Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round Four

Time to get back on topic

The 8th match just completed.

Canadian cat has done a great job as the German and has posted a true winning score as the germans.
So he will take the top spot presently, so the standings at the moment are

Top Four Germans so far are
Canadian Cat, Mirekm61, Bleskaceq and then Raskol

Top Four Americans
Sspoom then Kgpanther, dkchapuis and Cargol

three battles remain, my only problem is, two of the best players is the slowest battle. (Not Cool)

three battles remain, my only problem is, two of the best players is the slowest battle. (Not Cool)
Yeah hate to say it but its starting to look like @Lethaface wont be finishing the battle. Havent heard anything from him in 10 days. I know you know his situation, its just unfortunate for him. He did say he wanted to finish but wasn't sure if he can.

OH, I expect a good AAR from any German player that has had success, since many did not.
A good chance for some good discussion on this battle.
Wow I did not expect that I would be in the running for the the top score as the Germans. I made and early decision that really seemed to be working and then US reenforcemetns arrived and scuppered my time table and chewed up my resources. I honestly did not think I was going to end up doing that well. I'll be sure to do a write up of some kind.

Yeah hate to say it but its starting to look like @Lethaface wont be finishing the battle. Havent heard anything from him in 10 days. I know you know his situation, its just unfortunate for him. He did say he wanted to finish but wasn't sure if he can.
I will step in for him starting today, hopefully we might see him back here at some point.
He is in a tough situation, I hope it works out for him, but no question something has to change, he cannot continue on the present path he is doing.
Some Upper management types can be demons, he appears to be working for such.

Wow I did not expect that I would be in the running for the the top score as the Germans. I made and early decision that really seemed to be working and then US reenforcemetns arrived and scuppered my time table and chewed up my resources. I honestly did not think I was going to end up doing that well. I'll be sure to do a write up of some kind.

when I was designing this battle. I had a expectation that I was only going to allow the German so much success before the Allies would have the ability to shut it down, Your battle played out about as good as I would expect the Germans to do.
The problem is, maybe I made this one a little too hard for most players playing as the Germans.

Many did not even get the early turns going with any momentum which they needed to push a attack.
Looking at it now, the task was very challenging unless the German player implemented many things correctly.
and maybe some luck also. Anyway, I made it too hard, I will try and remember in the future not to be so demanding.

Anyway, I made it too hard, I will try and remember in the future not to be so demanding
One of the best things about this tournament is the difficulty and the variety. Don't try to hard to make it easier for us :) It's OK to have a tough battle mixed in with more straight forward ones. Those tend to be the ones with the widest spread in the results which I think is a good thing for this kind of tournament.

I know, but I do have all level of players and for some, this was a nightmare of a battle, I did not intend for that.

It was just the result, I was not thinking about what could happen if certain decisions and events were not done by the attacker.

Oh, I wanted it hard, just not as hard as it was for some.

OH, Pretty much all my known skilled German players have shown the design was about correct, but I will stay with the fact. This battle was a little too challenging for the attacker - Its the concept of trying to keep everyone happy, impossible but still trying.

One of the best things about this tournament is the difficulty and the variety. Don't try to hard to make it easier for us :) It's OK to have a tough battle mixed in with more straight forward ones. Those tend to be the ones with the widest spread in the results which I think is a good thing for this kind of tournament.
Says the one German who apparently did well...LMAO.... yeah I agree with you actually. I cant wait to see AARs on this, and how it could change from battle to battle. I have a pretty clear idea how Germans would have to be used to get momentum and penetration...but thats always hindsight

Says the one German who apparently did well...LMAO.... yeah I agree with you actually.
Yeah OK. I get it but if you look at my history I have said similar things when I'm on the loosing end too. Honestly I was totally shocked to end up doing that well. At the 6min mark I feared I would not even clear the second trench and my gains would be pushed back by the US reinforcements. All that time I still felt that way :D

Well
Yeah OK. I get it but if you look at my history I have said similar things when I'm on the loosing end too. Honestly I was totally shocked to end up doing that well. At the 6min mark I feared I would not even clear the second trench and my gains would be pushed back by the US reinforcements. All that time I still felt that way :D
Well I cant wait to see how you did it! Good job!

Final turns exchanged between @JTimo and myself. Just waiting to see the results of our last turn and final score, but JT played this battle really well and deserves a big victory and the points.

The 9th match just completed.

JTimo has done a great job as the German and has posted a true winning score as the Germans also.
He slides into second place

Top Four Germans so far are
Canadian Cat, JTimo, Mirekm61, and then Bleskaceq

Top Four Americans
Sspoom then Kgpanther, dkchapuis and Cargol

Two battles left, Horza Omanid will likely get a USA win

Leaving Meat Etr's battle as the final result to see where things lie for the last couple of teams
And its a nightmare fight.

So, it appears we will be wrapped up in a week.

So you all can start looking for the match ups and finial Round 5 files being sent out in about a week as this one wraps up.

Already message MeatEtr and Slysniper, but thought to post here too: yes I had to step out unfortunately :|.

Work has been a bitch for quite some time now, I had to do some prevention to prevent curing. I was hoping to pick up the game again after 2 week off (which just finished) but I think now it is more wise to refrain from it for the time being instead of risking being overburdened (again).

Sorry for the delays and feel bad I couldn't finish the great game against @MeatEtr in another great tournament by @SlySniper , but I have to accept and listen to my intuition I guess.

Good luck with the remainder of the tournament all! I hope to pick up CM PBEM again in the not too distant future.

I will step in for him starting today, hopefully we might see him back here at some point.
He is in a tough situation, I hope it works out for him, but no question something has to change, he cannot continue on the present path he is doing.
Some Upper management types can be demons, he appears to be working for such.
Fortunately I can add that they aren't really demons, probably more like the usual higher ups being drunk of victory busy drawing moves on the strategic (and more and more political) chess board. 'Those nagging operational problems will just have to sort themselves' is probably the worst crime I can blame them for, in a growing organization and a market (at least here) where experienced IT personnel is impossible to source if you're not Google or sumfink.

The understanding is, however, much appreciated. (y)

PS One positive thing of this all is that my 'sportive' condition has improved rather significantly. While it was never really 'bad' it wasn't always great and covid consequences didn't help, but over the last year I've picked up some 'commando' ;-) style bootcamp speedmarch training (although with less weight in the pack :) ) as a form of 'unwinding'.
For the stupid loyal worker I probably am, that also works wonders when motivation is down the drain and allows me to implement my sigline stolen from F. Foch's acclaimed report to Joffre in September 1914: 'My front is failing, right flank retreating; situation excellent: I'm attacking!' :)

My final file has been sent. Just waiting to receive the final minute of action so I can see the end screen, but for all real purposes, we are finished. Very much excited to see the end results, and how we stacked up against everyone else.

Back