Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Rico-Shorker War

Reports from the front have been slow in coming ... looks like the People's Republic of Rico has put a press embargo on reporting from the Rio Plasho battle -- rumours abound that this is because like the failed attack on Westerwalde, the PRRAF attack here has also turned into a fiasco, with heavy tank and infantry losses!

(ok, partly because I've been drowning in work these days and it's all I can manage is to get the turns out as often as I can :( -- I do hear rumours of another propaganda newsreel from the Shorker Reich is in production as I type this) :D

In the meantime ... a screenshot from the disasterous Westerwalde attack... kinda sums it all up ... Private Collins, last survivor of his rifle squad, runs back to the safety of the PRRAF lines past the burning wreck of a Sherman (he made it, despite some close calls with 105 rounds bursting all around him)

Last edited:
It's official -- this round of combat has been a fiasco for the People's Republic of Rico Armed Forces ... both attacks have failed ending with a Major Defeat at Westerwalde and a Total Defeat on the Rio Plasho.

Here's the map for the orders of the next round ... the weather has cleared up and air support is available again for these next battles.

With two victories achieved last turn, the Shorker Forces now have TWO attacks this round.
The hexes where the failed PRRAF attacks were launched from can now be attacked by Shorker forces at a 10% bonus -- representing disruption of the units in those sectors.

What will the the Shorker Reich's next moves? ... the world holds its breath.

The next set of orders have been issued by the respective High Commands, and here's how they play out:

Having regained the initiative, the Shorker armies now will attempt to cut off the PRRAF forces in G7 by attacking F9 and also attacking across the Rio Plasho to attack the disrupted forces in F6.

Both sides ordered their naval units to move into position for gunfire support in the coastal hexes, but both air forces were also ordered to strike at the enemy ships as well.

Mpfgi.jpg

A confused melee ensued with the air forces striking first: The Shorker Navy came off worst with severe damage resulting in a return to base and TWO turns of repairs.

RAF_Beaufighters_attack_convoy_off_Crete_1944.jpg

The PRRAF naval unit also retreated under severe aerial attack, running critically short of ack-ack ammunition, but taking no serious damage.

At%20sea%20off%20Crete%20in%20the%20Mediterranean%2019%20July%201940%20%20Italian%20cruiser%20Bartolomeo%20Colleoni%20under%20attack%20from%20HMAS%20Sydney%20near%20Cape%20Spada%20(450%20x%20309).jpg

With both sides' naval units now out of the picture, the land attacks proceed without any naval artillery or air attack bonuses.

Is this the beginning of the Shorker Blitzkrieg? The PRRAF forces are bracing themselves for the coming onslaught!

Last edited:
Finally - after a lot of hazzle with the "Live Windows Video Maker" I could finish the 2nd newsreel.
(There are still a lot of things that could be improved etc. - I know - but for the moment this will do. ;))

EDIT Feb. 6th, 2014: Posted an overhauled version with the music shortened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally - after a lot of hazzle with the "Live Windows Video Maker" I could finish the 2nd newsreel.
(There are still a lot of things that could be improved etc. - I know - but for the moment this will do. ;))

Great stuff!! ... (all complete lies and fabrications, of course :D ) .... especially like the closing "Westerwalde has been saved!" shot with the Marders advancing -- good work!

LOL!!! We are telling the truth! Always!!! :D

Thank you very much!

The "original" version was over 9 minutes long but the programme didn't put all the parts together properly and "blinded" some scenes (they were just black). So I decided only to take the scenes from the left flank and let it end then - just to get this piece finished.

The music came to early also - I thought that I muted it in the beginning and that it would only start in the last scene... Anyway - next newsreel will be somewhat "more to the point". It is a learning process - ... but also a lot of fun! ;)

EDIT Feb. 6th, 2014: Posted an overhauled version with the music shortened.

Tz tz tz.... My friends, Lederhosen are for "Volksmusik" - but here your are listening to "Marschmusik". ;)

But you are right - in Westerwalde we have the biggest Lederhosen Factory of the Reich! It can now carry on with the production! :D LOL!

Tz tz tz.... My friends, Lederhosen are for "Volksmusik" - but here your are listening to "Marschmusik". ;)

But you are right - in Westerwalde we have the biggest Lederhosen Factory of the Reich! It can now carry on with the production! :D LOL!

Damn ... the PRRAF artillery obviously wasn't shooting accurately enough! Burning down the Lederhosen factory would've been a serious blow to the Shorker Reich morale!
Although there are rumours of huge Lederhosen stockpiles hidden away in an abandoned salt mine.

Shorker, what soundmod do you use? Those MG42 sounds are terrifying!

They say, that in the Shorker Reich, Lederhosen are considered great works of art. :D
So it is. ;)

Shorker, what soundmod do you use? Those MG42 sounds are terrifying!

@General Specific: Hi Andrew, this sound mod was brought to my attention through @Boomkow. Yes, it's incredibly hardcore! ;)
It can be found in "Green as Jade's Warehouse" and it is called "High Quality Sound 1.4 / by manolito".

Don't know if the link will work because you have to be logged in for to be able to search
for the mod (just search for "Manolito").

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/search?search=Manolito&commit=Search

As I figured, see I believe I've been using it and, to my chagrin, I've been having trouble getting clean weapon discharges. What I've found is with weapons with high rates of fire, (or say a squad is firing the same weapon) The sounds are layered on top of each other such sometimes don't sync up with the weapons themselves or all that's heard is the sonic signature of the bullet leaving the gun but not the actual firing of the weapon itself. It's a little frustrating when your thompsons sound like single shot pop-guns and the MG34's sound less like fearsome machine guns and more like a machine stamping metal in a factory. Has this happened to you at all?

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. I haven't recognized any problems with that soundmod on my machine yet. I'm using a Dell XPS computer with a simple onboard soundcard
from Realtek.

Back