Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA2 Members Screenshots

Three multiplayer missions, me and Bootie

1- After being pursued across country with bullets chasing us, we hole up in town as the sun sets and wait for chopper extraction...and wait...and wait, but we're overun by superior numbers before it arrives.
Here, Bootie engages enemy in the ville while I cover his back..
aa-ght.gif

2- In this mission on a hot dusty afternoon, we conduct a Humvee recce patrol deep into bandit country, me driving, and Bootie on the 50-cal inflicting a high body count on the enemy and we win the game-
aatyw.gif

3- In this one we're mujahideen advancing on a Russian outpost by moonlight, but the lack of night goggles hampers us and we lose the firefight..

aa-plw.gif

The soldier on the far left should get extra duty for dragging his weapons barrel in the frickin dirt!!!
Gers-map-afgh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The soldier on the far left should get extra duty for dragging his weapons barrel in the frickin dirt!!!

I believe those guys are wearing so-called "Manöverpatronengeräte" over their muzzles. Those are put over the muzzle when you're in training and shooting with training rounds (no idea what the English term is). Which is what this scene looks like - training.

For those of us who know how to use mods they are great fun and at times it is like playing a new game. I downloaded Operation Persian Hammer... a middle east war set in the mid 80's or early 90's. Im not sure about the accuracy of men/equipment but its bloody good fun.

I rounded up some prisoners.

arma2oa2010-10-2710-27-20-26.jpg

The airfield looking busy.

arma2oa2010-10-2710-28-10-50.jpg

One can't tell from one or two screens, but the equipment looks like early 90s alright. Can't wait for my OA toa rrive now that I got a new graphics card as well... :biggrin1:

ARROWHEAD: FIRETEAM POS IN ACTION, BTR60 ambush (Zargabad map)

1- The first of 3x AI BTR60's crests the rise at high speed-
FTpos2.gif

2- Whoosh, I open up with a MAAWS (Multi-role Antiarmour Antipersonnel Weapon System)-
FTpos3.gif

3- Scratch one flat top! A second BTR60 swerves round its blazing mate-
FTpos4.gif

4- Whoosh again, the glowing ball is my rockets exhaust as it flies towards the BTR-
FTpos5.gif

5- Boom, it detonates on the BTR. My bot mates also open up and wipe out a third BTR somewhere in the smoke.
FTpos6.gif

6- Fireteam POS closes in to finish off any wounded crewmen and gather trophies. Note the BTR on the right was holed but didn't catch fire, but its flat tyres stand testimony to the hammering it took-
FTpos1.gif

It was just a simple single-player mission I created in about 10 minutes flat.
I say 'simple' but I've played it a dozen times so far and the BTR's usually win, the big challenge is finding good firing positions for my 3-man fireteam, I've got about a mile of road to choose where to set up the ambush and it's almost like a staff college exercise, the trick is to find spots with good fields of fire AND good cover, bearing in mind the BTR's are going full speed like bats out of hell, and if you blink you'll miss them as they flash by. I gave them waypoints deep in my rear, and my job is to stop them breaking through.
And as my fireteam are AI dickhead bots there's also the extra challenge of kicking their butts to get them to perform like humans.
Each game lasts only about 12 mins and the addiction level is high, i keep saying to myself "right, just one more game", but it turns into one more..and one more...and one more..:)

A new BTR-60, they have a 3-man crew; commander, driver and gunner and they often grab their rifles and bail out of stricken vehicles so you've got a firefight on your hands.
FTpos7.gif

ARROWHEAD (Zargabad map): an AH-64J patrols the lush Zargabad valley-
AA-ZarvalleyB.jpg

Ha ha a wheelie..:)
Hey Bootie try disabling the "Post process effects" option in Video>Advanced to see if it reduces blur in the pics, it works a treat for me.

It started off ok.

Under the command of squad leader EoGwe cracked open a can of "Good Plan!"
We loaded up with the gear we thought we would need, putting some extras into the hummer ambulance we had at our disposal.

Our task was to patrol around the city,reaching in total about 5 checkpoints.
The plan was to have Bootie and Wigam up front, followed by EoG and then a good 100 meters behind, me the medic in the hummer.
By contact, i would hide the hummer and setup the mobile respawn point. Bootie and Wigam would take on the contact so we could take it from there.

I think we made it about 300 meters out of the base and down the road before we made our first contact.

After that; all hell broke lose! Lucky for us, we had a large tall building where we were able to pull back too and create ourselfs a stronghold.
The mobilerespawn point was just out front, but the insurgents where in numbers and flanking us.
A fierce fire fight ensued, with us getting almost overrun numerous times, and the insurgents launching flanking attack after flanking attack.

After that, we managed to continue with sporadic contact up to checkpointt 3.

All in all, a nice bit of intense action!
Once again, voice comms was proven unmissable with Wigam having to type everything.
And also a few times that Bootie had to run over to his position to make shure the poor chap was still awake!!
(New zealand was 4am!!)

I carry a wounded Earl of Grey to the safety of the stronghold​

arma6.jpg

After the main fight, dead bodies litter the area, note wigams remark! lol

arma5.jpg

Bootie poses with one of his 'prize's'

arma3.jpg

My score at the end reflects the intensity​

arma2.jpg
arma22.jpg

Back