Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

My range had a big grass fire that the police said was started by tracers. They were amped up and looking to make some arrests. Then they discovered that the US Coast Guard did it by firing M240 machine guns with tracers. All the anger dried up. Governments cannot make mistakes, you see. Nor should they have to pay for them.

LOL!

I actually prefer the indoor range over the gun club range for pistol shooting. It's 100 ft maximum distance, has 10 (I think) lanes, and has central heat and air. Each lane has an electronic target holder that you can run out however far you want and bring it back when you are done, so there is very seldom a cease fire called. It's $10 for however long you want to stay. $15 if two people share a lane.

Only downside to the indoor range is that its loud, very loud. Other than that it is nice to have A/C in the summer and heat in the winter.

Bigger issue is more lead in the air at indoor ranges.

Love the liberals shooting guns piece too. Just always laugh that they made them shoot 12 gauge shotguns. I see people do this to new shooters all the time----make them shoot the least pleasant guns possible. Not sure why people do this....

Love the liberals shooting guns piece too. Just always laugh that they made them shoot 12 gauge shotguns. I see people do this to new shooters all the time----make them shoot the least pleasant guns possible. Not sure why people do this....

To make videos to make fun of them so they can LOL

This liberal can handle a gun just fine - mind you it has been 30 years the last time I did. I have never shot a 12 guage: how does it compare to an FN FAL circa 1986?

Good morning mates.
Been at the range yesterday and tried my new Grande Power P45. The recoil feels / is less then from a 1911 which I really like.

I encounterd two Problems though and I would like your opinion on it.

(1) the gun didnt go into battery at least 3 times.
(2) It shoots very low. (at 10m the bullets Impact 15-20cm (5-9 inches) below the aimpoint).

When I bought the gun 2 weeks ago, the dealer wanted to Show me how to disassamble and reassamble the gun. And he struggeld a lot (the rotationg Barrel System is unique).
When I did it myself yesterday I noticed that the slide fits much stiffer now and that I Need more force to cock the gun.

Is it possible that the low shooting and out of battery problem was caused by poor assambling by the weapons dealer?

Thanks
Sven

I usually ignore malfunctions in the first 200-300 rounds as the gun is breaking in. See my explanation above to Meat Grinder for a possible cause (full and tight magazines slowing your slide).

I am not familiar with this particular gun, but usually guns will not fire if they are not put together correctly. Designers strive for this. Out of battery firing could destroy the gun and potentially injure the shooter. I am sure that You Tube has great videos and you will soon be much better than your dealer at putting this gun together. Dealers are not firearms experts. Not even close.

For the low shooting.......find the best shooter on your range that you can and let him shoot the gun. Usually low (or low/left) shots are the fault of the shooter (flinching). Most guns are designed to fire POA = POI or even a little high. They NEVER come set up low.

Please do not take offense. Firing a handgun is an unnatural act. You have something exploding at the end of your arm. Your body naturally does not like this and pushes the gun down. It is normal. I still flinch from time to time and I have shot hundreds of thousands of rounds.

You can test this by having a friend load your magazines with 9 live round and 1 dummy round (randomly placed so you do not know where it is). Then have your friend watch you when you shoot. The downward flinch will be invisible until you drop the hammer on the dummy round. Your friend will see your front sight dip low. Using a laser can also show this dip. It happens all the time. Shooters usually have to fire about 20K to 30K rounds before this largely goes away. But it never totally goes away.

Hi @Nemesis. I am greatfull for any help.

2 other people shot the pistol at the range as well (both better shooters then I am) with the same result.

I handed the 45acp the same as my Shadow 2.

I guess the felling of needing to use more force to cock the slide was wishful thinking....

Will give here another try next week.

Hi @Nemesis. I am greatfull for any help.

2 other people shot the pistol at the range as well (both better shooters then I am) with the same result.

I handed the 45acp the same as my Shadow 2.

I guess the felling of needing to use more force to cock the slide was wishful thinking....

Will give here another try next week.
Nemesis gave some good advise and sounds a lot more experienced than I am but I'll throw in my two cents.

Handing the pistol over to someone else to see if the sights off doesn't prove much. To me its the same as someone shooting two pistols and then comparing the grouping to establish which pistol is more accurate, too much operator error in the equation. You might be better off putting the pistol in a stand (there is a name for the stand but I don't remember) or at the least shoot it braced off of a sandbag or something.

Nemesis gave some good advise and sounds a lot more experienced than I am but I'll throw in my two cents.

Handing the pistol over to someone else to see if the sights off doesn't prove much. To me its the same as someone shooting two pistols and then comparing the grouping to establish which pistol is more accurate, too much operator error in the equation. You might be better off putting the pistol in a stand (there is a name for the stand but I don't remember) or at the least shoot it braced off of a sandbag or something.

True enough, although I know probably 100 people that can hold a 2-3 inch group at 10 meters with a pistol. You are talking about a Ransom rest. That would certainly take most of the human element out of it. A laser magnetically attached to the front of the pistol barrel (or a laser in the form of a pistol cartridge) will also give you a ballpark indication of where the bullet is going in relation to the sights.

A 2 to 3 inch group at 10 meters is pretty common. This is less common:

This is a 10 meter air pistol target. Shot ONE HANDED. Not by me, lol.

For those not from the US, the coin is 17.9 millimeters.

10 METER AIR PISTOL--ONE HANDED.jpg

Please keep me posted if you find out anything as my ppk/s is my current carry weapon.
I have only put a few boxes of ammo through mine and so far it has performed flawlessly.
Got the PPK back today from Walther. They said it was a broken spring, didn't say which one just that it had a broken spring. They didn't charge me a dime not even for shipping.

Back