Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**NSFW** Australia Appreciation Thread

Most of the country is baking in temperatures above 35 degrees celsius this summer. Except the north east of of Queensland where they are having record rainfall this past week. Floods bring a certain problem to these parts... Crocs in flooded surburban streets.
The army is even doing some 'real world' training with their kit...

Most of the country is baking in temperatures above 35 degrees celsius this summer. Except the north east of of Queensland where they are having record rainfall this past week. Floods bring a certain problem to these parts... Crocs in flooded surburban streets.

Thank goodness he wears his helmet!

Saw that in the news this morning, one extreme to another down there. My sister just landed in Australia, I'll ask her to do some of her witchcraft to sort things out for you Aussies.

When Australian pilots get bored.

Some claim that the Koala may be the dumbest animal on the planet. It's tiny brain is only 2% of its body weight. Cute but not too bright.

"Because of their diet koalas have an unusually large caecum—part of the digestive system—to help them digest their diet of eucalyptus leaves. On the other hand, they have tiny brains because brains use a lot of energy and their diets don’t give them much to work with. They can only stay awake for four hours a day." - Molly Oldfield

I'll let you be the judge. :)
eff95892fe717639cf51b04bf7e48d49.png

B4mQs1RIgAA_9jB.jpg:large

Fun fact they actually don't live across all of Australia. They never made it to my side of the continent. (The west).

I don't know, I've met more than a few people whose brain is way less than 2% of their body weight. Plus I'd wager most of the representatives in the US Congress also have brains that are way less than 2% of their body weight as well.

Some claim that the Koala may be the dumbest animal on the planet. It's tiny brain is only 2% of its body weight. Cute but not too bright.

"Because of their diet koalas have an unusually large caecum—part of the digestive system—to help them digest their diet of eucalyptus leaves. On the other hand, they have tiny brains because brains use a lot of energy and their diets don’t give them much to work with. They can only stay awake for four hours a day." - Molly Oldfield

I bit like the giant panda: a carnivore living on a diet of plants (bamboo shoots) which aren't very nutritious. So, they have to eat a lot of the stuff and move as little as possible. No wonder they are bad at reproducing.

Aren't eucalyptus leaves poisonous to most creatures?
Nah. Old bush trick to get water in an emergency situation is to wrap a bag around a eucalyptus branch and wait for the water to drain from the leaves through evaporation. Doesn't poison you. Problem is the leaves themselves aren't exaclty high in energy for those animals that eat them. Part of the reason why koalas sleep all the time - and the silly things don't eat much else.

Oh but their cousins the Drop Bears on the other hand... meat eaters.

Back