Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

YoooHooo, @MeatEtr.....

Well, what have we here? Two years later, old @MeatEtr finally stepped into the ring. :LOL:

Here's how I suggest we do it. QB. One of us chooses the game, map, and parameters (medium or large please, I already have a Yuge game going). The other person chooses sides.

Thats fine, I don't bother with huge games anyway, prefer small to medium size battles. Ok how about a ME in CMBN? No pre-plotting of arty. Standard rarity. Any idea on maps, any recently released made for H2H? I'll take a look around.

This has been a long time coming. @MeatEtr and I have never played a "real" battle before. I plan to savor this moment.

I take it your referring to the past two battles where you lost? :LOL: Those were real battles, don't kid yourself. :D
For let it be known to all, thats where this vendetta, as @Rico put it, has begun. It's official, the monkey is on your back to defeat me.

To make it interesting, I propose loser changes his avatar to this for no less than one week.

View attachment 16446

Agreed to 100%! :p

2ZCQYSY.gif

Thats fine, I don't bother with huge games anyway, prefer small to medium size battles. Ok how about a ME in CMBN? No pre-plotting of arty. Standard rarity. Any idea on maps, any recently released made for H2H? I'll take a look around.

Doesn't matter to me. One of us picks map & parameters, other picks sides. Choose your poison, Sir.

I take it your referring to the past two battles where you lost? :LOL: Those were real battles, don't kid yourself. :D
For let it be known to all, thats where this vendetta, as @Rico put it, has begun. It's official, the monkey is on your back to defeat me.

LOL, you think those "battles" were in any way "real"?

Get ready, Sirrah!

Morning buddy. I'll take a look at the map this afternoon. Wife is off today and need to spend some time with her. I'm feeling much more peaceful today. I think the cold medicine may have made me a little snarky yesterday (that, and accidentally grabbing a 450 F pizza pan). According to @Badger73, I was a veritable Snarknado. :devilish:

I think most of the stock CMBN QB maps are rather "meh". As you pointed out, there are probably some much better ones in the Depot. I know that @Will S has made some nice ones also, but maybe not for meeting engagements, because I don't think he likes meets very much.

Ok, I just looked at the map. That's fine. It's typical quality for a stock CMBN map. At first I didn't even see the bocage, but then I noticed that it's that annoying short bocage that offers little cover and concealment, while still blocking vehicles. ;-)

I'll take German Army. You can choose any Allied nationality available.

Only thing I would ask to add to your list of house rules is no TRPs, because how in the world would you have TRPs in a meeting engagement? Also, regarding your no more than 50% armor rule, I suppose you will have to provide some guidelines for what is considered "armor". Obviously, a tank is armor, but what about a halftrack with a machine gun? You could say only fully tracked vehicles are considered armor, but then that exempts armored cars from the rule. I would suggest that any vehicle with a 20mm or larger armament be considered "armor", but it's up to you since you are picking parameters and I'm choosing sides. You can even overrule my TRP suggestion if you want.

Am I not merciful?

Last edited:

Except I'm pretty sure I won our first game. I think it was Rico's prototype for his Q&D tourneys. But yea, even if that's so, you still have me at a 2 to 1 disadvantage. But then, we've never played a QB (aka a "real game"). ;-)

Ah, found it.

Ok, I just looked at the map. That's fine. It's typical quality for a stock CMBN map. At first I didn't even see the bocage, but then I noticed that it's that annoying short bocage that offers little cover and concealment, while still blocking vehicles. ;-)

I'll take German Army. You can choose any Allied nationality available.

Only thing I would ask to add to your list of house rules is no TRPs, because how in the world would you have TRPs in a meeting engagement? Also, regarding your no more than 50% armor rule, I suppose you will have to provide some guidelines for what is considered "armor". Obviously, a tank is armor, but what about a halftrack with a machine gun? You could say only fully tracked vehicles are considered armor, but then that exempts armored cars from the rule. I would suggest that any vehicle with a 20mm or larger armament be considered "armor", but it's up to you since you are picking parameters and I'm choosing sides. You can even overrule my TRP suggestion if you want.

Am I not merciful?

No overruling here, in my book rules should be agreed to. A mix and match from both players. (y)
Yeah forgot about the TRPs, agreed to none.
Also sounds good to me on armor, anything 20mm or more is considered a tank.
As for my side, hell I don't know yet... haven't played as Brits in forever.
Will get a setup file in our DB sometime tonight.

Last edited:
Except I'm pretty sure I won our first game. I think it was Rico's prototype for his Q&D tourneys. But yea, even if that's so, you still have me at a 2 to 1 disadvantage. But then, we've never played a QB (aka a "real game"). ;-)

Ah, found it.

Yeah thats right, you won our first encounter in Q&D and I won the next. Then I won that battle in CMFI for the Scouts Out Tourney. I thought it was a pretty fair and balanced scenario, aka "real game" LOL. Some of your fellow Allied players won as well. But then again they didn't play me did they! :p

Back