Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA2 Members Screenshots

From my end, it was tough from thew outset. No mic and a high ping.

But all that aside it was a great game with some high points and some points like the others where I though this mission is way hard. had the "Blackhawk Down " comment come out a few times over the radio net as we weighed up our options.

The mission plan was simple enough but started to unravel from the first contact. 4 guys vs 2 squads who were both intent on flanking us. Plus some nasty snipers out there, taking us out when ever we found some high spot to give fire.

Earl of Grey on the roof top sniping at a squad on the hills

EOGRooftopSniper.jpg

Bodies of a squad that came at me while on the roof

Bodiesonthebattlefield.jpg

As i came down from the roof of death I was ambushed on the stairs and the boys came to carry me to safety came to my rescue

EOGfirstAid.jpg

And sadly further on at another checkpoint we are all hit by sniper fire

WigamDown.jpg

The call of Medic rang out again

firstAidonWigam.jpg

And as the pressure comes off Breaklight throws some smoke at Bootie on the roof top.

BreakingSmokingoutBootie.jpg

An assault up through that valley to hit a Taliban position, another nice find mate !! I love flying round too, I am trying to unlock more choppers to fly.

An assault up through that valley to hit a Taliban position, another nice find mate !! I love flying round too, I am trying to unlock more choppers to fly.

Just change your Armory points line to 50000 to unlock everything in the game..:)
I think there are several ways to do it, this is how they told me to do it at the Bohemia forum and it worked for me after a few tries-

In your Arma2 profile there is a line that records your Armory points, hence you spend time in there, complete challenges, etc... your points go up. This line can be edited to a high number so everything is unlocked all the time.
The problem however is that there is no line in the OA profile, so it must be added. Here is the steps necessary to set it up.
NOTE: you will need to create a custom profile if you have not done so, only a custom profile can be edited. Just open Arma2, click profile and create a new one. Repeat for OA if needed.
Open your Arma2 profile with note pad, you can find it in... My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles. Find the line that says armoryPoints & change the value to 50000, it should look like this;
armoryPoints=50000;
Now highlight this line and copy it, then click save & close.
Now open your OA profile, you will need to paste this line in the last section of code, just above the line that says difficultyMP="regular"; it will look like this below;

@POS Did you try to land the CH47 on the roof of the building site? We could have done with an extraction like that last weekend ;)

difficult?? well thats a challenge i cant resist!!!

Landed the bird first try with just keyboard and mouse, no Autohover involved! (cos i think thats gay! :p )

landing.jpg

Shure, in real life you'd probably rip her props off with that building at the rear

And otherwise, just hope you dont get Ground Resonance ...

Rooftop landings, piece o' cake..:)
There might be a bit of juddering if you clip something with your rotor tips, but you can ignore it if it's not too bad and plonk the crate down anyway.
As I mentioned earlier, landing on a sixpence is simple if you go to Auto-hover and leave it engaged as you gently nudge the chopper into position with the arrow keys, then hit the 'Z' descend key.
Trying to land manually like ace Breaklight is difficult because the chopper drifts with the wind and it takes time to work out which direction it's blowing from.
There ought to be an in-game wind direction indicator.

Building site..
AA-Site18.gif

The Villa..
AA-Villa17.gif

Now go try a combat assaut landing under fire... :tongue1:

I could spend so much time in this city. It must have taken ages to make.

FallujahMap.jpg

On the out skirts of the map there is a FOB, great place to defend or patrol out of.

FOBTower.jpg

Also the map of the city is huge, but has plenty of roads on, so some planting of IED's, or detecting the teams with some counter insurgency snipers.

FallujahM1A2Tusk.jpg

Like I said the map of the city is absolutely astounding. It must have taken ages, according to the guy who made it, it was 400 man hours worth of work and its still not quite finished.

FallujahAir.jpg

Absolutely but what a job this guy has done. Even if we never play on it I think you should go take a look for what its worth.

I think you might recognise this place. Just on a different map.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-47-24-65.jpg

A warehouse in the city. IED factory. lol.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-47-09-54.jpg

A gas station is marked on the map and so I went to take a look. Abandoned though.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-03-40-15.jpg

arma2OA2010-12-1822-04-52-37.jpg

I flew down the Euphrates River which runs along side the city.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-32-15-35.jpg

This is the dam which is a prominent feature on the map.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-11-42-79.jpg

And then took a wee dip.

arma2OA2010-12-1822-18-27-20.jpg

labeled the old bridge over the Euphrates

arma2OA2010-12-1822-33-28-76.jpg

And new

arma2OA2010-12-1822-34-07-96.jpg

Right here are my screen grabs. I was not the super soldier in the Scud launcher. lol.

arma2OA2010-12-1913-24-03-34.jpg

Inbound in out Helo

arma2OA2010-12-1912-06-50-96.jpg

This is our transport leaving us.

arma2OA2010-12-1912-43-18-98.jpg

Running to our target.

arma2OA2010-12-1913-04-25-21.jpg

arma2OA2010-12-1912-07-33-04.jpg

arma2OA2010-12-1911-46-56-29.jpg

arma2OA2010-12-1911-48-36-39.jpg

arma2OA2010-12-1911-44-03-43.jpg

And those textures are at least partly CMBO. :biggrin1: AndrewTF if I'm not mistaken.

Back