Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

I have, but you have to get your reputation up to a certain level.
I'm not sure exactly what level triggers it.
The nobles offered me contracts after I finished the "get to a dozen men " goal one game and in a different game it triggered after I gained a certain reputation level

Has anyone ever been able to get a contract with the Nobles? It always says my reputation is not good enough....

Yeah, you have to work at achieving enough "renown" for the noble houses to notice you.
Not sure what the level is, I think Iit may vary.
Getting a battle standard (and maybe also assigning a seargent) helps -- earning the 2000 crowns to be able to get a battle standard is quite a pain that early in the campaign.

Noble contracts pay well, but can be a double edged sword -- they often involve long traveling.
The long patrol one can be fun -- where you patrol roads between the towns owned by a noble house and kill and slaughter all enemies, bandits, orcs etc you run across. You get paid a small advance and a fee at the end plus get paid per head of slain enemies collected. It can pay handsomely, or be a complete dud. Have spent several days on the roads without contacts and food and coins running low as you continue to have to pay salaries.

Nort By Nortwest

picard_clapping.gif

The current festive season crew not looking too bad after about 130 days campaigning and the Orc invasion in full swing ... at least everybody in pretty good chain mail with a good supply of pikes, long axes and even a war bow, a two hander sword and a kick-ass battle axe...
although looking a little worse for wear after beating off a 12-strong orc young-goblin mixed horde and then a 15-strong "plethora" of orc young ... and this ON THE WAY to the contract to destroy the Orc Camp.
Haven't even got there yet, running out of tools and supplies (and the local border towns have run out of food and tools, so I have to trek back to a castle to restock) ... and just noticed that BOTH my pike men are now one-eyed wonders and useless in night battles... :(

Managing to maintain and rotate 17 to 18 men ... but worrying losses amongst veterans continue...

BattleBrothers 2018-01-01 12-26-08-445.jpg

BattleBrothers 2018-01-01 12-35-06-953.jpg

I noticed you put your bowmen in chainmail and helmets. Doesn't that affect their accuracy?

The helmets do a bit -- best head protection is a mail coif which doesn't affect vision.

Always try and armour up,my guys who don't carry shields as much as possible -- smart AI with good archers of crossbowmen will often target your archers and they don't live long -- have had quite a lot of bad luck with head shots taking them out.

In honor of his winning the ladder championship, I have given @Will S the most bad ass weapon in my entire company, a two handed war hammer! This bad boy cost me over 2500 crowns and can smash through armor like it was rice paper. Now don't die, or I'm gonna be pissed.

I do not know what is happening here, but as long as my name is attached to a winner its good! Carryon.

Back