Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Can I basically ignore the conflict entirely? Won't that make me "lose" the game?

So, here my merry (but often disgruntled) men accept a Noble contract to clear out a "greenskin" camp. I soon discover that they will be facing Goblins, so I immediately swap all "heater" shields for "kite" shields (except for poor old Meat Grinder...we were one shy).

My strategy against Goblins is different than against Orcs. Goblins are tricksy, use a lot of ranged fire, poisons, and nets. Best thing to do, IMO, is raise shields and slowly advance. Note that I haven't watched many BB videos on YT. I've learned most of this stuff the hard way, and with many reloads. My tactics are often not perfect. I see the mistakes I made when I watch these, just like you do. :)

Well, my mercs have been struggling to earn some coin, so after trying to avoid noble contracts for some days and running very low on cash I finally accepted a one without even bothering to read it (payment of 3800 coins totally blinded me lol). It turns out that I had to report to some Ser Nobody knight for a "big battle", which already gave me old flashbacks of being outnumbered 30 to 22...

My men march to the camp poorly equipped (140-110 armor) and are tasked with killing an enemy scout party (turns out to be an easy 6 man party) and then intercepting a supply caravan. "Oh boy, this should be easy" I say, as I travel to an ambush site... only to be ambushed by a 14 man strong raider party.

That was unpleasant, as even if my men played it safe their armor was utterly destroyed. I considered turning back for a friendly town for a moment, but there was no time, the 12 man strong supply caravan had almost reached its destination. The following battle was even more unpleasant, lost a veteran guy to bloodloss and had several injuries.

With the armor and weapons they looted the band returned to the camp, recruiting a caravan hand on the way to fill the gap. With their gear in a less than ideal situation (and no tools to speak of) the battle event pops up, I pray for a good matchup and press "to battle!".

The following image is the state of the band some days after battle, it was a fair 24v26, and managed to snipe their braindead arbalesters quite early. Overall the battle was not too hard, and only a couple of guys got badly beaten up. All the heavy armor you see I got from that particular battle, and can now say I have stepped up the game just by a lucky strike. The new guy (lower right) is the one struggling now, as expected.
20180922013832_1.jpg

19500 crowns?? ... that's quite a stash.

Well, yeah, I don't ever buy armor or weapons, I loot it all using daggers. I now have around 10000 from recruiting a hedge knight to replace my level 11 caravan hand spear tank that died recently. The knight has no traits what so ever (my bad luck, first top tier bro I recruit ever in my playthroughs), but have made him a frontline 2 hander, since I already have another 2 spear tanks and a semi-tank flail bro. But not all is bad, as I have recently managed to adquire 2 unique equipment pieces.

I tend to stash money for those retreats that maul all your bros. As I don't have anyone in reserve, I usually spend a lot of money on temples.

Well, yeah, I don't ever buy armor or weapons, I loot it all using daggers. I now have around 10000 from recruiting a hedge knight to replace my level 11 caravan hand spear tank that died recently. The knight has no traits what so ever (my bad luck, first top tier bro I recruit ever in my playthroughs), but have made him a frontline 2 hander, since I already have another 2 spear tanks and a semi-tank flail bro. But not all is bad, as I have recently managed to adquire 2 unique equipment pieces.

I tend to stash money for those retreats that maul all your bros. As I don't have anyone in reserve, I usually spend a lot of money on temples.

I've never recruited anyone over level 2. Don't you get to pick their "perks"?

Don't you get to pick their "perks"?
Yes, if you recruit a level 4 hedge knight for example you will be able to roll for his stats and select perks as if he had already leveled up 4 times. The main difference between high tier and low tier brothers is that their base stats tend to improve as the tier goes up. What means that at level 11 if you compare two brothers (one hedge knight and the other a farmhand) that you specked into the same roles, the hedge knight will be more proficient (excluding star stat level ups that influence that comparison). Also, they usually pack good gear with them, which is nice.

ferengi-news-random-rule-of-acquisition-02.jpg

Back