Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Inflicting some Axis causalities at Campignola before I send more troops forward. Nothing like a little HE to ruin an infantryman's day!
Camp 5.JPG

Oh, I hate these things!
Camp 6.JPG

A medic tends to the wounded mortar platoon lieutenant while his radio operator provides security.
Camp 7.JPG

Meanwhile, at Capracotta, it looks like @Rico has maximized his budget to send in a butt load of Pixeltruppen! Angriff!!
C2 8.JPG

Last edited:
This Vickers machine gun crew is holding the line at Capracotta.
C2 defenders.JPG

American infantry under fire as they maneuver through the vineyards at Campignola. Damn nuisance!
Camp under fire 1.JPG

Attachments

• C2 defenders.JPG
    C2 defenders.JPG
    975.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Inflicting some Axis causalities at Campignola before I send more troops forward. Nothing like a little HE to ruin an infantryman's day!
View attachment 19276

Oh, I hate these things!
View attachment 19277

A medic tends to the wounded mortar platoon lieutenant while his radio operator provides security.
View attachment 19278

Meanwhile, at Capracotta, it looks like @Rico has maximized his budget to send in a butt load of Pixeltruppen! Angriff!!
View attachment 19279

After being usually outnumbered on the infantry front in these battles, decided to try the "human wave" approach ... also trying to keep my attacking infantry on the move to avoid those pesky direct fire mortars to zero in on my Landsers ... so far, so good(ish)...

CAPRACOTTA ... StuG IV giving valuable fire support to advancing grenadiers...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-06-12 16-13-29-364.jpg

Grenadiers from Kampfgruppe Steiner catching their breath before continuing their advance on the objective on the rise ... while tank fire support softens up the enemy defenders silhouetted on the horizon.

CM Fortress Italy 2020-06-12 16-14-46-055.jpg

Achtung! Enemy Pak sneakily lurking amongst the olive trees!

CM Fortress Italy 2020-06-12 16-37-12-614.jpg

Last edited:
Allied view at Capracotta. Shows the deceptive openness of the battlefield. The low areas between the lines is a difficult LOS to cover!
C2 10.JPG
If this sniper and his spotter survive or take out several Grenadiers before being blasted into oblivion, I want to nominate them for an accommodation for heroism! They have stayed in their position, defending my left flank.
C2 9.JPG

A new German threat has finally presented itself at the battle of Campignola.
Camp 8.JPG
Fun fact, if grapevines are in your way, just drive a tank through them! Knocks them down, lets hope I don't get bogged!
Camp 9.JPG

A moment of reflection and remembrance for SGT Lopez, Joseph M. A squad leader at the battle of Campignola. Horrified by the total loss of his squad from German MG fire and mortar rounds, SGT Lopez continued to fight, conducting a one man reconnaissance to locate the bastards who killed his men. Sadly, he was severely wounded by a mortar round and never extracted his revenge.
Camp 10.JPG

Yep. Moved the M8 from its safe side on that building to the other side, thinking I could engage more targets. It took a tank round right in the front of the turret!

A direct hit (finally) with a PIAT at Capracotta. This shot was at about 76m and after a few over and under missed attempts. Not the most accurate weapon. Not sure if the Stug is knocked out, but I'm sure that hit got their attention.
C2 13.JPG

A direct hit (finally) with a PIAT at Capracotta. This shot was at about 76m and after a few over and under missed attempts. Not the most accurate weapon. Not sure if the Stug is knocked out, but I'm sure that hit got their attention.
View attachment 19399

Your screen shots are amazingly sharp. Are you able to capture video at 4K as well?

Back