Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Thanks. Odd design decision to be honest.
Applies to infantry ... tanks can barge through, although with increased chances of bogging down.

Hanving been in vineyards, I can attest that it would be quite difficult to move against the grain of the lines of thick grape vines... the plants and the trellises and wires they are strung along.

Applies to infantry ... tanks can barge through, although with increased chances of bogging down.

Hanving been in vineyards, I can attest that it would be quite difficult to move against the grain of the lines of thick grape vines... the plants and the trellises and wires they are strung along.

In my experience CMFI vineyards are almost guaranteed to immobilize vehicles. @Kraut found out the hard way in our last PBEM. I did learn that lesson a couple of years ago. I never ever order my vehicles in vineyards. The LOS and LOF through them is also tricky for infantry in my experience.

Interesting AI interactions at Ponte Galliano again. @Rico and my troops are getting point blank to eachother on this flank and just sitting there for 15-20 seconds before noticing the enemy and shooting. Weird.

Sir, do you see any enemy? Nein, nothing!
PG 11.JPG

Tough decision on who's the lowest ranking man to attempt to run through the gateway this time!
PG 12.JPG

My set-up and NVIDIA settings-

Processor: Intel i7-8700 3.70GHz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Screen Resolution: 3840 X 2160

Just tweaked a few NVIDA settings this morning. This shot is from CMRT, but I just use the same settings for all my CM games
Red Thunder NVIDIA Settings.JPG

My CMFI Z folder
Fortress Italy MODs.JPG

My set-up and NVIDIA settings-

Processor: Intel i7-8700 3.70GHz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Screen Resolution: 3840 X 2160

Just tweaked a few NVIDA settings this morning. This shot is from CMRT, but I just use the same settings for all my CM games
View attachment 19104

My CMFI Z folder
View attachment 19105

Sure does look nice! Think the 4k resolution and 4x AA are in a large part responsible for the screens looking that crisp.
How is performance with all the mods? I have a similar setup (i-7 7700k, 1080 GTX, 16GB, EVO m.2 ssd, 2560x1440) and I downloaded and installed Ithikials mod pack in CMBN. While it does look great, I think there is quite some performance loss and extra redraws. I don't need 60fps for CM games, but for CMFI and CMFB, which look better out of the box, I'm hesitant to stuff them with mods.
Red Thunder is a bit in between I guess.

Some reshade can also do wonders; I think CMSF2 looks much better with a reshade profile I found at BFC forum, while there is no measurable performance hit.

I'll check into the re-shade MODs. I'll check my FPS, but I haven't noticed performance issues. Plus, running as turn based it's usually not an issue. I start/stop so many times during a playback it seems like I do frame-by-frame sometimes LOL

Ok, thanks. Also feel that with turn based performance is less of an issue, or CM in general compared to lets say an FPS. But I did notice it, mainly the redraws. In the field warrior tournament AAR I posted some CMSF2 screens with and without reshade, so you can see the difference.
Only thing I don't like about reshade is that it also affects the colors of icons and movement paths, etc. But it can be toggled with shift-F12 so not a real biggie. Also, setting up the profile to tune it to your wishes can be much work and probably needs a different profile per CM game.
Unless, you can just use someone else's profile, which I did :).

If you can, send me or post some reshade info. I'd like to give it a try.

Even though my Pixeltruppen were fleeing back into the woods, they were mindful to toss a grenade at the Germans along the way!
PG 14.JPG

The Axis presses their assault at Ponte Galliano. Look at @Rico, using his Pixeltruppen like real troops in urban combat!
View attachment 19120

Nice to see good use of hand grenades all round ... could use a few more access holes in the walls for assault purposes, but "someone" forgot to pack some assault teams when he re-jigged the force selection ... and thought, "hey, I'll use my Tiger's 88 to blow holes into the walls"... well, you know what they say about those well-laid plans...

Back