Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ultimate Admirals:Dreadnoughts

All great screen captures, although the battle appears to be fought at twilight or dawn.
Yeah, I just noticed that I could barely see the screens on my laptop while I was working in sunlight. However, on my game PC monitor I don't have the issue. I guess it was dawn indeed.

Debbie Downer here.
Just from watching the You Tube videos I'm already suffering a bit from been-there-done-that syndrome.
For me, I can see it wouldn't take long for repetition boredom to set it. Maybe if they are "my" ships I might be more interested in the battles. For now it seems like a lot of sailing around without hitting anything until they eventually get within rock throwing range.
I think the best part may be playing around with the ship build capability. Even then there seems to be some issues as several You Tubers were unable to recreate real ships to real life specs. I mean, wouldn't that sort of be the point in development?
I've moved on in war gaming to not playing anything that doesn't have some sort of campaign mode. Just playing a single battle gives me a "so what" feel whether I win or lose.
And there it is. The Campaign feature is coming, but at least another half-year or more. I am sure the game will be a lot different then.

Yeah, I am thinking the ACW game might be further along. I will be interested when they get a campaign in it though.

FWIW I haven't played this for a while (a year+). The campaign was fun, but buggy and continued updates reset my progress a few times although I managed to play out one or two IIRC. I got my moneys worth out of the game though, not every game is a CM which keeps interest over longer time.
Recently there have been a load of updates, so if the autumn/winter allows me some more PC gaming time I might have another go at this and start a new campaign.

This youtube channel has a lot of vids on the game, once in a while I check one of m:

There's a certain danger with channels specializing in one particular game, especially full-time 'Tubers.
They kinda have to keep liking the game the channel is based on, otherwise they lose their income.
Now, this is not to say that these channels can't be entertaining and/or truthful.
I have several channels favorites who are very vocal in their critique of a current patch, or what have you.
But generally speaking, there is an incentive for the content-creator to keep interest going in that particular game. If for no other reason, than it keeps people coming back to the channel for new tips.

Then again, I'm a cast-iron cynic. So keep that in mind as well.
Just....Caveat Emptor. :)

There's a certain danger with channels specializing in one particular game, especially full-time 'Tubers.
They kinda have to keep liking the game the channel is based on, otherwise they lose their income.
Now, this is not to say that these channels can't be entertaining and/or truthful.
I have several channels favorites who are very vocal in their critique of a current patch, or what have you.
But generally speaking, there is an incentive for the content-creator to keep interest going in that particular game. If for no other reason, than it keeps people coming back to the channel for new tips.

Then again, I'm a cast-iron cynic. So keep that in mind as well.
Just....Caveat Emptor. :)

True, fwiw I think the channel I mentioned was previously fed up with the game and came back because of views exactly. But he has more hours of video's about the game than I have in the game probably. There are few games that can keep my interest after having played through a campaign or two, depending on variety / replayability and how good it is. Or a couple of hundred of hours.

CM is one of those games, I guess the only one which have played for that long. But even then I get bored playing against the AI, how good a scenario/campaign is doesn't really matter anymore if it becomes too predictable than it can't keep my interest.

Anyway I thought the dreadnought campaign was interesting at the time I played it, although certainly not perfect. There is a lot of variety though. And with all the new update I am planning to revisit it in the future. As there were no updates on this game since the campaign came out I thought to share the experience.

Ideally I'll have a go at a time when no further updates are planned for the foreseeable future.

Back