Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

What a goal by Tony Kroos to win the game for Germany against Sweden, although I think the goalkeeper should have been trying to stop that shot with his left hand and not his right.

Today...
pe0ijNe.png

DRzqT9D.png

FfvNWiF.png

What a good game Belgium plays!!

I was sitting with the wife and said Germany are gonna score here... and right enough!!

.......And I with my son.......just knew it was going to fly in.

Modern goalkeepers need to be taught how to defend crosses properly.

Steve

Just watched the Portugal v Iran game.
What started out as quite entertaining turned into a joke.
Some of those players should be ashamed of themselves, and the referee made some errors of judgement which were incomprehensible.

A bad advert for football.

Steve

I'm starting to really hate this whole VAR-thing. Granted that some decision are good, but it still seems arbitrary when VAR is used or not. And it provokes players to complain to the ref even more (was it even possible?) and there are breaks in the flow of the game.
Scrap it!

Australia out but no one here is really surprised.

There hasn't been that enthusiasm there was back in 2006 when we acually qualified for the first time in decades. That World Cup had a whole country staying up to watch games at 2am in the morning across public parks and in the streets - and to actually win a game at that Cup was a national celebration. (Came back from behind to beat Japan). This time it was more a formality - no magic. Only the 'soccer' tragics are zealously interested.

So Germany are out after being beaten 2-0 by South Korea.
The German missed some gilt edged chances and South Korea took theirs, especially at the end when Neuer lost possession and the ball was thumped forward into an empty half for the South Korean player to gallop on to and gleefully tap the ball into an empty net.

That will get folks talking.

Steve

Back