Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Rico-Shorker War

Some of you must have been wondering what has been happening in the Rico-Shorker War?
Well, after a bit of delay, the next set of battles have commenced with the Shorker Reich forces furiously counter-attacking and the PRRAF rocking back on their heels in defense!

This report is from the southern attack (Battle 1) where Shorker Forces are trying to break through to the coastal road and cut off the advancing PRRAF spearhead that was repulsed at Westerwalde.

rico-shork-war004cc.jpg

The battle is being fought in pretty flat, lightly wooded terrain around a complex of farm buildings surrounded by low walls, vineyards and olive groves which limit visibility somewhat.

The PRRAF units had to set up a hasty defense siting their AT guns and MG's with too little time to dig in properly before the panzers hit them.

PRRAAF mortars put up two screens of dense harassing fire to slow down the enemy infantry -- and it's been grim fighting so far... with several destroyed and abandoned enemy panzers and recon halftracks littering the battlefield.

It has however not been one-sided affair at all, as this shot of a destroyed PRRAF AT gun... dead and wounded crewmen scattered around.

A clue that the Shorkertruppen may be running out of armour, is this sequence captured by embedded war photographers.... a Shorker command halftrack races foward to provide fire support to advancing grenadiers...

An alert AT gun crew (or should I say survivors of the gun crew) hidden amongst the rubble of the farmstead's stone walls spots the halftrack...

... they open fire and put a 57mm round into the halftrack's engine compartment, rocking it back and stopping it dead in it's tracks...

"Reload!" shouts the AT gun commander!

But before the AT gun can fire ... far off on the left flank, Corporal Tucker, the last survivor of a Bofor AA gun crew which was hit by long range panzer fire early on, has also spotted the enemy halftrack. While Lance-Corporal Mason of the ammo supply squads tends to the gun crew's wounded, Corp Tucker opens fire...

Bullseye!! The Shorker command halftrack is riddled with 40mm AP and HE shells... one lone survivor (lloks like an officer) is seen leaping out the back of the vehicle while the rest of the occupants perish!

Special mention also goes to Sgt Matheson and Sherman crew -- they are being credited with destruction of three enemy panzers so far...

The battle continues...

Meanwhile, the other battle which involves the Shorker Forces attacking across the upper Rio Plasho valley is of a totally different character. (for report on other battle, see previous post)

The battlefield centers around a village in a hilly, wooded valley covered in olive groves and orchards in the bend of the small Rio Plasho river...

View from the right flank of the PRRAF positions, the vineyard covered, wooded ridge opposite starts the battle in Shorker hands... and plays a dramatic role in the opening of the battle.

View from the aforementioned ridge towards the PRRAF positions.

The small stone bridge over the Rio Plasho in the middle of the battlefield... there is a small wooded spur overlooking the bridge to the right of this picture.

The far left flank of the battlefield, with a PRRAF forward position in those farm buildings in view... the enemy would approach from the right and far end of the map.

The battle starts dramatically as it is revealed that overnight the Shorkertruppen had positioned a battery of 150mm infantry guns along a stone wall on the top forward slope of the hill just below the line of pines on the crest, on the right flank of the PRRAF positions, hoping to catch them with a surprise hurricane bombardment. Alert MG and AT gunners, plus a well-placed Sherman immediately return a withering firestorm...

... and within a short time, gun crews fall, guns are disabled and gunners start abandoning their positions... although some tougher HvyMG gunners continue firing across the valley!

Meanwhile, heavy artillery shells are screaming into the village...

And the small wooded spur overlooking the stone bridge is also hit by heavy mortar fire... (as seen from the abandoned Shorker gun positions)

After about ten minutes, PRRAF artillery fire starts raining down on area around the forward outpost position (which was abandoned early -- even though it was a Victory Location) -- hoping to catch Shorker infantry advancing to take posssession of this position.

The battle continues ... so far enemy panzers have not played any part as yet ...

Last edited:
The Shorker forces continue to take heavy losses in the Rio Plasho battle -- panzers have finally been spotted advancing along the central road towards the stone bridge.

LOS on this map has proven quite interesting, to say the least ... this Shorker Panzer IV was killed by a Sherman firing from the extreme right of the map... I don't think they saw it coming.

