Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Slitherine Tournament - Will you be the ultimate Horse Lord?

Think I getting hammered in all games at the moment!
Anybody want to go on to round 3!

Badger73... looks like we heading to an early spring. (20C forecast next week!)

Ooh, ooh, pick me . . .
I'm really struggling with how to pick Round 2 armies. I'd enjoy jumping into Round 3 with you. It'll give me something to do in my snowbound cabin . . . :2charge:

So I am very close to winning my second game, but also quite possibly about to be beat. It all hinges on whether one of my Elephant units can hang in there until a Cataphract unit gets there to help. My pikes have been fantastic all game. Right now they are in squares just holding the center, much like controlling the center of a chess board. Because of the location of our remaining units, my opponent has to go through them with heavy cav. Still, there is a chance I get snowballed if that Elephant goes down. I am only up 6%.

This tournament has 94 players. Of the 47 Round 1 matches, 18 games are still in progress.
With that in mind FGM members ranked to date as follows:
Round 1 ends and Round 2 starts Tuesday 26-Feb-2019. Wish us luck!

With all the games I've been playing lately, I feel like I've improved quite a bit in the 11 days since round 1 started.

@Nelson1812 - Gosh, Archie, the way you're smokin' your Round 2 opponent at 148-12 makes me think you don't need much practice! I on the other hand need all the help I can get. I'm really struggling with the tournament maps as unsuitable for horse armies. I'm starting to second guess everything I do. My Round 2 performance has been dire. :shocknaz:

I would enjoy another Round 3 practice mirror match. Thank you for offering. Would you mind setting it up? :cheerso:

Thoughts on Slitirine's Horse Lords FOGII tournament. o_O

After two rounds, kudos to @Nelson1812 for placing in the Top 20. @Wellsonian is leading what looks like a bitter tooth and nails match so far. For myself, I believe my role there is to elevate the scores of others. More truthfully, if ancient battles usually occurred where both sides consented to meet, I thought the maps were crap for Horse Army encounters. Ruminating further, if this tournament had been my first FOGII H2H experience, I would be unenamored with FOGII PBEM play. Which is a very roundabout way of saying that I am very grateful to have FGM as my primary venue for H2H games.
I especially applaud @Rico and @Wellsonian for organizing their own very satisfying tournaments for us to play. :cheerso:

Meanwhile, I now wonder whether Last Place Horse Lord is an achievable goal for me . . . :unsure:

After two rounds, kudos to @Nelson 1812 for placing in the Top 20. @Wellsonian is leading what looks like a bitter tooth and nails match so far. For myself, I believe my role there is to elevate the scores of others. More truthfully, if ancient battles usually occurred where both sides consented to meet, I thought the maps were crap for Horse Army encounters. Ruminating further, if this tournament had been my first FOGII H2H experience, I would be unenamored with FOGII PBEM play. Which is a very roundabout way of saying that I am very grateful to have FGM as my primary venue for H2H games.
I especially applaud @Rico and @Wellsonian for organizing their own very satisfying tournaments for us to play. :cheerso:

Meanwhile, I now wonder whether Last Place Horse Lord is an achievable goal for me . . . :unsure:

Playability and fun are cardinal #1 rules in our FGM tourneys and campaigns! (y)

<snipped>

Wonder of wonders, this goal is achievable. I as the 92nd ranked player am matched with the 93rd ranked player. We hold the lowest seed. The race to the bottom begins!! :love:
Meanwhile, congratulations @Nelson1812 on being in the top 20. Good luck to you and @Wellsonian in round Three. May we do FGM proud! :cheerso:

Wonder of wonders, this goal is achievable. I as the 92nd ranked player am matched with the 93rd ranked player. We hold the lowest seed. The race to the bottom begins!! :love:
Meanwhile, congratulations @Nelson1812 on being in the top 20. Good luck to you and @Wellsonian in round Three. May we do FGM proud! :cheerso:

I’m a little irritated at my last opponent. I felt like I was about to unleash a big victory in both games, and he was at the breaking point. Then the turns stopped coming. Only two in the last 5 days or so from him and we didn’t finish. Interesting timing is all I will say. Two more turns and both would have been routs.

Back