Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Any heavy hitters out there ?????? Who's game??? I'll take anyone one on!!!!!

Check it out...You can pay 32 points for a P47 Thunderbolt and 35points for a P51 mustang. armed with 50cal's..
<snipped>

Just curious, what's the cost for equivalent Luftwaffe air craft for the date/time of your match?
Historically, @Titan's experience accurately reflects the military situation. But historical re-enactment of the Germans in 1945 doesn't make much fun for the Axis player (except maybe for those masochists among us . . . :eek:). Still, I think @Hapless played a brilliant game against a daunting opponent.

Just curious, what's the cost for equivalent Luftwaffe air craft for the date/time of your match?
Historically, @Titan's experience accurately reflects the military situation. But historical re-enactment of the Germans in 1945 doesn't make much fun for the Axis player (except maybe for those masochists among us . . . :eek:). Still, I think @Hapless played a brilliant game against a daunting opponent.

German Airpower would of been one of the FW190 Variants, cost was somewhere between 250-300....but the killer was rarity points i think kick in around 3k. Now compare that to a P47 at 30 odd points with a minimal rarity factor

It was a great match...And i didnt mind the Airpower as it was historical and i certainly appreciated alot more of what it must of been like operating in conditions like that.

The cheapest Luftwaffe pick at the time of our game (Jan 1945) is a strafing FW-190D9 for 198 points and 1584 rarity, at regular experience (my P47s were regular). That's obviously not as cheap as the Americans, but they do have 20mm cannons and if you're willing to use up much all your rarity in a huge meeting engagement you can cram 5 of them in. This restricts your armour choices somewhat, but that's a game of cost-benefit. Personally, I'd take at least one if I could, if only for shock value: nobody expects the Luftwaffe!

I think we might have to just agree to disagree as to the effectiveness of airpower : I've certainly played games as the Germans under the threat of Allied airpower where I've considered it as nothing more than a nuisance and I've had games where my own airpower has been a complete waste of points. That said, I have found airpower very rarely used by others in PBEMs, so maybe I'm just used to its limitations.

Just to be clear: no disrespect intended if taken- I suppose the "air force magic bullet" so beloved of cinema is one of my pet peeves. Titan did put up a hell of a fight: I lost about 40% casualties and had he not retreated from Objective June in literally the last few turns, I think the end result would have been a messy draw.

Hello,

It's about time that I try a H2H battle so why not do it full out with a so called "mirror session". I only have Final Blitzkrieg and although I prefer a bit larger to huge battle maps I guess some medium sized scenarios can have quite large maps too.

You can decide which scenario to play, make your first moves and send the save to me through email. If you want to make changes to an existing scenario that's ok by me. You can send me that edited scenario in the email together with the save.

The single player scenarios I have played are A December Morning, the three Courage Conquers scenarios and both Battle for Chaumont scenarios. So you could choose any other scenario but those to start with.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play every day. But if you're already have other opponents who keep you busy that should probably not be a bad thing.

BornGinger

You are on....Im going away for a few days so think about what settings you want. I prefer QB...If you want Huge i can do that also...Your call. If huge perhaps just a one off. So pick....Attack/Defence or Meeting engagement i dont mind....Allblacks take out the welsh anytime of year

You are on. I prefer QB. So pick Attack/Defence or Meeting engagement i dont mind. Allblacks take out the welsh anytime of year
So it seems you prefer not only QB but small, medium or large maps too. If I'm not completely wrong there are some rules when it comes to how many points to use to pick the units one want in a quick battle.

If you pick a map of your choice, an opponent and let me know the rules for a quick battle we can have a go at it as long as it's possible to play it by pbem.

@Titan just to let you know buddy... you´re next on my list. I have to get something right after my disasterous tournament game with you...:whistleo:

Just gotta finish some games, and than it´ll be you that gets scalped!:shootero::D

Back