... a few minutes earlier, a little down the road, this Shorker Flak halftrack also mistakenly thought he was safe from enemy fire.

Jolly good shooting, tank commander Corporal Scrymgeour! The People's Republic of Rico is proud of you and we are sure that President for Life Rico will award you with medal for this smashing battlefield performance!

The People's Republic of Rico is proud of you and we are sure that President for Life Rico will award you with medal for this smashing battlefield performance!

Will that be -in good dictator style- a medal disguised as a one-way ticket to the gulags? Because the brave corporal Scrymgeour takes to much of the centre stage!

Will that be -in good dictator style- a medal disguised as a one-way ticket to the gulags? Because the brave corporal Scrymgeour takes to much of the centre stage!

"Dictator"? ... can I help it that the people insist on voting for their beloved leader repeatedly in every election?

"Gulags"??? ... we have no gulags ... here in the People's Republic of Rico we only have Re-education Summer Camps!

druzhba-soviet.jpg

Any chance we can get a casus belli from either state? It would help my blood pressure. You see I'm a bit on the angsty side, and need to know which combatant is more... er, morally justified. ;)

Great job Rico and Shorker! Love it. :)

Any chance we can get a casus belli from either state? It would help my blood pressure. You see I'm a bit on the angsty side, and need to know which combatant is more... er, morally justified. ;)

Casus belli? ... obviously unprovoked Shorker Reich aggression and moves to annex the Rio Plasho border region with it's thriving manganese mines and olive and pecan nut plantations!! :D

Last edited:
@Shorker : You delivered an excellent video AAR. Camera work and cutting deserve an Oscar! Btw: your CM looks fantastic...

Thank you, mates, thank you very much - I'm glad you like it! :) @Mehlsack: The third video is a bit "unsharp" and faded due to some technical probs I had,
but I did not change the landscape's colours or something. CMFI in general is a very good looking game, I think - especially the landscape.

Apart from that, I'm using "Egger's helmet mod" (a little bit modified again by myself) and I changed two or three German uniforms on my own and
here and there I'm using the .bmp files from CMBN for the one or the other vehicle.

Casus belli? ... obviously unprovoked Shorker Reich aggression and moves to annex the Rio Plasho border region with it's thriving manganese mines and olive and pecan nut plantations!! :D

HA HA HA!!! :D

But seriously - everybody knows that the Rio Plasho valley has always been Shorkerland since the time began, and furthermore the vast majority of the
people living in the Rio Plasho valley are of Shorkian origin but being suppressed by the PRRAFies for years - so they asked the Reich to help. ;)

The long overdue update of how the last round of battles have played out.

The People's Republic of Rico's Ministry of Truth is happy to that both recent Shorker Reich attacks have been repulsed with severe losses to the attackers.

Our front line photographers have captured images of the results of last ditch, brave, yet futile attempts by Shorler light armour and grenadiers at breaking into the PRRAF positions in the southern battle.

Images from the Rio Plasho battle reveal the extent of Shorker casualties on what the troops have now named "Calvary Ridge" ... littered with broken guns and Shorkertruppen.

Fighting was hard and PRRAF troops stood by their guns ... here a wrecked AT gun position covering the stone bridge over the Rio Plasho in the center of the battlefield.

PRRAF High Command believes that the horrific losses suffered by the Shorkertruppen in their failed assaults will have a serious effect on morale and it will only be a matter of time before the Shorker front will collapse.

For the next round of battles, the People's Republic of Rico High Command has decided to "clean up" the southern front once and for all with two northward attacks, before the easterly offensive resumes.
The weather is once again overcast -- so the air forces are grounded.
The Shorker Navy is still in port repairing battle damage, and the PRRAF navy is moving into position to provide naval gunfire support for the next round of battles along the south coast.

More news as the fighting develops...

I love the dueling propaganda, crisp screenshots, and newsreels! Keep it coming!

I love the dueling propaganda, crisp screenshots, and newsreels! Keep it coming!

Yes, it is great.
I'm still hopnig for a little tweaked North Korean "news" film with Rico or Shorker in it...

Back