, even when concealed or in cover.
I think the death bell for this game is tolling, for me at least.

I've played various pvp games that have been hacked.

I did some research, and there is a constantly evolving battle between hackers and anti-hacking software.
This goes for every online human endeavour - government, commercial, private...and games.
It is a constant, ever-evolving war for security.

Some games are successful at keeping cheaters out, some not so much.

A recent extremely popular pvp game Player Unknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) was hacked by
so many players (with similar hacks to the ones in the videos above) that it almost destroyed the game.
It forced the developer to shift all of its resources to stopping the hacks, and there have even been
some criminal arrests associated with it (some hacking software was also hacking players' computer information).

You see some players' profiles on Steam that have multiple VAC bans (Valve Anti-Cheat System).
This means the player used cheating software to hack the game, then were detected (first time or hundredth time)
and were permanently banned from using the game ever again.

What a disappointment, @Concord . I never understood why anyone would use such hacks. But there's a lot about human nature that I will never understand.

I guess I'll wait and see if they manage to stop the hacking. Did the game Squad have the same problems?

Squad uses the same anti-hacking software, Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC).
From my brief research, although it has had its problems in the past, there seems to be few complaints in recent times.
I played Post Scriptum last night and the matches weren't so bad, so maybe the EAC is starting to do its job.
Apparently anti-cheat software doesn't always bring down the hammer immediately...like a cop building a case, it gathers evidence over time!

Some time ago I read some articles about the psychology behind game cheating.
Some reasons highlighted were; trolling/griefing (getting a perverse thrill out of frustrating and angering other people)
and an infantile, egotistical desire to be superior and godlike and bask in others admiration.
Also, cheating is more common in games where there is accumulation of gear, abilities and rank.

By the way, there are also some possible explanations for how a person can have a 40-0 kills/death ratio. I've seen it before, in similar games where it was usually the tank crews racking up those numbers. The tank is a powerful asset, and especially on public servers where 80 pct of players just run around like headless chickens, a good tank crew can really harvest.

Also, about the thing where people see you through walls - it could be that if the wall is thin, your gun barrel may poke through it graphically, giving your position away. Not saying it's what happened in your case, but I've seen it happen in other games.

Back