Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Things are grim indeed for the German defenders at Ravello. Allied forces have crossed the open fields and are mopping up any remaining enemy forces hiding in the treeline.
Rav 8.JPG

I'm not usually impressed with the accuracy of the PIAT, but this shot (which did kill this Stug) hit right on the rear deck of a moving target at 161m!
Rav 9.JPG

Doesn't get more "point blank" in tank combat than this engagement at Persano. After a low, but solid flank hit on the reversing enemy tank, the Sherman commander took a few seconds to machine gun some of the fleeing crew members.
Per 6.JPG

Doesn't get more "point blank" in tank combat than this engagement at Persano. After a low, but solid flank hit on the reversing enemy tank, the Sherman commander took a few seconds to machine gun some of the fleeing crew members.
View attachment 19838

LOL ... I am down to watching the replay and send back turn ... no one left to move or do anything except die where they stand.

Frustrating ... two good hits on your armour, no disabling damage.

Anyway, I think I'll call it a day with this campaign now -- the QB format does not work with the American forces as everything is dirt cheap for them, they will just steamroller with sheer numbers.

This was a Probe and Axis were nearly outnumbered 3:1 in manpower by veteran US units -- if I had bought any fortifications or another AT gun or more mortars or so, I'd be outnumbered 4:1. (attack would be even worse) ... and light German MG's being once again mostly useless vs the super-powered Garands ... AT guns get spotted in seconds without getting a shot off...

So, while the battles against the Brits/Commonwealth are somewhat competitive, against US forces it's an exercise in one-sided futility.

Battles have been fun -- but in context of a campaign, US units can just walk all over the map winning every battle hands down and there is little Axis defenders can do to stop them.

Last edited:
So, while the battles against the Brits/Commonwealth are somewhat competitive, against US forces it's an exercise in one-sided futility.

I agree, the Americans are very cheap.

I agree, the American units do come with some powerful and accurate technology. I tried to vary my purchases to have a good mix of options to use. You can't fault me for using the firepower available though.

I might be mistaken, but I thought the Americans had lots of artillery and aircraft only.

Pixeltruppen in the smoke at Ravello.
View attachment 19775

I really like this screenshot. (y)

@Rico do you think a campaign on the eastern front in this mold would be more balanced?

Germans vs Soviets is very much a quality vs quantity theme and I feel, all other things being equal, both sides have a fair chance at winning a given engagement if using the forces they have in the correct manner.

Germans are a scalpel, Soviets are a sledgehammer.

@Rico do you think a campaign on the eastern front in this mold would be more balanced?

Germans vs Soviets is very much a quality vs quantity theme and I feel, all other things being equal, both sides have a fair chance at winning a given engagement if using the forces they have in the correct manner.

Germans are a scalpel, Soviets are a sledgehammer.

Might be the next version of this to test ... the system seems to work pretty ok.

I might be mistaken, but I thought the Americans had lots of artillery and aircraft only.

The US generally has the best of everything, apart from heavy tanks and infantry AT. Most of the weapons in the game are modelled accurately (arguably with the exception of SMGs and the LMG 42), but I think the pricings of many US assets are often a bit lower than they should be.

Last edited:
Back