Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round Four

Al's not the only one. Summer weekends are family time in my household, and now I'm moving as well. That and I'm pretty slow, particularly when you give me more than just a few units. Now up to file 38.

Al's not the only one. Summer weekends are family time in my household, and now I'm moving as well. That and I'm pretty slow, particularly when you give me more than just a few units. Now up to file 38.
Good luck with the move, JT. We moved last Monday and are finally feeling settled. Plenty of trips to the dump with all the junk we’ve accumulated since the last move! And now camping this weekend. My wife’s a schoolteacher and has itchy feet when she has her long summer breaks, hence the number of holidays we’ve been on recently!

Plenty of trips to the dump with all the junk we’ve accumulated since the last move!
Last move, for us, was 35 years ago. Raised 3 kids in this house, and yes all of their junk is still here. Hoping to see light at the end of that tunnel before we make settlement on the new house. :(

My wife’s a schoolteacher and has itchy feet when she has her long summer breaks, hence the number of holidays we’ve been on recently!

Was a school teacher myself, the first 10 yrs out of college. Spent my summer vacations on the Jersey shore. Now, my brother and I share a summer house, we inherited, in Cape May (bottom of New Jersey). We and our families spend most of our summer weekends there. I'm not a camper, unless camping out on the beach counts. :) :cool:

Hope you are enjoying the camping trip.

I'm not a camper, unless camping out on the beach counts. :) :cool:
I’ve realised I’m not a camper either! The weather was foul, the communal showers were grim. I could’ve done all the BBQing in the comfort of my back garden and slept in my own bed

The brutality of R4 just cranked up a notch.

When I lived in the Western United States I loved camping, I would go back country as deep as I could get. Normally a week at a time.

In the Eastern united States, It sucks.

There is about 4 weeks a year here when the weather is nice for camping , now trying to time it when you actually go is another problem.

I’ve realised I’m not a camper either! The weather was foul, the communal showers were grim. I could’ve done all the BBQing in the comfort of my back garden and slept in my own bed

The brutality of R4 just cranked up a notch.
We're off to the Lake District next week for our first family camp. Weather is probably going to be crap but we've gone with a National Trust campsite as they reputedly have excellent shower and bathroom facilities. Apparently the showers have under-floor heating!

When I lived in the Western United States I loved camping, I would go back country as deep as I could get. Normally a week at a time.

In the Eastern united States, It sucks.

There is about 4 weeks a year here when the weather is nice for camping , now trying to time it when you actually go is another problem.
Not to mention depending where you live - you have to douse yourself in permetherin and worry about deer ticks

Last edited:
in the US, the ones I have see are close to national parks. Basically instead of sleeping in a cabin at a campground, you are in a very nice waterproof canvas tent. King sized bed. Desk. Wood burning stove. The campsite has nice showers and toilets, although not in the tents.

I’m sure there are different varieties - but that is my experience with it.

Glamping be like...

hkEJkUX.png

9 minutes left on the game between myself and @JTimo. He’s playing this one to perfection. My GI’s are being murdered! I’m just hoping that I can actually hold out for 9 more minutes……..

Sorry if we’re holding everyone else up.

Back