Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The King Is Dead -- FOG II mini campaign (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing pretty badly to the Scots so we can put it down as a loss already if necessary. I'm slow on turns, sorry guys.

My elbows are flapping like a chicken but they're not broken, yet
10 turns left, I might last another 3 or 4

Screen_00000070.jpg

The Scots knew they were no match for the Anglo Saxon heavy infantry in open terrain, so using their light and medium foot they swiftly moved onto the rough terrain covering the hills in the centre of the map. The lack of Anglo Saxon skirmishers forced the southerners to make a tough decision...to either stand at the bottom of the hills getting peppered with arrows and javelins or to attack into the difficult terrain where their tight formations would be broken up by the uneven ground and the gaps exposed by the looser formed Scottish foot.

This was a Scottish victory 40 - 8

View attachment 27901

The Scots knew they were no match for the Anglo Saxon heavy infantry in open terrain, so using their light and medium foot they swiftly moved onto the rough terrain covering the hills in the centre of the map. The lack of Anglo Saxon skirmishers forced the southerners to make a tough decision...to either stand at the bottom of the hills getting peppered with arrows and javelins or to attack into the difficult terrain where their tight formations would be broken up by the uneven ground and the gaps exposed by the looser formed Scottish foot.

This was a Scottish victory 40 - 8
That was a doozy of a map to fight on...LOL

Last result in -- the Anglo-Saxon attempt to recapture NORTHUMBRIA ends in defeat against the Scots.

Final result is a DRAW between the Scots and Angol-Saxons, each end campaign with 1 point.

Anglo-Saxons: +2 points for controlling Cumbria & Wales, minus 1 point for loss of Northumbria.

Scots: +1 point for controlling Northumbria

Welsh & Vikings -- eliminated from play

-------------------------------------------------------

This concludes our little campaign -- hope everybody had fun playing it.

king is dead TURN 5bbb.jpg

TURN 5 ATTACKS:

ANGLO-SAXONS:
NORTHUMBRIA - @chiquichops vs @Josey Wales -- Anglo-Saxon Defeat (-38%)

SCOTS: CUMBRIA - @Nathangun vs @Bootie -- Scottish Defeat (-23%)

VIKINGS: (no attack)

WELSH: (no attack)

Guys-- check out my new FOG II mini campaign -- basically same simple rules format -- but this time: ROMANS!!

Great fun all round. Thank you all for the tourney, @Rico you are a star.
I was out celebrating México independence day, hence the previous message but a heartfelt thanks to all of you guys for being such good opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back