Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Slitherine Tournament - Will you be the ultimate Horse Lord?

So I am very close to winning my second game, but also quite possibly about to be beat. It all hinges on whether one of my Elephant units can hang in there until a Cataphract unit gets there to help. My pikes have been fantastic all game. Right now they are in squares just holding the center, much like controlling the center of a chess board. Because of the location of our remaining units, my opponent has to go through them with heavy cav. Still, there is a chance I get snowballed if that Elephant goes down. I am only up 6%.

This tournament has 94 players. Of the 47 Round 1 matches, 18 games are still in progress.
With that in mind FGM members ranked to date as follows:
Round 1 ends and Round 2 starts Tuesday 26-Feb-2019. Wish us luck!

With all the games I've been playing lately, I feel like I've improved quite a bit in the 11 days since round 1 started.

@Nelson1812 - Gosh, Archie, the way you're smokin' your Round 2 opponent at 148-12 makes me think you don't need much practice! I on the other hand need all the help I can get. I'm really struggling with the tournament maps as unsuitable for horse armies. I'm starting to second guess everything I do. My Round 2 performance has been dire. :shocknaz:

I would enjoy another Round 3 practice mirror match. Thank you for offering. Would you mind setting it up? :cheerso:

Thoughts on Slitirine's Horse Lords FOGII tournament. o_O

After two rounds, kudos to @Nelson1812 for placing in the Top 20. @Wellsonian is leading what looks like a bitter tooth and nails match so far. For myself, I believe my role there is to elevate the scores of others. More truthfully, if ancient battles usually occurred where both sides consented to meet, I thought the maps were crap for Horse Army encounters. Ruminating further, if this tournament had been my first FOGII H2H experience, I would be unenamored with FOGII PBEM play. Which is a very roundabout way of saying that I am very grateful to have FGM as my primary venue for H2H games.
I especially applaud @Rico and @Wellsonian for organizing their own very satisfying tournaments for us to play. :cheerso:

Meanwhile, I now wonder whether Last Place Horse Lord is an achievable goal for me . . . :unsure:

After two rounds, kudos to @Nelson 1812 for placing in the Top 20. @Wellsonian is leading what looks like a bitter tooth and nails match so far. For myself, I believe my role there is to elevate the scores of others. More truthfully, if ancient battles usually occurred where both sides consented to meet, I thought the maps were crap for Horse Army encounters. Ruminating further, if this tournament had been my first FOGII H2H experience, I would be unenamored with FOGII PBEM play. Which is a very roundabout way of saying that I am very grateful to have FGM as my primary venue for H2H games.
I especially applaud @Rico and @Wellsonian for organizing their own very satisfying tournaments for us to play. :cheerso:

Meanwhile, I now wonder whether Last Place Horse Lord is an achievable goal for me . . . :unsure:

Playability and fun are cardinal #1 rules in our FGM tourneys and campaigns! (y)

<snipped>

Wonder of wonders, this goal is achievable. I as the 92nd ranked player am matched with the 93rd ranked player. We hold the lowest seed. The race to the bottom begins!! :love:
Meanwhile, congratulations @Nelson1812 on being in the top 20. Good luck to you and @Wellsonian in round Three. May we do FGM proud! :cheerso:

Wonder of wonders, this goal is achievable. I as the 92nd ranked player am matched with the 93rd ranked player. We hold the lowest seed. The race to the bottom begins!! :love:
Meanwhile, congratulations @Nelson1812 on being in the top 20. Good luck to you and @Wellsonian in round Three. May we do FGM proud! :cheerso:

I’m a little irritated at my last opponent. I felt like I was about to unleash a big victory in both games, and he was at the breaking point. Then the turns stopped coming. Only two in the last 5 days or so from him and we didn’t finish. Interesting timing is all I will say. Two more turns and both would have been routs.