Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Within the first few turns, the once peaceful village of Sonnino has been transformed into a heap of rubble. Have the Axis force no mercy? I hadn't had time to evacuate the children from tho orphanage! The fiends!
Sonn 2.JPG

The Allied attack at Ponte Galliano is off to a slow start. As soon as the Capetown Highlanders began moving on H-Hour a withering mortar barrage began to fall all along the entire line of advance. Causalities are already streaming to the Battalion surgeon at the field hospital!
PG2 1.JPG

After @Rico's withering mortar barrage and laying a smoke screen so thick my forward troops can't see beyond a few meters, an eerie silence covers the Sonnino battlefield. I only have intermittent sound contacts of enemy forces drawing nearer. Weapons are checked, and then double checked. "This will be a close fight boys, give Jerry hell"!
Sonn 5.JPG

Allied troops continue their advance at Ponte Galliano after a "welcoming" message of shrapnel from German mortar fire.
This scout section is cautiously creeping up to a known enemy position.
PG2 2.JPG

This entire squad was lost to mortar fire. They had picked a safe position near tall brick walls and a few stone buildings, but that didn't help when a round fell straight on their heads!
PG2 3.JPG

The Allied attack on Ponte Galliano has been a rough go! An almost constant rolling barrage of mortar fire has been raining on my Pixeltruppen. Causalities continue to mount.
PG2 6.JPG
If you ever wondered what Combat Mission would look like set in World War 1...
PG2 7.JPG
Bad day for this German tank crew. 17 pound AT gun at work!
Sonn 6.JPG

Both battles actually not going too well ... MG's can't seem to hit anything once again ... and in Ponte Galliano my troops keep abandoning their foxholes after a few rounds fired at them and the retreating towards the enemy several times now.

Tried something different with trading some firepower in medium mortars for useless infantry ... but in both battles now have fire missions delayed ... dunno why, even though using TRP's.

Spotters not disrupted... sigh.

but in both battles now have fire missions delayed ... dunno why, even though using TRP's.

If you're doing a line mission and one of the end points is not at a TRP, the mission will get a delay. Maybe that's what is happening here.

I was wondering why you keep setting out fox holes for my guys to occupy! My Pixeltruppen appreciate the beer and bread left behind. If it is a consolation, I am taking a fair amount of causalities at Ponte Galliano from the never ending mortars. And your Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar is reducing the village to rubble (along with a few on my men)

Jeez ... here we go again :shocknaz: ... I have enemy infantry running in open fields 50 metres in front of me with impunity through my hvy MG42 fire... enemy hit the ground and then take out my guys with a few shots (who are in cover) with regularity.... together with what looks like a foxhole bug of everybody abandoning them after a few enemy rounds go past ... sigh.

Last edited:
Back